Wisconsin’s Davison Suspended for Low Blow

Greg Gard is starting to lose control of the basketball program. You got a dirty player that finally costs you a game and probably a second game against MSU. You got a player that suddenly decides to quit with a month or more to go, who was a homegrown kid and Wisconsin’s Mr.Basketball. And you have a fan base that is getting sick of all of it. This is beginning to look like a dumpster fire that is about to go off the rails.

I am shocked that the conference actually did something about this.
Star power. They wouldn't have messed with Bo Ryan.

I mean, the music business never messed with the Beatles for all the times they nicked Buddy Holly and the Everly Brothers, but the minute they broke up they nailed George Harrison because My Sweet Lord sounded too much like the Chiffons He's So Fine.

Greg Gard is starting to lose control of the basketball program. You got a dirty player that finally costs you a game and probably a second game against MSU. You got a player that suddenly decides to quit with a month or more to go, who was a homegrown kid and Wisconsin’s Mr.Basketball. And you have a fan base that is getting sick of all of it. This is beginning to look like a dumpster fire that is about to go off the rails.
They do have a strong class coming in next year...for now. But Kobe King is starting to sound like Sam Okey 2.0. Don't forget they also had Tyler Herro, then Herro backed out and is already in the NBA.

I'm trying to remember if King verbally committed when Ryan was still coaching. Not a good look when your Mr. Basketball and leading scorer bails this far into his career.

I would like to see additional punishment from Wisconsin coaches and AD. Show some guts, Bucky. It is not like this was the kid’s first rodeo.

If they really had guts they'd shelf him the rest of the season. Pull a Jim Crane. MLB punishment comes out, Crane goes further and fires coach and GM. B1G comes out with punishment, Barry needs to go further here and sack Davison the rest of the season (pun intended). This isn't isolated, this is who this thug is...a thug.

Yes just read that. King didnt travel to Iowa so must have been in the doghouse and suspended. Says the wisky program is not for him now, maybe he doesnt like the slow down play or maybe the coach or maybe cant handle being reprimanded.
Probably feelings hurt, coaches not telling him often enough how amazing he is.

If Kentucky, Duke, NC, etc come calling it doesn’t matter what system Wisconsin has.

Top state talent less than that? Maybe

See Iowa (and Iowa State)

Turns out it's more a move to trick stupid refs into calling an offensive foul that it is a dirty play. I blame terrible officiating more than I blame him for doing a winning play. I absolutely love that it backfired this time and cost them any chance of winning. That shit doesn't normally happen to Iowa. Normally the refs would screw us too, cost us the game, then catch Davidson next time.

He can't flop so he starts playing dirty.

This all doesn't sound good for Gary Gard. There were plenty of people that didn't want him to ascend to the head job when he did.

I'll be first to admit I love me a good collegiate dumpster fire as long as it's taking place anywhere other than our campus.

Bo Ryan forced Alvarez's hand in hiring Gard.

I'm sure Barry is working on the list of replacements as we speak. I would think Tony Bennett would be at the top of the list, but Barry is cheap and that would take a lot of money to pull him away from UVA. Plus, it's another coach with a slow-paced system.

I'm sure Barry is working on the list of replacements as we speak. I would think Tony Bennett would be at the top of the list, but Barry is cheap and that would take a lot of money to pull him away from UVA. Plus, it's another coach with a slow-paced system.
Yeah that Ryan deal was weird. He had some years long affair going on and was accused of miss using school funds by taking her on recruiting trips and spending that $ on her. I can't remember how that all ended beyond him stepping down and hand picking Gard for the gig.

No way could I see Alvarez getting Bennett. I don't think Bennett would leave VA for them first of all. That'd be a sideways move at best backwards to most folks. That'd be an interesting hire for sure if that were to end up being open. Alvarez hasn't had to do much hiring in the basketball realm of things. Seemed like he went the easy way out in letting Gard have it and he is probably regretting it a little now.

Yes just read that. King didnt travel to Iowa so must have been in the doghouse and suspended. Says the wisky program is not for him now, maybe he doesnt like the slow down play or maybe the coach or maybe cant handle being reprimanded.

Actually I've heard that some of the boosters and fans are kind of getting sick of the slow play as well at this point. I think we are going to see a change in Wisky in the near future, either coach or play style or both.

Turns out it's more a move to trick stupid refs into calling an offensive foul that it is a dirty play. I blame terrible officiating more than I blame him for doing a winning play. I absolutely love that it backfired this time and cost them any chance of winning. That shit doesn't normally happen to Iowa. Normally the refs would screw us too, cost us the game, then catch Davidson next time.
Whether the refs call it or not he is a dush bag for doing it.

It is not a winning play. It’s a dushery play.

Greg Gard has been with Ryan on virtually every coaching stop Ryan had, UW Plattville, UW Milwaukee and Wisconsin. He definitely lobbied hard for Gard to get it.

If Kentucky, Duke, NC, etc come calling it doesn’t matter what system Wisconsin has.

Top state talent less than that? Maybe

See Iowa (and Iowa State)
I don't think that Herro kid made the wrong decision for himself.. Many programs have kids commit and then decommit later in the process. Does it suck? Yeah for sure that shit hurts because you are kinda stuck in no mans land trying to replace them with little time to do so. But that's the system schools use players and players use the system.

Actually I've heard that some of the boosters and fans are kind of getting sick of the slow play as well at this point. I think we are going to see a change in Wisky in the near future, either coach or play style or both.

Yeah that style is great when you're getting to Final 4s and making other good NCAA runs but when you're not, it gets very old, very quick.

And as mentioned, they're not happy about losing the top instate recruits. I'm pretty sure their 2021 group has a couple of blue chips and Wisconsin was never in the running for either.

Its one thing to lose guys to Duke but the Badger faithful aren't going to accept Marquette and Iowa St taking their best players.

Latest posts