Woody does it again pulls the hat trick

I said NO SUCH THING! He definitely SHOULD have both hands up to defend the goal, when a guard comes into the lane. What I said was, he should not have his fingers extended straight towards a players face and I stand by that. Show me the post where I said "he shouldn't have his hand up"

The ball never comes up above Trimble's waiste, so what exactly is Woody trying to do, if not poke him in the eye? Someone give us a reasonable explanation, please.
Again, just cause the ball is down doesn't mean the hands should be.

cognitive dissonance so real. Dude on three seperate occasions is supposedly using legitimate guarding technique but sucks so bad that he touches no other part of the players body due to lack of coordination. But hits what approximately a 2 inch tall 8 inch wide box where both your eyes are on accident. Doesn't hit the forehead or graze the chin at all. Just straight in the eyeballs due to "improper technique" 3 times. Oh and on the player torching the team in 2 of those cases.

Okay, we agree on that completely. Palm out and he's good in every single case. fingers extended is lazy technique and very costly.
I've face guarded hundreds of guards. I never once did it with my fingers extended. Why? Because it would not work to restrict a players court vision.....unless your intention was to poke him in the eye. I have never had another guard face guard me with their fingers extended. I've had a lot of close calls with players swiping at the ball. Face guarding a player that's 10 feet from the basket, as Trimble was, is not remotely effective either and is not something I have ever seen coached. If Trimble was going to rise up for a jumper, the face guard would be useless. Every 4/5 that's ever been coached is taught to put both hands straight up or try and block the shot. No 7'1 Center in the history of basketball, has ever been coached to face guard a 6'3 PG as a means of defense in the lane. I shouldn't think it's even necessary to explain that.

I've face guarded hundreds of guards. I never once did it with my fingers extended. Why? Because it would not work to restrict a players court vision.....unless your intention was to poke him in the eye. I have never had another guard face guard me with their fingers extended. I've had a lot of close calls with players swiping at the ball. Face guarding a player that's 10 feet from the basket, as Trimble was, is not remotely effective either and is not something I have ever seen coached. If Trimble was going to rise up for a jumper, the face guard would be useless. Ever 4/5 that's ever been coached is taught to put both hands straight up or try and block the shot. No 7'1 Center in the history of basketball, has ever been coached to face guard a 6'3 PG as a means of defense in the lane. I shouldn't think it's even necessary to explain that.

Dude. Nobody cares about your intramural all stars.

Nobody is arguing that it is a good play. It just isn't a "thug" play.

"I even survived a game of knockout with jake jaaks and guy rucker"
That's a blatant lie. You put quotations around a blatant lie and attempt to attribute said lie to me. Nice try. And I never once played with Guy Rucker. He wasn't much of a gym rat, if I recall. Probably why he never got any better after his FR season.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...Wdd0Xt-_537sAob4g&sig2=QV43N1vbuMX-flMWHoujDg

Here's a slow motion video. Woody's hand starts down by the ball, comes up level with Trimble's face and then he extends his arm and fingers right into Trimble's eyes. The ball never comes up above Trimble's waiste, so what exactly is Woody trying to do, if not poke him in the eye? Someone give us a reasonable explanation, please.

The fact you need an explanation, means you don't get defense.

For someone 7 foot to leave their hands all the way down by the waist of someone a foot shorter would be stupid.

There nothing out of the ordinary going on in that play.

Dude. Nobody cares about your intramural all stars.

Nobody is arguing that it is a good play. It just isn't a "thug" play.
Then why did the refs give him a flagrant 1? I guess they have no credibility either. The guys who actually make a living determining what is and is not an intentional play, have spoken and they assigned Woodbury a flagrant 1.

The fact you need an explanation, means you don't get defense.

For someone 7 foot to leave their hands all the way down by the waist of someone a foot shorter would be stupid. Never said that.

There nothing out of the ordinary going on in that play.
I suppose the refs need a lesson in defense too? They are the experts that assigned Woodbury a flagrant 1. Why don't you call up the BIG office of officiating and explain to them how they fouled up. That should get a chuckle out of them.

Ummm, have you not watched Woody run? He is one of the most awkwardly coordinated guys in basketball.
lakers519.jpg

Kobe isn't going for the ball either. Is he a thug? ( minus the whole rape thing)

Im just beside myself at the fact that some people have watched more than two or three basketball games and not familiar with what's going on in this picture. It's happens in every game.

Then why did the refs give him a flagrant 1? I guess they have no credibility either. The guys who actually make a living determining what is and is not an intentional play, have spoken and they assigned Woodbury a flagrant 1.

Your intramurals must have used a different rule book.

Flagrant 1: Causing excessive contact with an opponent while playing the ball; and
Illegal contact with an elbow that occurs above the shoulders of an opponent when the elbows are not swung excessively.

Seems like the right call to me. Intent has nothing to do with it. Just like a loose elbow. They didn't even blow the whistle in real time.

LOOOOL "i played 1 game against jake jaaks and now im the field house all star" DARRYL MOORE HERE...

looool.... This is rich but i sorta feel bad picking on you

Melo Trimble said he didn't think it was intentional, obviously you know more about this situation than the guy it happened to you ******* idiot.

That's a blatant lie. You put quotations around a blatant lie and attempt to attribute said lie to me. Nice try. And I never once played with Guy Rucker. He wasn't much of a gym rat, if I recall. Probably why he never got any better after his FR season.
You dont say?

You guys can argue with me until you are blue in the face. The men who get PAID to determine the intentional nature of the play.....called it a FLAGRANT 1! They didn't make that call in actual game speed, where mistakes can be made. They went over to the monitor, took their time, held a conference about it and hit Thugbury with the flagrant 1.
I can't wait to hear you guys squeal when the BIG conference views the video footage and they suspend him.

Latest posts