Willies Gone?

Wrong, this is on Willies if true. You commit to a university and a team. You don't walk out on your teammates and coaches mid-season. Unless there is a family matter here then this is a weak move on his part.

Kurt quit on this team long ago but through some glitch in the system, he keeps getting paid. Time to fix the glitch.

Kurt quit on this team long ago but through some glitch in the system, he keeps getting paid. Time to fix the glitch.

And just like in Office Space, I suspect that when the "glitch" is fixed, the whole operation will mysteriously burn to the ground.

This offense since greg davis is absolutely nothing like the offense prior to.

I have more respect for Willies for jumping off a sinking ship.

Why is everyone so sure he jumped off the ship? Maybe he was asked to walk plank?

The point is this kid knew what the offense was like when he signed on.

If he really is leaving I think it's not related to football.

False. He bought the lies just like CJB. We were all told that iowa wants d to spread things out and open up the offense. It is clear that is not the goal and he finally caught on.

Keep in mind that Willies had a major fight with Nico Law this summer, and that fight precipitated Nico Law's exodus from the Iowa program. Nico had friends on the team, and there's a chance that those friends did not make life easy for Willies these past few months. It might have been playing time that pushed Willies to leave, or it might have been team chemistry/culture.

I'll add more....if you sorta luke warm about things why bother with the class room ? That would be easy to let slide and pretty much before you know it the decision is made for you and its all good.

False. He bought the lies just like CJB. We were all told that iowa wants d to spread things out and open up the offense. It is clear that is not the goal and he finally caught on.

See Nic Shimonek as well.

GD's QB out of Texas he recruited.

Kind of weird, huh?

If the rumors/speculation are true about GDGD and his ****** offense not gonna be back as OC next year (crossing fingers); then I cannot believe that this is a football/playing time problem. It doesn't make sense that Willies would leave here (a place he wanted to be at), go sit out a year, only play two years in a new offense. As opposed to sticking around and haven't three solid years as the dude!

There are more details that will come out about this story. Just wait.

They can't wait. Virtually no one can be rational about this because they want to be first to speculate about rumors and say they were right....which they could be...or not. Let face it, this board is a Hawkeye guys version of TMZ.

Oh. hope you don't mind. I corrected the spelling of the word ******. Maybe it will get censored.

*it sure did.

You don't just up and quit mid season.

Grades, or legal or maybe this...

Maybe KF recognizes things are getting bad...maybe Ferentz simply laid it on the line for his staff AND the players.

Opt IN or Opt OUT.

This is a reasonable thing for Ferentz to do at this point. The players and staff are hearing all the negativity. And a mature person will look at their options, look at where their passion is and decide to game up and OPT IN or decide for themself to OPT OUT and GTFO.

See Nic Shimonek as well.

GD's QB out of Texas he recruited.

Kind of weird, huh?

Can we just give Kirkliter and Son the money so they will just leave and let us start over? Please?

It has to stop.

He can't recruit. He can't manage personalities. He can't coach on gameday. He can't manage clock.

Football can't be played at this level with 22 Iowa born white guys. I quit. John Lickliter is obviously a bad OL coach, too.

The guy is now just stealing $4 million a year. Any of us could hire coordinators and put out the same product.

You don't just up and quit mid season.

This.......

I don't understand those congratulating the kid on quitting. If he leaves after the season I get that. Quitting during the season for anything other than personal tragedy, or the staff putting him in harms way by playing him injured, is just flat out being a quitter.

I heard there is some pretty compelling talent in Decorah and Eagle Grove we need to make scholarship room for.
They already mined all of the talent out of those 2 places. They've got their eyes set of some other studs. You'll see. The next guys are going to be huge.

Latest posts