Willies Gone?

I honestly thought I would calm down after some time to think about this, but I'm only getting madder. I hope this is just the beginning & a whole bunch of guys decide to walk. That would definitely get the big money's attention which would then quickly get Farta's attention. Only then will we get rid of the head fat cat...the fattest cat of them all.

02-04 & 09 were a lot of fun...I patiently sat through the other turds promising everyone we'd be back, but I'm done. Time to go, Kurt.

Yeah, but have you gotten a load of v-bergs down field blocking?!?! Man he can really put a fit on a cb 15 yds down field on the far hash.

:D

I think we agree that blocking on check downs is preferable to TDs.

I honestly thought I would calm down after some time to think about this, but I'm only getting madder. I hope this is just the beginning & a whole bunch of guys decide to walk. That would definitely get the big money's attention which would then quickly get Farta's attention. Only then will we get rid of the head fat cat...the fattest cat of them all.

02-04 & 09 were a lot of fun...I patiently sat through the other turds promising everyone we'd be back, but I'm done. Time to go, Kurt.

Agree

Football can't be played at this level with 22 Iowa born white guys.

No truer words have ever been spoken.

Hey, maybe it'll work if we throw in a walk-on white kid from South Dakota. Let's give him punt returns ahead of Jonathan Parker and some crucial passing looks ahead of Willies, Powell and Smith.

No. I just know people connected to the team...related to players...who verify that there are plenty of guys in the locker room who are every bit as tired of the offensive pathos as many of us are. I was told after the ISU game that Derrick was gone...he wasn't going to play for a coach that wouldn't throw the ball.

And there will be more.

We threw a crazy high 65% of the plays against Maryland. The problem is 80% of those were checkdowns. That's on the QB. If CJ were given the same plays it would have been much different.

Whatever the case, if he's not happy for what ever the reason it;s better for him to leave and better for the team to move on. I wish he was here but it's more important for him to be where he's happy. Good luck to him.

You don't just up and quit mid season.

Grades, or legal or maybe this...

Maybe KF recognizes things are getting bad...maybe Ferentz simply laid it on the line for his staff AND the players.

Opt IN or Opt OUT.

This is a reasonable thing for Ferentz to do at this point. The players and staff are hearing all the negativity. And a mature person will look at their options, look at where their passion is and decide to game up and OPT IN or decide for themself to OPT OUT and GTFO.

Why not? Think it is smart move in my mind. Think about it if your not contributing the way you think you can or believe you should be why would you risk injury playing for a program you don't no longer want to be a part of.

Whatever the case, if he's not happy for what ever the reason it;s better for him to leave and better for the team to move on. I wish he was here but it's more important for him to be where he's happy. Good luck to him.

You may be missing the salient point. What would be best is if he didn't transfer because we were using him to beat Power-houses like Iowa State and Maryland.

For all of you who trashed me for "wild unsubstantiated rumors" a few weeks ago....

Bite me.

If you did mention Willies I shouldn't have said anything. My point was more that every year someone can say players are leaving and they'll be right. Naming players adds credibility to predictions.

No. I just know people connected to the team...related to players...who verify that there are plenty of guys in the locker room who are every bit as tired of the offensive pathos as many of us are. I was told after the ISU game that Derrick was gone...he wasn't going to play for a coach that wouldn't throw the ball.

And there will be more.

Correction. We do pass the ball, just not to WRs until the 3rd quarter. Somewhere, Jake Rudock is dreaming of his next checkdown, and Kirk Ferentz is smiling knowing he has turned his quarterback into a safe, risk-averse player.

Originally posted by HawkPrdatr40
Why not? Think it is smart move in my mind. Think about it if your not contributing the way you think you can or believe you should be why would you risk injury playing for a program you don't no longer want to be a part of.

I agree. I also think it speaks to the severity of the situation and the level of frustration that, midway through the season, a player would just say, "F it, I'm out."

Originally posted by hwk23
We threw a crazy high 65% of the plays against Maryland. The problem is 80% of those were checkdowns. That's on the QB. If CJ were given the same plays it would have been much different.

Truth.

And, there are a large number of Iowa Hawkeye football players who are (insert unhappy adjective/phrase here) that C.J. Beathard is not the starting quarterback. That is 100% guaranteed fact.

I gotta listen to the podcast and find out what the heck is happening here.

What the heck is happening is that Iowa loses guys like Sokol and Willies so that we can give the glory to guys like Rudock and Vandeberg.

Clearly, you do not know what the phrase "a great program" means.

I assure you there are many coaches and ADs around the nation who
recognize this as a great program.

And you can't name most of them without looking it up... meaningless stat.

and if you can name them, better yet, if you actually know them, ask if they're interested in rebuilding Iowa back to being a great program.

Well at least you took the high road. I didnt realize you were talking about Willies. I have a guy on the inside telling me at least 1 more player is leaving at the end of the year.

My guy on the inside, who is as sharp as a marble btw, tells me all the seniors are leaving at the end of the year as well. I got no reason not to believe. :D

And, there are a large number of Iowa Hawkeye football players who are (insert unhappy adjective/phrase here) that C.J. Beathard is not the starting quarterback. That is 100% guaranteed fact.
And/or have come to the realization that CJB may never, barring injury to the starter, be the starting QB until his senior year.

Last edited:
I hope he doesn't leave, but if true this just doesn't make sense. Unless he's injured, and there is no chance of playing the rest of the year, making a decision to leave mid-season normally just doesn't happen. Most players are going to play out the year if there is any possibility at all of seeing the field. I still believe there is more to this story, which we may or may not learn about.

And there will be more.

Yeah, we have really been running it down the old throat lately.

Serious? We have attempted more passes this season than any Hawkeye fan should have to endure.

Latest posts