woodbury

His demanding the ball on a post up after the transition dunk and going to the rack and getting fouled....those things are big in his growth. He's going to be a very good player
I think he has already become a very good player. The next two years should show us why North Carolina was after him

woody was terrific defensively today

I love watching that kid hedge and recover -- and did you notice how much better gabe was today doing that? big improvement since november

woody was terrific defensively today

I love watching that kid hedge and recover -- and did you notice how much better gabe was today doing that? big improvement since november

Gabe's leaving the building. Seriously, people who are excited this year better put on a diaper for the next two.

Before today, many of is thought woody had a vertical that would allow a sheet of paper to slide between his shoe and the floor. After today we all know that distance is up to at least a phone book. And not just a small town Iowa phone book, I mean like Cedar Rapids size phone book. Next year is projecting to Webster's dictionary ups.

You see that picture Woody posted? I would say that is a couple of Chicago phone books stacked on top of each other.

thread drift, but I loved gabe's play on that block in the 2nd half. recovered with his head up (he used to put his head down and look rushed), then cut off the drive for the clean block. he would have been a step behind the play or hacked last year. gabe is going to be a baaaad man.

There has been a lot of talk about the drop off we will have next year when the seniors leave. I am beginning to think we might be alright next year. Some of the off season and in season improvements have been pretty astounding. Gabe and Woody both looked near helpless on the offensive end for most of last year. Both out of position a lot on defense. They are both beginning to look pretty legit. It seems a big factor for both is confidence. Although Woody seems like he has never lacked confidence. Our post play might actually help bridge the gap in developing our guard play next year.

Woody is only a sophomore...and it's starting to really click.

Expect big things his final 2 years. He's got the skills on both ends of the court.

There has been a lot of talk about the drop off we will have next year when the seniors leave. I am beginning to think we might be alright next year. Some of the off season and in season improvements have been pretty astounding. Gabe and Woody both looked near helpless on the offensive end for most of last year. Both out of position a lot on defense. They are both beginning to look pretty legit. It seems a big factor for both is confidence. Although Woody seems like he has never lacked confidence. Our post play might actually help bridge the gap in developing our guard play next year.

Marble will be missed, honestly McCabe and Basabe can be replaced. I will be excited for next season, I expect Iowa to be in contention for the Big Ten title.

Marble will be missed, honestly McCabe and Basabe can be replaced. I will be excited for next season, I expect Iowa to be in contention for the Big Ten title.

A couple more performances like today, and I expect to be in contention for the B1G THIS year.

We may need a little help as well. The MSU game may be the make/break opportunity for the title.

I think our bench will probably be worse but 4 of the 5 starters will be better with Marble's position being the only exception.

A couple more performances like today, and I expect to be in contention for the B1G THIS year.

We may need a little help as well. The MSU game may be the make/break opportunity for the title.

Let's not go over board, Iowa had a shot to be a contender this year but choked against MSU and at Wisconsin. Flip those 2 games and Iowa is tied for first place.

Marble will be missed. If J O is shooting good, and Jok develops as much as gabe has in a year, Ellingson is a scorer too. It will be replacement by committee next year for Marble's minutes. Basabe is an energy guy and a leader, McCabe has his nights. With what we already have and at least Dom Uhl (THE MULE!) they will be easily replaced...................................That nickname flows off the tongue. My sister dated a guy from England name Dominique, he said it is a common name, and most go by Dom

Let's not over react like when we beat fOSU. There is still a chance, we will need help. A lot of it

Latest posts