Woodbury to announce tomorrow

I hopped over to the UNC scout boards and over the last 48 hours people there have went from optimistic to pessimistic on his chances of committing to UNC. Someone posted a rumor that Inside Carolina is not covering the press conference. Also, someone pointed out that another center, Joel James, had popped back on their recruiting list yesterday. Signs seem to be pointing to an Iowa commitment.

I hopped over to the UNC scout boards and over the last 48 hours people there have went from optimistic to pessimistic on his chances of committing to UNC. Someone posted a rumor that Inside Carolina is not covering the press conference. Also, someone pointed out that another center, Joel James, had popped back on their recruiting list yesterday. Signs seem to be pointing to an Iowa commitment.

Yeah, I was reading that thread also. Amazing how quickly the tone of that thread turned, it went from "we are getting him" to "congrats Iowa".

Eric Bossi thinks Iowa is heavy favorite.

When is the last time Iowa was a heavy favorite for a basketball recruit against Roy Williams? Never.

Dochterman reporting that Gesell will be a guest during the radio announcement.

Radio station to stream Adam Woodbury’s announcement live with Mike Gesell as a guest | TheGazette

Looks like the UNC media won't be there for the commitment and all the people on their boards think he is a Hawk. They also added another big to their recruiting board yesterday...good sign? I hope so!

Dochterman reporting that Gesell will be a guest during the radio announcement.

Radio station to stream Adam Woodbury’s announcement live with Mike Gesell as a guest | TheGazette

Done deal. No way Gesell would be the guest for a UNC announcement. Tight. Been a long time since we had some good news like this for hoops.

I just found out about Gesell being there. Why would he show up if Adam wasn't going to pick Iowa? I feel much better after reading that article.

Great news on Woodbury! However it makes me sick that Jon is trying to start rumors like this about Paige. NO WAY he backs out on UNC. Not sure who his "sources" are but I'm guessing it's just other "media" (glorified fans) members like himself.

Not to say that I am not VERY confident that Woodbury is going to commit to the Hawks, but he and Gesell are friends, and his being there could simply be a show of support.

With that said, I don't see Woody in Carolina blue.

Great news on Woodbury! However it makes me sick that Jon is trying to start rumors like this about Paige. NO WAY he backs out on UNC. Not sure who his "sources" are but I'm guessing it's just other "media" (glorified fans) members like himself.

Yeah, because Jon always throws around rumors on his site. He is one of the best at keeping rumors that have no proven source OFF his site. He dropped a hint and something he thinks might happen. Get over it ya big baby.

Lets just hope Woodbury commits to Iowa,then worry about ''rumors'' related to Marcus.

Jon is not saying that Paige is de-committing,only passing on the scuttlebutt he is hearing.
We are all big boys here,and know that the likelihood of Marcus changing his mind is a long shot. But,we also all know that it does happen,and if there was ever a situation where the factors impacting a recruits decision lined up in favor of Iowa ,it is this one, with AAU buddies for several years, both coming to Iowa, which was Marcus' second choice?
Family living 20 minutes from Carver vs 1500 miles from Chapel Hill?

If he was my son, I would want him to play close to home. But,I would let him make the call,as it appears the Paige's have. Still, the convenience of attending every Iowa game has to be tempting,especially now that Fran has the program back in the game!

Any comments on the staff's recruiting in their "make or break" recruiting year CAAR?

Lets secure Woody's commit before getting too chesty.

And altho CAAR has been a bit too tied to his ''recruiting saber-metric '' in his analysis, in general, I agreed with him about the notion of early momentum in any coaching regime. Fran has to capitalize on his ''new hire'' early momentum,along with the facilities upgrade,and top 100 local talent.
And if Woody commits to Iowa, then Fran can probably say...''mission accopmplished'' in terms of the 2012 class. Sure, Paige would have been the trifecta,but 2 of 3 definitely clears the bar.

Latest posts