Wiescamp staying or leaving?

I'll be shocked if he doesn't come back. lol

I don't see him being a NBA first round pick and, IMO, that's the only scenario he should leave.
Rob and Chad L said they would be shocked, which is what I'm basing my opinion on. Other than that, I have no idea.

Rob and Chad L said they would be shocked, which is what I'm basing my opinion on. Other than that, I have no idea.
A lot of the hawkeye reporters have the mindset that as soon as you have a chance to make money, it's dumb to not take it. Every reporter that I've seen comment on it say they have no inside info. If that's true, they are just going off of what their own personal decisions would be in that situation. Truth is, a lot of players under Fran have gone on to make money playing basketball but only one thought it was worth leaving early to do it. You also have to remember that Wieskamp stayed with the most horrible supporting cast ever in high school out of loyalty and committed to Iowa right away without even listening to other offers. He's a loyal guy who loves the Hawks. It will be tough to leave just to do what Cook is doing right now.

A lot of the hawkeye reporters have the mindset that as soon as you have a chance to make money, it's dumb to not take it. Every reporter that I've seen comment on it say they have no inside info. If that's true, they are just going off of what their own personal decisions would be in that situation. Truth is, a lot of players under Fran have gone on to make money playing basketball but only one thought it was worth leaving early to do it. You also have to remember that Wieskamp stayed with the most horrible supporting cast ever in high school out of loyalty and committed to Iowa right away without even listening to other offers. He's a loyal guy who loves the Hawks. It will be tough to leave just to do what Cook is doing right now.
For the most part, I'll agree with that about his high school team. More than a few times I saw his HS teammates try to catch a pass from him against their chest. Ugh.

But in the end, his HS team made the state tournament his senior year so the supporting cast wasn't completely terrible.

For the most part, I'll agree with that about his high school team. More than a few times I saw his HS teammates try to catch a pass from him against their chest. Ugh.

But in the end, his HS team made the state tournament his senior year so the supporting cast wasn't completely terrible.
I think them making it to state said a lot more about him than it did them.

He has no business leaving unless he wants Europe. Needs to Doyle up...BAD. Agility and footspeed. Can already shoot the rock. May want to look into defense.

I think them making it to state said a lot more about him than it did them.
Oh hell yes. I watched a lot of Joe's high school senior season. He was double and triple teamed every game and still carried the load. There were times when a couple of his teammates were not guarded during games .

I think last half of the season we finally saw him start to inflict his will on the game consistently. Then the stupid injury. But at the same time he gets almost embarrassed by another more athletic defender often enough that makes me wonder what a NBA guy will do to him at this stage of his game. Is he better than Uthoff who can't hook up with a team? As hard a gig as the NBA is to crack, I'm thinking anything less than 1st Team all conference, your odds aren't very good. Great BB players are a dime a dozen.

I think he comes back and will have an awesome senior year. He isn't running out on McKenzie unless he has a sure thing going and I'm just not seeing that (as yet). They are both Hawkeyes to the core.

Some kids just want the professional clock to start ... see Tyler Cook. You get professional coaching and see if you can improve and make the league. It doesn't work for everyone.

As far as a comp, I would say Joe Harris (Virginia, now Brooklyn Nets). 6ft 6 SG/SF. Mostly a 3 point shooter.

Some kids just want the professional clock to start ... see Tyler Cook. You get professional coaching and see if you can improve and make the league. It doesn't work for everyone.

As far as a comp, I would say Joe Harris (Virginia, now Brooklyn Nets). 6ft 6 SG/SF. Mostly a 3 point shooter.
Yeah I think that's a huge part of it. An athletes window is small. So be it G league, NBA, Europe or where ever some guys just want to start cashing checks once they know they can. Who can blame a guy for that? His fiancee I believe graduated last yr so that would have to lean him towards leaving I would think too. He's a smart guy and could always still get his degree if he'd like. I bet once he's thought it over and decides that he'll go pro. Just a hunch

Yeah I think that's a huge part of it. An athletes window is small. So be it G league, NBA, Europe or where ever some guys just want to start cashing checks once they know they can. Who can blame a guy for that? His fiancee I believe graduated last yr so that would have to lean him towards leaving I would think too. He's a smart guy and could always still get his degree if he'd like. I bet once he's thought it over and decides that he'll go pro. Just a hunch
It's been talked about on this thread that his fiancé is still at Iowa in dental school.

alot? like All i can think of is Tyler Cook....

I mean Joe might go... but its just classic "word of mouth" syndrome... some random announcer says something then some reporter repeats it.... 3 people repeat it and now its a fact...

lol

Latest posts