Wirfs Arrested

The average wrestler gives up a lot of size to the average basketball player. If a basketball player is smart, he uses his long arms to hold off the wrestler.

If the wrestler takes the basketball player down to the ground, advantage wrestler.

By the way, isn't Dwayne Johnson the grandson of (above shown) Pampero Firpo? Or is it one of those Samoan wrestlers, like Superfly Jimmy Snuka or Chief Maivia or Kamala. I think the Rock is some kind of legacy from that era.

He is the son of Rocky Johnson, maternal grandson of Peter Maivia. Backed up Warren Sapp at Miami/FL (although WWE likes to turn guys into starters and near-Heisman Trophy winners, facts be damned).

He is the son of Rocky Johnson, maternal grandson of Peter Maivia. Backed up Warren Sapp at Miami/FL (although WWE likes to turn guys into starters and near-Heisman Trophy winners, facts be damned).
I watched pro wrestling from the seventies through much of the nineties. And I had completely forgotten about Rocky Johnson. In the "Georgia Championship Wrestling" days on Ted Turner's mothership TBS he was a tag team partner with Butch Reed. I'll be damned!

DjRjforUcAMBHAa.jpg

Cobb was nailed for possession of a weed.....

Apparently Public Urination is frowned upon.....

Go figure.....

:cool:
Wait, Public Urination at Walmart is illegal? Seems better than going in a bathroom in one of those places. Still might take my chances.

Maybe it’s 2 isolated incidents; however, maybe the team focus just isn’t that sharp. If it’s the latter, it’ll be a 6-6 year.

Maybe it’s 2 isolated incidents; however, maybe the team focus just isn’t that sharp. If it’s the latter, it’ll be a 6-6 year.

What does ‘focus not that sharp’ mean? The only difference here is getting caught. If he had made it to the destination unscathed you would have not known and he has an all-B1G season you’d then be posting ‘how sharp his focus was’?

Gonna need a pretty big dog house for Tristin. face palm what was he thinking? I know I know he wasn't thinking. That's the problem. Doesn't he realize he's not playing for the fuskers?

What does ‘focus not that sharp’ mean? The only difference here is getting caught. If he had made it to the destination unscathed you would have not known and he has an all-B1G season you’d then be posting ‘how sharp his focus was’?

It has actually little to do with getting caught. If he was getting hammered, it can become a distraction, whether it be for him alone or one for the team. And if it’s only for him alone, it can result in him attaining a lower ceiling. College kids drink of course, but the expectations for him and any other collegiate athlete are different and the stakes are simply higher. Individuals will learn from their mistakes at different rates.

It has actually little to do with getting caught. If he was getting hammered, it can become a distraction, whether it be for him alone or one for the team. And if it’s only for him alone, it can result in him attaining a lower ceiling. College kids drink of course, but the expectations for him and any other collegiate athlete are different and the stakes are simply higher. Individuals will learn from their mistakes at different rates.

I think it’s total bull crap trying to infer some team incidents to performance. If you or anyone else can provide data on drinking to win/loss performance then I’ll reconsider. It’s common sense to say players over indulging on a regular basis can diminish individual and team performance. That’s not earth shattering. The fact is no one has the knowledge of the 24 x 7 habits of any of the players and can compare that against any other program. There were several off seasons where we had zero incidents and the performance on the field was pretty marginal. Should the thinking now be there must have been wide scale boozing going on? People love to run around like Nostradamus.

You just described about 95% of the division 1 football and men's basketball coaches and programs in this country.

If that's your idea of leadership issues, OK. But it's certainly not an Iowa thing only.

See East Lansing, Michigan, Louisville, Kentucky or State College just for starters.
It’s probably 100%.

But either way, 100% guaranteed kevie will use anything to bash KF and FM. He thinks they should change diapers and tuck them in at night.

It’s always been between the ears and there is no way you can objectively measure that. You cannot say “show me the data” and then follow up with “it’s common sense.” You’re an edgy poster, clearly looking for a Twitter-like fight. It’s clearly less about constructive dialogue with you so it’s not worth the effort.

I think it’s total bull crap trying to infer some team incidents to performance. If you or anyone else can provide data on drinking to win/loss performance then I’ll reconsider. It’s common sense to say players over indulging on a regular basis can diminish individual and team performance. That’s not earth shattering. The fact is no one has the knowledge of the 24 x 7 habits of any of the players and can compare that against any other program. There were several off seasons where we had zero incidents and the performance on the field was pretty marginal. Should the thinking now be there must have been wide scale boozing going on? People love to run around like Nostradamus.

It’s always been between the ears and there is no way you can objectively measure that. You cannot say “show me the data” and then follow up with “it’s common sense.” You’re an edgy poster, clearly looking for a Twitter-like fight. It’s clearly less about constructive dialogue with you so it’s not worth the effort.

I’m not looking for a fight ... I just noticed your comment speculating that this could be an indicator of a lack of focus and if so we could be in for a 6-6 type season. I pointed out we’ve also done 6-6 with no off the field incidents too.

This strikes a cord with me that we are so prompt to speculate on 19-23 year old college athletes knowing a grand total of 1-2 incidents from their daily 24 x 7 lives over months. Maybe it’s just human nature that we want to take one tidbit of information and then correlate it to a grander scale of outcomes. It’s the see I told you so effect.

I can flip it the other way.... if by chance we win 10+ games with Wirfs playing a key role then should our coaching staff start encouraging more of these incidents since it can now be tied to positive performance? That’s why this strikes a silliness cord with me.

Young man made a mistake and he will pay the penalty. Player and team will move forward.

Reiff never should have been suspended. He tried to do the right thing by calling an Uber, and the cops being cops "protected and served" by punishing him anyways. Wirfs will likely get one game even though an OWI is obviously much worse than public intox.

Depends on if he keeps his nose clean from here on out. Another screw up and he will see the bench the entire year. Drunk driving sounds to me like he will miss two games and the first half of the third game. Kirk don’t play.

If you re-read my original post, it states that it could be an isolated incident or it could mean more things below the surface. You need to also keep in mind that past seasons where the record was poor but we did not have any off field incidents - that we were aware of. Maybe there were truly no incidents but maybe there was more than we were made aware. There’s an important distinction between the two. Therefore, you cannot confidently state that there is no relationship between no [knowledge of] off field incidents and team performance, there are simply multiple independent variables that would need to evaluated. Consequently, I think you’re over appreciating my legitimate concern and taking it as much my 100% true belief that one episode means doom and gloom. At any rate, and as Rob Howe just wrote about with hours of my post, that it does create unnecessary distractions for the team, and that for sure, is truth. As a former alum and fan, it serves to everyone’s interests that they push beyond it.

I’m not looking for a fight ... I just noticed your comment speculating that this could be an indicator of a lack of focus and if so we could be in for a 6-6 type season. I pointed out we’ve also done 6-6 with no off the field incidents too.

This strikes a cord with me that we are so prompt to speculate on 19-23 year old college athletes knowing a grand total of 1-2 incidents from their daily 24 x 7 lives over months. Maybe it’s just human nature that we want to take one tidbit of information and then correlate it to a grander scale of outcomes. It’s the see I told you so effect.

I can flip it the other way.... if by chance we win 10+ games with Wirfs playing a key role then should our coaching staff start encouraging more of these incidents since it can now be tied to positive performance? That’s why this strikes a silliness cord with me.

Young man made a mistake and he will pay the penalty. Player and team will move forward.

Latest posts