Xavier Foster Announcement

Cant blame the guy. Iowa state has a lot of young athletic guards and we have the opposite (sans Joe T).

Good Luck Xavier!

Reactions: DJL
I still think Carton was a way bigger loss than Foster but both are not good signs for Fran

But I don't think Carton was ever seriously considering Iowa. At no point did I ever feel he would pick Iowa, heck Iowa wasn't even in his final 3.

But its tough to lose a kid that most felt favored Iowa and he had grown up an Iowa fan.

Reactions: DJL
Very classy response. I think they handled everything well and I really hope Iowa fans leave him alone. I think most people understand that Iowa is really never going to be great under Fran, so if we are being realistic, we have to understand his decision.

Fran is a trash recruiter. We all know that.

Iowa is going to have to make a coaching decision this March. Either Fran's band of Vanilla Gorillas is who they want to be in college basketball for the foreseeable future, or it's not. If it is, then shrug. Buy tickets, I guess? If it isn't, you pull the plug in March and let his kids find somewhere else to play. But it's hard to look at Fran's current recruiting class and think that this roster could even sniff the top half of the Big 10.

Fran is a trash recruiter. We all know that.

Iowa is going to have to make a coaching decision this March. Either Fran's band of Vanilla Gorillas is who they want to be in college basketball for the foreseeable future, or it's not. If it is, then shrug. Buy tickets, I guess? If it isn't, you pull the plug in March and let his kids find somewhere else to play. But it's hard to look at Fran's current recruiting class and think that this roster could even sniff the top half of the Big 10.

But something tells me Fran's job is 100% safe.

Latest posts