Worst ISU team since.....?

NeilDiamond

After listening to Deace on the radio, he makes it sound as if ISU is absolutely turrible, with "systemic issues" not correctable with current players. I didn't see the game, but that sounds intetresting.

I am siding with Miller and not falling into the trap. After 2005 and 2007, I will never chalk this up as a win again.

After listening to Deace on the radio, he makes it sound as if ISU is absolutely turrible, with "systemic issues" not correctable with current players. I didn't see the game, but that sounds intetresting.

I am siding with Miller and not falling into the trap. After 2005 and 2007, I will never chalk this up as a win again.

It was horrible. Really hard to watch, but being an Iowa fan, it was pretty funny. It seems like Iowa should stomp them Saturday, however, I too will never fall into that trap again. The line only being at 7 right now scares me also. I hope the Hawks come to play. I think Coker will want a little redemption after his slow start. If he's the Coker we saw in the Insight Bowl, he could run for 200.

you don't have to listen to deace to figure out that roadhs is taking the team in one direction, and that is not up.

this is not the team that isu had in '05 or in '07. remember '05. Tate out the first series. back up didn't get the job done. also, that '05 team was good, had good talent. '07. didn't we have jake C? we can stop right there with the analysis.

iowa will bury the clownz along the lines of scrimmage.

I went with a neighbor to the UNI game. Deace is on track. ISU sucks bad. If we don't walk away with a 50 point spankin it will be a disappointment. ISU looked like a mediocre HS team. Truly pathetic.

It's time for Steele Jantz (stupid parents) to eat turf. A lot of it.

Let's hope Coker takes out his frustrations on lil bro.

Deace knows less about ISU than a backwoods Alabama fan that knows not of ISU's existence. I was at the game and while I was not overly impressed for the first 50 minutes of the game, the team (namely Jantz) started to get their collective heads on straight. You also need to factor in ISU had somewhere around 7 or 8 starters either not suit up or that were injured during the game. Mainly during the first quarter. While ISU isn't going to set the world on fire this season, they won't be as bad as Deace hopes.

Deace doesn't know crap. They struggled against a good UNI team just the way Iowa did two years ago. Jantz was very inconsistent but he can run with the ball when he gets in trouble and that seems to be a weakness of Iowa's. It was also his first division 1 football game. That being said their Dline is not very good and our Oline should be able to handle them. What scares me is Coker, I hope he doesn't let the fumbles get in his head. he needs to come out strong on Saturday because if we can establish the run early then its over because they won't be able to stop our offense.

Deace doesn't know crap. They struggled against a good UNI team just the way Iowa did two years ago. Jantz was very inconsistent but he can run with the ball when he gets in trouble and that seems to be a weakness of Iowa's. It was also his first division 1 football game. That being said their Dline is not very good and our Oline should be able to handle them. What scares me is Coker, I hope he doesn't let the fumbles get in his head. he needs to come out strong on Saturday because if we can establish the run early then its over because they won't be able to stop our offense.

David - did Coker's MN fumble (one that potentially cost IA the game) get into his head for the bowl game? have a little faith.

We should by all rights never lose to those jagoff clowns...but we still do.

I never feel good about this game.

David - did Coker's MN fumble (one that potentially cost IA the game) get into his head for the bowl game? have a little faith.

He also had a lot longer to get over it, and he only fumbled it once. Im not saying that it will affect his play on Saturday but that is my biggest concern because we just lost McCall and I don't really want to see White as our main back against ISU.

you don't have to listen to deace to figure out that roadhs is taking the team in one direction, and that is not up.

this is not the team that isu had in '05 or in '07. remember '05. Tate out the first series. back up didn't get the job done. also, that '05 team was good, had good talent. '07. didn't we have jake C? we can stop right there with the analysis.

iowa will bury the clownz along the lines of scrimmage.

That 2007 team was the worst ISU team I think we have ever lost to. I'm mean, that team lost to Kent St., UNI, and Toledo with the win against Iowa sandwiched in. Granted that '07 Iowa team was pretty bad too (good gawd that Western Michigan still haunts me), but we should never put any stock into how teams looked the week before when predicting this game.

He didn't have to say it either. Maybe he thinks the same?

he was asked the question. if you know anything about KF he is going to praise. he is not going to create bb material. he said it was his 3rd year in the program and was agreeable to the question and to what Rohards has said publicly.

I didn't see any of the ISU game last week, but I know this:

(1) You can be a pretty good team and still barely squeek out a home win against UNI.

(2) The better team does not always win.

Iowa will need to play well to win Saturday.

Last edited:
That 2007 team was the worst ISU team I think we have ever lost to. I'm mean, that team lost to Kent St., UNI, and Toledo with the win against Iowa sandwiched in. Granted that '07 Iowa team was pretty bad too (good gawd that Western Michigan still haunts me), but we should never put any stock into how teams looked the week before when predicting this game.

think about that iowa team, what it had and didn't have. QB, RB, WR, OL specifically.

think about this iowa team, what is has comparatively.

Deace knows less about ISU than a backwoods Alabama fan that knows not of ISU's existence. I was at the game and while I was not overly impressed for the first 50 minutes of the game, the team (namely Jantz) started to get their collective heads on straight. You also need to factor in ISU had somewhere around 7 or 8 starters either not suit up or that were injured during the game. Mainly during the first quarter. While ISU isn't going to set the world on fire this season, they won't be as bad as Deace hopes.

I expect ISU to play a lot better on Saturday, so I am nervous about the game, but if you think that ISU didn't play bottom level football against UNI, then you don't know much about football. Jantz missed receivers by yards not feet. He tried to throw across his body back to the middle of the field twice and was intercepted twice. I know they will be stronger on the O-line, but they were beaten up front badly by an FCS team. If it weren't for Jake Knott making 700 tackles, it could have gotten ugly. Don't forget that the Clones were helped by some awful UNI penalties. It was an ugly ugly football game. Iowa has played some of those in the past, and I'm not afraid to admit it. So don't fool yourself, admit they sucked and move on.

He also had a lot longer to get over it, and he only fumbled it once. Im not saying that it will affect his play on Saturday but that is my biggest concern because we just lost McCall and I don't really want to see White as our main back against ISU.

David - think of it this way - yes, he had longer to get over it, but also longer to dwell on it. what do coaches say when a WR drops a ball (for example) - they want to throw it to the guy right away (so they can't dwell and let it get into their heads).

who knows, but i think he'll be fine.

Latest posts