Wirfs Arrested

Oh plz just stop about Reiff. At .2 plus you dont really do the right thing. You just do until you cant. Besides did he contact Uber ir did he just assume in his state.

He didn't drive home. He didn't even try and stumble home. He called someone to come pick him up. Get off your fucking high horse. I assume you think he just shouldn't have drank in the first place, right? Or should he have teleported home? Your self righteous bullshit gets real old.

So how did 19 year old Wirfs get his hands on alcohol in the bars he was at? Did he have a fake ID? Did a teamate(s) upper classmates (21 and older) by him alcohol? Did the bartenders know he was a football player and just turned the other way as they gave him alcohol? Seriously, how did a 19 year old get his booze in a public bar?

The week after someone gets suspended for being drunk in public, a starter thinks that it's a good idea to get drunk at 19 and drive. My guess is that Wirfs isn't very bright and will either get shamed straight from this or will join the Former Iowa Players Who Disappear Into The MAC club.

BTW, do they really still arrest people for marijuana? #DarkAges

DjRjforUcAMBHAa.jpg

Cobb was nailed for possession of a weed.....

Apparently Public Urination is frowned upon.....

Go figure.....

:cool:

Iowa BB and FB both have leadership issues...which start at the top...that's why they are low producing, muddling, excuse making, deflection producing...and whenever the issue is brought up (which is seldom)...then the leadership is deeply offended if such a question dare pass in front of their majestic persona. How dare you even think of asking such a thing???? Don't you know who I am? Yes...you are an average coach who is overpaid and over-adored...and pampered.

Some solid advice...not much good happens at 2 in the morning around areas of a city with bars and strip joints. (and police officers)

I always wondered why, in such situations, friends who were with him, fellow athletes, or students who knew he was an athletic, wouldn't offer him a ride home. Why wouldn't the bartenders call a cab, Dram Shop Laws, and all that.....

Of course, they were dealing with an intoxicated Hawkeye Football Player and might not desire to incur his wrath.....

dunno, man. depending on the circumstances, he was driving. that can cost people in real life their jobs. more than 1 game is warranted, in my opinion.

I'm a Hawkeye fan but more than a game is definitely warranted in this situation. It is possible that it was just a beer since it is .02 for under 21s, but still not a smart move by him and he needs to be taught an important life lesson.

He will be dismissed from the team, forced to scrape bubblegum off the undersides of every desk on campus, and be required to chip-seal Kirk's gravel lane leading to his house.

Seriously, will he get three games then be thrown to the wolves against Wisconsin?

Who's the next man up? This could be the beginning of a lost season for Wirfs. To do this on the heels of Reiff's incident?

I'm not going to be the moral police and say he shouldn't have been drinking underage. I was once a college student myself.

But there is ZERO excuse for driving drunk. Zero. There are a hundred better ways to get home if you need a ride. Your vehicle will be there in the morning.

Bottom line. These guys need to get into preseason practices yesterday and start concentrating on other things.

Even Dan Gable once had to ban downtown Iowa City for a while. There wrestlers were causing too much trouble, getting drunk, and even had a near altercation with Ed Horton and company in front the old FieldHouse nightclub one time.

I remember reading about that altercation. The mind boggles. Wonder who came out on top. If one chooses to fight a wrestler, he will usually find himself upside down on his back, Wild Bull of the Pampas Style.....

upload_2018-7-29_12-59-47.jpeg

Iowa BB and FB both have leadership issues...which start at the top...that's why they are low producing, muddling, excuse making, deflection producing...and whenever the issue is brought up (which is seldom)...then the leadership is deeply offended if such a question dare pass in front of their majestic persona. How dare you even think of asking such a thing???? Don't you know who I am? Yes...you are an average coach who is overpaid and over-adored...and pampered.

Some solid advice...not much good happens at 2 in the morning around areas of a city with bars and strip joints. (and police officers)
You just described about 95% of the division 1 football and men's basketball coaches and programs in this country.

If that's your idea of leadership issues, OK. But it's certainly not an Iowa thing only.

See East Lansing, Michigan, Louisville, Kentucky or State College just for starters.

So how did 19 year old Wirfs get his hands on alcohol in the bars he was at? Did he have a fake ID? Did a teamate(s) upper classmates (21 and older) by him alcohol? Did the bartenders know he was a football player and just turned the other way as they gave him alcohol? Seriously, how did a 19 year old get his booze in a public bar?

Is this sarcasm or a serious question? I'm honestly not sure. As a former 19 year old who frequented the bars in Iowa City it's REALLY easy to get served as a minor.

I remember reading about that altercation. The mind boggles. Wonder who came out on top. If one chooses to fight a wrestler, he will usually find himself upside down on his back, Wild Bull of the Pampas Style.....

View attachment 3850

The average wrestler gives up a lot of size to the average basketball player. If a basketball player is smart, he uses his long arms to hold off the wrestler.

If the wrestler takes the basketball player down to the ground, advantage wrestler.

By the way, isn't Dwayne Johnson the grandson of (above shown) Pampero Firpo? Or is it one of those Samoan wrestlers, like Superfly Jimmy Snuka or Chief Maivia or Kamala. I think the Rock is some kind of legacy from that era.

Is this sarcasm or a serious question? I'm honestly not sure. As a former 19 year old who frequented the bars in Iowa City it's REALLY easy to get served as a minor.

Not to mention he could have drank at home before he went to the bar. I highly doubt that was the case tho because like you said, it's easy to drink at a bar under age.

He didn't drive home. He didn't even try and stumble home. He called someone to come pick him up. Get off your fucking high horse. I assume you think he just shouldn't have drank in the first place, right? Or should he have teleported home? Your self righteous bullshit gets real old.

Get some help.

The average wrestler gives up a lot of size to the average basketball player. If a basketball player is smart, he uses his long arms to hold off the wrestler.

If the wrestler takes the basketball player down to the ground, advantage wrestler.

By the way, isn't Dwayne Johnson the grandson of (above shown) Pampero Firpo? Or is it one of those Samoan wrestlers, like Superfly Jimmy Snuka or Chief Maivia or Kamala. I think the Rock is some kind of legacy from that era.

Atomic loves The Wild Bull. When he first started on HN, praised the Wild Bull over and over. Didn't know that about Dwayne. Love the Rock. He has done very well. Supposed to have been in a fight with Vin Diesel on the set of a Fast and Furious movie.....

That would have been a good one to watch. Probably better than the McGregor-Mayweather slap fest.....

Atomic loves The Wild Bull. When he first started on HN, praised the Wild Bull over and over. Didn't know that about Dwayne. Love the Rock. He has done very well. Supposed to have been in a fight with Vin Diesel on the set of a Fast and Furious movie.....

That would have been a good one to watch. Probably better than the McGregor-Mayweather slap fest.....

It's a win-win when a retired athlete does well in his second career, even if I'm not a huge fan of over the top bombastic flicks (although I liked his latest Skyscraper)

It's better than hearing that some is bankrupt at 35 or owes millions in child support to kids they barely know they have or the other stories we hear.

It certainly wasn't hard for me to do in Ames at 19. And I sure as hell wasn't a football player.

Latest posts