Woodbury gets UNC offer

Ugh:

Woodbury gets scholarship offer from North Carolina

[ 0 ] August 8, 2011 | Hawk Central

Top men’s basketball recruit Adam Woodbury said this afternoon that he received a scholarship offer from North Carolina head coach Roy Williams today.
Woodbury, a seven-foot-tall senior-to-be at Sioux City East High School, said that he has yet to make a commitment and likely will do so in November. The Hawkeyes, who have also made a scholarship offer to Woodbury, are still in the hunt, he said.
Hawk Central reporter Pat Harty asked Woodbury what he would say to Iowa fans in light of his offer from perennial powerhouse North Carolina.
“I guess just stay in there with me and I guess we’ll see what happens one day,â€￾ he said.
Woodbury’s point-guard teammate at Sioux City East is Mike Gesell, who committed today to play for Fran McCaffery and the Hawkeyes. That move, Woodbury said, definitely helps Iowa’s chances.

So does Adam go to UNC to play w/ Paige or Iowa to play w/ Gesell?

Wowsa.

I was actually hoping that Adam did not get a Kansas, Duke or UNC offer.

Think Roy was feeling the pressure after Gessel committed to Iowa?

This is what I think. Pretty big coincidence, Roy offering Woodbury just hours after Gesell commits to the Hawks. I'm sure he doesn't want to see the day when Iowa keeps its top in-state guys consistently. Iowa has been too good to him to allow that to happen.

He's just another blue-chip recruit in a group of them at UNC. Would he even start with who UNC already has and recruiting at center? He's king at Iowa if he comes. Screw you Roy!!

I like Woodbury's comment to Harty. I still like our chances with him.

Hawk Central reporter Pat Harty asked Woodbury what he would say to Iowa fans in light of his offer from perennial powerhouse North Carolina.
“I guess just stay in there with me and I guess we’ll see what happens one day,â€￾ he said.

So does Adam go to UNC to play w/ Paige or Iowa to play w/ Gesell?

Wowsa.

I was actually hoping that Adam did not get a Kansas, Duke or UNC offer.

Or Gesell works over Woodbury, and then they both get Paige to come back to the light! :D

Why does Roy hate Iowa basketball? He has made a career out of stabbing us in the heart....and along the way had some success coaching too I guess.

Latest posts