Wiescamp staying or leaving?

View attachment 7731

That's a classic MTV vid. (when MTV was still playing music) It's packed with hidden gems.

The kid 3rd from the right who played Michael Anthony went on to play toadie Grover Dill in "Christmas Story"

Also in one scene the hot bikini clad teacher is in front the blackboard with the numbers 20-9-8-19-25-12-15-8 on it. That was an Eddie Van Halen joke. If you rearrange the numbers and assign letters to them....it spells out "HOLY SH*T"
Eddie was always playing around with numbers, especially with album titles. 1984 and OU812 are self explanatory. 5150 is police code for "escaped lunatic"!

I didn't get the connection to For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge when it first came out. But then I never got the connection to Dennis DeYoung's alter ego Robert Orin Charles Kilroy when Styx did a sci fi spoof on a dystopia world where rock music is banned. It wasn't until years later that I made the connection with the initials.

Last edited:
We show our age with this.. because college basketball is actually not watched much by the younger generations.

They watch the nba.
Truth. I hate the NBA, would much rather watch college, any college. 40-year-old son only watches overpaid men in shorts running up and down the floor.

Fran are you watching the Baylor v Villanova game? Defense can in fact win you an important game. Please take notes. Will you commit to playing some defense at least 1 year in 12? Asking for a friend.

Yours Truly,
SeePig

Fran are you watching the Baylor v Villanova game? Defense can in fact win you an important game. Please take notes. Will you commit to playing some defense at least 1 year in 12? Asking for a friend.

Yours Truly,
SeePig
Ha yes. Hawks will never see a Sweet 16 under Fran unless something changes.

Truth. I hate the NBA, would much rather watch college, any college. 40-year-old son only watches overpaid men in shorts running up and down the floor.

If you watch college...it's odd that you can't find a team in the NBA that suits the style of play you like. I'm not a fan of, say, the style of play of the Houston Rockets teams of recent years...Harden dribbling for 18-20 seconds every possession...only two man isolation game plays over and over. That's not basketball as you are purposely putting three players on one side of the court a large percentage with nothing to do but watch.

However, if you watch the great teams of the Golden State Warriors...well...that's some high level basketball. They moved the ball, ran motion, and played really unselfish basketball. It seriously was like poetry in motion watching Curry, Durant, Green, Thompson play together. Three are great scorers, but they played unselfishly...always making the right play when a guy was open. That's good basketball.

There are some fun teams to watch in the NBA if you like basketball. Interestingly enough...Harden has taken on a true point guard role with Brooklyn...it's not the same guy. That team has some serious talent...and it will be interesting to see if they can put it together to beat a team like the Lakers or other good teams.

It also released some key dates for the run-up to draft night itself:

• May 30, 2021: Early entry application deadline (10:59 p.m. CT)
  • June 21 - June 27, 2021: NBA Draft Combine, which ESPN will broadcast. The telecast will include footage of five-on-five games and strength and agility testing.
  • June 22, 2021: NBA Draft Lottery (7:30 p.m. CT), which ESPN will broadcast.
  • July 19, 2021: Withdrawal deadline (4 p.m. CT)
  • July 29: NBA Draft (7 p.m. CT), which ESPN will broadcast.

1617069749862.png

Forget the transfer portal, let's hit the time portal! Bound to be some shooters in this group. Number 3 could be a baller and 1 has some height potential.

Rocket Watts in the transfer portal! Go for it, Fran.
Probably with strong encouragement from Izzo.

I once saw Purdue have a similar season in the late eighties, early nineties. Undisciplined, inconsistent, failing to execute in close games, everything that would drive a coach like Gene Keady crazy.

Well Gene bounced four of them. Went into next season with ten scholarship players (one of whom was Matt Painter) Naturally they contended for a conference title the next season.

I sure hope Fran is hitting the transfer market hard. We could use an experienced big guy and a good shooter.

The charm of the pro game was lost when they took the physicality out of it and more recently by supporting China and promoting systematic racism against groups that aren't Black.
Political discussion or commentary is not allowed here. Although I'm pretty sure you knew that.

Here's the forum for this garbage, and here are the rules if you need a reminder. Next time's a ban.

For everyone else, if you see this crap do not feed the trolls. Use the report function.

@Bigtenchamp @kicker22 You guys are long-time active posters with a lot of quality participation on the board. Don't let the social/political trolls bait you in the sports forums. Let me know when you see it and if you want to continue we can start a thread in OT where it's allowed. Not here, guys.

Weisy needs to declare sooner rather than later. The longer he waits the harder it is going to be to replace him. Make a decision.

Latest posts