Woody does it again pulls the hat trick

6a00d8341c652b53ef0120a7f4ac0d970b-800wi_3486.jpg

At this point people who accused Woody of intentionally doing it should be ashamed of themselves.

A, for attacking someone who plays for your own team and being wrong and B, for the sheer stupidity of actualy believing that it could have been on purpose.

At this point people who accused Woody of intentionally doing it should be ashamed of themselves.

A, for attacking someone who plays for your own team and being wrong and B, for the sheer stupidity of actualy believing that it could have been on purpose.

I still can't get over people thinking he actually has the ability to do it.

I would love to see the Goofers show up on Thursday all wearing Kareem style goggles. That would be awesome! Maybe break the tension a bit. C'mon Pitino, make it happen!

It was intentional. Only idiots that have never played basketball, will sit there and say it was an accident. Stop commenting if you don't know anything about the game. You look like a total idiot! When the ball is being dribbled on the floor and you extend your hand, poking the player in the eye....it's no accident.
It's thug basketball and total garbage. Just like Woody's arm bar on the tip off. Not by accident.
All of the above aside, he played a great game today. He can play good basketball without that Bush league garbage. I wish he would.

I've played. It looked completely inadvertent. It's happened to me. I've done it before as well. All inadvertent. Part of the game.

I've chipped teeth, broken my nose, scratches all over my arms and shoulders, broken bones in my hand and that doesn't include foot, ankle and knee injuries. None were anything malicious. And it's all a part of the game. If you can't see that then, to use your own words sir, you look like a total idiot.

I've face guarded hundreds of guards. I never once did it with my fingers extended. Why? Because it would not work to restrict a players court vision.....unless your intention was to poke him in the eye. I have never had another guard face guard me with their fingers extended. I've had a lot of close calls with players swiping at the ball. Face guarding a player that's 10 feet from the basket, as Trimble was, is not remotely effective either and is not something I have ever seen coached. If Trimble was going to rise up for a jumper, the face guard would be useless. Every 4/5 that's ever been coached is taught to put both hands straight up or try and block the shot. No 7'1 Center in the history of basketball, has ever been coached to face guard a 6'3 PG as a means of defense in the lane. I shouldn't think it's even necessary to explain that.

Ahhhh! That explains it! You're a guard! You know, where the refs call a foul on an inconsequential hand check to the hip. Down in the trenches, where I played, we hope we only get hand checks. Usually it's forearms across the back, elbows to God knows where and hands to the face.

Then why did the refs give him a flagrant 1? I guess they have no credibility either. The guys who actually make a living determining what is and is not an intentional play, have spoken and they assigned Woodbury a flagrant 1.

If it truly was a foul (and a flagrant 1 at that) why did they have to go back to the replay monitor to even assess the foul? In real time it was play on. It was only at Turgeon's insistence they go to the replay monitor at all... and they called a retroactive foul.

I've played. It looked completely inadvertent. It's happened to me. I've done it before as well. All inadvertent. Part of the game.

I've chipped teeth, broken my nose, scratches all over my arms and shoulders, broken bones in my hand and that doesn't include foot, ankle and knee injuries. None were anything malicious. And it's all a part of the game. If you can't see that then, to use your own words sir, you look like a total idiot.
Hope you got the win, sounds like Woodbury really took it to you :)

If it truly was a foul (and a flagrant 1 at that) why did they have to go back to the replay monitor to even assess the foul? In real time it was play on. It was only at Turgeon's insistence they go to the replay monitor at all... and they called a retroactive foul.

You're way late to this thread. Im not rehashing it all again. I hope you filed charges on the girls that throttled you in the driveway basketball court. It sounds like a brutal beating.

And The Crippler's first two eye pokes happened at the 3 pt line.
First clue that you're a homer apologist: everyone NOT a fan of the same team saw it completely different. Go to any other BIG board besides Maryland and they all think it was intentionally done. Half of the Iowa fans think it was intentionally done. Get your head checked.

Wow, lightning has really clowned himself up in here. Credibility forever shot, I haven't been paying attention perhaps he never had any.

The fact that you can't even show any credence to the counter points made shows you have nothing but an axe to grind.

First clue that you're a homer apologist: everyone NOT a fan of the same team saw it completely different. Go to any other BIG board besides Maryland and they all think it was intentionally done. Half of the Iowa fans think it was intentionally done. Get your head checked.
Christ, some of you are as bad as Penn State fans.

Wow, lightning has really clowned himself up in here. Credibility forever shot, I haven't been paying attention perhaps he never had any.

The fact that you can't even show any credence to the counter points made shows you have nothing but an axe to grind.

Homer apologist. You're as bad as Penn State fans. The rest of the nation disagrees with you. Do you think they all have an ax to grind too? You're not very bright.

Yes let's base everything off of the opinion of the masses of sheep that have been force fed a biased review of the situation. Slow mo view without context of the score/situation, doesn't even show that player was quickly diving into the line. Is his technique poor yes? Should he clean it up yes? Is it malicious give me a break.

If you've watched this team and Woody over the course of three years common sense tells you it wasn't intentional. I know you will never concede, your on some false crusade. And I guarantee you less than 10 percent of Iowa fans that truly pay attention think it was even remotely intentional.

Homer apologist. You're as bad as Penn State fans. The rest of the nation disagrees with you. Do you think they all have an ax to grind too? You're not very bright.

Keep on grinding sensationalist. Keep on grinding. I have yet to see you make an intelligent reply even remotely considering the other points people have made.

The fact that you compared this to a child sexual abuse scandal proves my point.

The Crippler must have been working overtime to get the entire nation angry enough to hate on him for no reason! The whole nation has been twisting thier mustaches, waiting for a chance like this, to get payback on Woodbury for all of his past deeds.
You guys take the cake.

Christ, some of you are as bad as Penn State fans.

This may be your dumbest post yet. Of course fans of the team we just destroyed and embarrassed say that. Funny how you don't mention that Trimble has said it wasn't intentional. You, sir are worse than a Pedo state fan.

Yes let's base everything off of the opinion of the masses of sheep that have been force fed a biased review of the situation. Slow mo view without context of the score/situation, doesn't even show that player was quickly diving into the line. Is his technique poor yes? Should he clean it up yes? Is it malicious give me a break.

If you've watched this team and Woody over the course of three years common sense tells you it wasn't intentional. I know you will never concede, your on some false crusade. And I guarantee you less than 10 percent of Iowa fans that truly pay attention think it was even remotely intentional.

Freakin Rick Mahorn said it was intentionally done. Does he have no credibility? Is he a sheep that knows nothing about basketball? STFU already! You guys are making all Iowa fans look bad.

Latest posts