Wisconsin’s Davison Suspended for Low Blow

Rewatched the game and have a few more thoughts

Wisconsin plays more dirty/nasty than any team I have seen in recent memory. They foul on every play, constantly shoving, undercutting, hitting all the time

They had 28 fouls called on them and there should have been at least 10 more, but the zebras can only call so many. They could have called one each and every play on the badgers

There were at least 5 fouls that should Not have been called on the Hawks, nonexistent touch fouls vastly in contrast to the badgers style of play

Bardo is supremely irritating to listen to

To me, it seems that he has a negative Hawk bias

Early in the first half, Luka was pounded and shoved to the floor by 3 badgers while going for an offensive rebound

Bardo said: This is the Big Ten. This is how they play

Couple of minutes later Connor is called fo lightly touching someone's forearm, and was called for a foul

Bardo said while watching the replay: That is definitely a foul

F Him

In the last 2 minutes of the game when Davison slammed Connor to the floor with a nut punch, again while watching the replay, Bardo said:

I don't know how you can call that one a foul, Kevin. Play on

F Him
Bardo was at Illinois when the Bruce Pearl/Deon Thomas stuff was going on.

While Pearl was hardly innocent, Jimmy Collins to this day will not shake his hand. Perhaps Bardo hasn forgotten either.

Bardo was at Illinois when the Bruce Pearl/Deon Thomas stuff was going on.

While Pearl was hardly innocent, Jimmy Collins to this day will not shake his hand. Perhaps Bardo hasn forgotten either.

Bardo was there during the recruitment of Thomas but he was a senior so he wasn't affected by the post season ban.

Should be a suspension and a kick in the nuts.
Have you seen the collective Wisconsin response to this incident? While there are a couple of Wisky blogs that have come out and called Davison a dirty player, most of the stuff I've read is responding to the suspension with a reaction like: "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!"

I have read now three articles on the after-math of the B1G-imposed suspension, all of them from primary Wisky sources (like the Milwaukee J-S and the Madison W-S Journal). Their pundits will barely acknowledge that ... something happened. Here are two quotes: "Davison appeared to hit McCaffery near the groin area..." [Jeff Potrykus] and "Davison appeared to graze McCaffery’s groin area..." [Tom Oates] ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

And in this case, Gard is no better. It is like he is buying Davison's line that, up to now, he still has no idea what he was actually called for (and hence suspended for).

I sure would like to think we would be neither defending the player (like he did nothing wrong) nor minimizing what actually happened if this were done by an Iowa player. I would also like to think that we would spend more than the collective 10 seconds these faux journalists spent trying to find out what really happened on that play.

Don't get me wrong, Rob - this has nothing to do with your comment. But if supposedly respected sports journalists just plain cannot call a dirty play a dirty play - especially when a player has a history of it - then sports journalism is getting to be in a bad way.

Gratefully, I know, Rob, that YOU demand a much higher standard - as you should. Rant over.

They do have a strong class coming in next year...for now. But Kobe King is starting to sound like Sam Okey 2.0. Don't forget they also had Tyler Herro, then Herro backed out and is already in the NBA.

I'm trying to remember if King verbally committed when Ryan was still coaching. Not a good look when your Mr. Basketball and leading scorer bails this far into his career.

Might be the ultra boring style of play

Sam loved the Tom Davis brand of basketball

Smash Mouth, stroll the ball down the court style of play

Is not for everyone

I imagine the practices are also as brutal as their game play

Loved Sam Okey. He was a man among men on the court

Tons of style also

:cool:

Have you seen the collective Wisconsin response to this incident? While there are a couple of Wisky blogs that have come out and called Davison a dirty player, most of the stuff I've read is responding to the suspension with a reaction like: "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!"

I have read now three articles on the after-math of the B1G-imposed suspension, all of them from primary Wisky sources (like the Milwaukee J-S and the Madison W-S Journal). Their pundits will barely acknowledge that ... something happened. Here are two quotes: "Davison appeared to hit McCaffery near the groin area..." [Jeff Potrykus] and "Davison appeared to graze McCaffery’s groin area..." [Tom Oates] ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

And in this case, Gard is no better. It is like he is buying Davison's line that, up to now, he still has no idea what he was actually called for (and hence suspended for).

I sure would like to think we would be neither defending the player (like he did nothing wrong) nor minimizing what actually happened if this were done by an Iowa player. I would also like to think that we would spend more than the collective 10 seconds these faux journalists spent trying to find out what really happened on that play.

Don't get me wrong, Rob - this has nothing to do with your comment. But if supposedly respected sports journalists just plain cannot call a dirty play a dirty play - especially when a player has a history of it - then sports journalism is getting to be in a bad way.

Gratefully, I know, Rob, that YOU demand a much higher standard - as you should. Rant over.

Playing ignorant doesn't fly in this day of social media. His other incidences are floating around all over the place. Kinda like when Woody got accused of using his off hand to push off the defender on the opening tip. Images popped up all over the place of him doing it multiple times in the past. There was no denying it was his thing.

Based on the journalistic logic it appears to me that Davidson apparently received a one game suspension. He can now graze his on groin area while watching his teammates play without him.

Based on the journalistic logic it appears to me that Davidson apparently received a one game suspension. He can now graze his on groin area while watching his teammates play without him.
While listening to "Moving In Stereo" by The Cars.

BTW, no one need to link it. Everyone knows what I'm talking about.

Might be the ultra boring style of play

Sam loved the Tom Davis brand of basketball

Smash Mouth, stroll the ball down the court style of play

Is not for everyone

I imagine the practices are also as brutal as their game play

Loved Sam Okey. He was a man among men on the court

Tons of style also

:cool:
Tons of hair style, which he was doing in Wausau the last I heard.

Best player to ever come out of the Dubuque area, a list that includes Kevin Kunnert and Jordan Egelseder.

Latest posts