Will We Have Football in the Fall?

Will we have a football season this fall?

• Season Cancelled

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Games played with no fans

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Games played with some fans

Votes: 29 41.4%
  • Games played as normal

Votes: 12 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol but it was completely fine for Huck to say what he said. I'm pretty sure I've posted exactly 2 things since you shut that thread down and you made a huge deal out of both, all while letting everything else go. The reason so many people are having a hard time understanding your rules is because you are saying you don't want people to discuss it and what you mean is you don't want people to say things you disagree with. You make that perfectly clear when you let Huck say what he did and go off on me for what I said.
Nothing you said was political.

There are scientific medical studies that are in the public arena by Stanford University, Oxford University, Rochester University, and Sweden that demonstrate what you said. Those aren’t the only ones.

When we have health problems we are encouraged to get a second opinion. The above institutions of higher learning, the most prestigious institutions at that, have given a second opinion about a national health problem.

Nothing political about that.

I have a very close friend who has spent decades as a counselor and is one of the best people I know. Here is a question he often asks:

“Do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy?”

I don’t believe in false binary choices

;) :)

Seriously, that’s a good question to ask — especially if you’re married.

98.8% of my self worth and self esteem is derived from pointing out times when I was right and others were wrong. So if I'm wrong, my self-esteem plummets.

My self esteem comes from taking credit for my success and my failures. It’s called internal locus of control orientation. Mine is internal, not external. (Yeah, I think you were kidding. If so, good shot!). If not I will give you the name of my friend!

I dont believe talking about mental health relates to football in this thread. Then again, Hayden was a master at getting the best out of player being a pysch major.

Nothing you said was political.

There are scientific medical studies that are in the public arena by Stanford University, Oxford University, Rochester University, and Sweden that demonstrate what you said. Those aren’t the only ones.

When we have health problems we are encouraged to get a second opinion. The above institutions of higher learning, the most prestigious institutions at that, have given a second opinion about a national health problem.

Nothing political about that.

Completely and totally wrong, bud. Any "science" that does not confirm my pre-existing biases is not science, it is partisan political propaganda.

So ISU is targeting 50% capacity. If Kinnick did same, assume they stagger folks so no one sitting directly behind you (two rows back yes, but not row immediately behind you). And would they install cheap clear barriers (maybe head height sitting down where still could see field) between you and persons to left or right? Assume they do seating in 2s or 4s with a one seat gap if a cheap barrier installed.

Assume it would be a bring your own food and drink in and keep concessions closed maybe.

I gave up talking politics here and elsewhere a few weeks ago and I feel so much more at peace. I'm still tempted to do so but I've withstood it.
I usually only respond to political posts so seeing no/minimal posts about it has greatly reduced my urge to do it, especially with you yahoos!

What will the U do about tailgating if the gathering restrictions are still in place? You saw the Lake of the Ozarks and you know that 3 times the amount of Kinnicks capacity tailgate. I wonder what will happen with that.

Say what you will about Pollard and Iowa State, they at least know how to take care of their loyal season ticket holders. The are doing exactly what UI should have done: if season ticket holders don't feel comfortable buying season tickets for the 2020 season, they will have first dibs to purchase the same seats they've had in past years in 2021. Absolutely no reason UI couldn't have done the same thing.

Say what you will about Pollard and Iowa State, they at least know how to take care of their loyal season ticket holders. The are doing exactly what UI should have done: if season ticket holders don't feel comfortable buying season tickets for the 2020 season, they will have first dibs to purchase the same seats they've had in past years in 2021. Absolutely no reason UI couldn't have done the same thing.

Who is to say they won't? I am sure anyone who has already paid the money will be given a chance at a refund or apply the funds to next year for the same seats. If it were me, I would get the tickets for resale, because if games don't end up getting played you would still get refund or able to apply to next year.

What will the U do about tailgating if the gathering restrictions are still in place? You saw the Lake of the Ozarks and you know that 3 times the amount of Kinnicks capacity tailgate. I wonder what will happen with that.

We are talking Iowa City / University Heights. You have any questions on level of patrol they might have? As well as hired officers for the events. What is less controllable would be those on private property.

Indiana planning hybrid with in-person instruction being suspended on Nov. 20 and not reconvening until Feb. 8:

The 2020-21 Academic Year
Throughout this planning, the health and safety of our community have been and will continue to be our top priority as I noted, and that requires some important changes for the year ahead:

1. Academic calendar: The 2020-21 academic year will run from Aug. 24 to May 9 as originally planned but will now be in three parts:

1. The Fall Semester, which will run from Aug. 24 through Dec. 20. Classes may be in-person or online until Thanksgiving week (Nov. 20), when all in-person instruction will end. The rest of the semester will be online only. There will be no Fall break.
  2. Campuses will have the flexibility to use the online-only period (Nov. 30 to Feb. 8 – a new Winter Session) in various ways: to finish fall semester courses, to begin spring semester courses, or to create new intensive courses that use either or both the December and January online periods.
  3. The Spring Semester will begin with online only instruction on Jan. 19 and then resume in-person instruction on Feb. 8. The semester will run to May 9 without a Spring break.
  4. Undergraduate students who take advantage of IU’s banded tuition rates can include courses from the Fall Semester, Winter Session or Spring Semester as part of the new calendar without any additional cost.
Details for each campus’s course schedule will be updated at fall2020.iu.edu. I am grateful to the University Faculty Council for endorsing these major changes to our academic calendar for 2020-21 in support of our important instructional and safety requirements.

2. Residential housing: All rooms in all of IU’s residence halls will be single occupancy, but with a rigorous exemption process available for students who may wish to choose their own roommate.

So if they end up only letting in 50% or whatever fraction of the stadium full of people how will they go about selling them? The rich folks will get first dibs and capitalism will prevail is my first assumption. Or might they go by who's had tickets the longest? I know couple that's had their seats since the 60s But they aren't rich/huge boosters. Just long time loyal. Be sad that they can't get in...

Iowa and ISU season ticket holders couldn't be more different. There's a lot of really huge, really old money in Iowa City and the ones who really count are gonna pay for the seats to hold them. The tickets are also way more in-demand than for some podunk football program in Webster City or wherever the F ISU is located.

In other words, ISU did what they did because they had to to keep a fanbase. Iowa is doing what it's doing because it can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts