Wiescamp staying or leaving?

Bigtenchamp

Anyone actually have any real evidence one way or the other? Because I literally can find nothing anywhere that gives any insight - outside of just speculation.

They asked him after the game and he said it's something he would address later. To me that either means he hasn't decided yet or he's leaving and didn't want to say it. That's all I've got.

They asked him after the game and he said it's something he would address later. To me that either means he hasn't decided yet or he's leaving and didn't want to say it. That's all I've got.
yeah i heard him say that also... but really didn't tell me anything.

We know he will do his research and see what his market is.

I don't see him hiring an agent. He could decide to go to another team with a chance to win something or try the pros. I think the injury was a huge setback for him. I think if he had put on a show in the Big tourney or the NCAA he would be gone, now I think he might be sticking around. I personally think he has peaked and coming back won't make him any better, if he comes back it's to showcase his game out from under Garza's shadow.

I don't see him hiring an agent. He could decide to go to another team with a chance to win something or try the pros. I think the injury was a huge setback for him. I think if he had put on a show in the Big tourney or the NCAA he would be gone, now I think he might be sticking around. I personally think he has peaked and coming back won't make him any better, if he comes back it's to showcase his game out from under Garza's shadow.
I do not think he has peaked, in fact, pre-injury I think he was trending up. I do agree with your last sentence, however, in that next year is an opportunity for Joe to really shine. Perhaps this is just wishful thinking.

Speculating here, I think he tests the NBA waters again and winds up coming back. He is not a 1st round pick, if he leaves after this year he probably winds up in the D league or overseas. If by some chance he goes to these NBA camps and he projects to be a 1st round pick, even towards the bottom, then he's gone and he should go.

I do not think he has peaked, in fact, pre-injury I think he was trending up. I do agree with your last sentence, however, in that next year is an opportunity for Joe to really shine. Perhaps this is just wishful thinking.

Yep. Adam Haluska's senior season comes to mind, or Peter Jok's senior season. Joe would be the main man on offense next year and score 20+ PPG, IMO.

He could decide to go to another team with a chance to win something or try the pros.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him test the transfer market. Maybe somewhere like Gonzaga that has a high profile and will have solid players next year where he won't have to play Thug Ball against teams like Wisconsin, Michigan State and Illinois all year and where he has a coach who knows about getting guys ready for the pros.

So I wonder if he graduates this spring? Seems like I remember somewhere that a college education was a goal for college Athletes? Comes in handy if the jump shot goes South

Your last point is relevant, can Joe carry a younger team? That is a big question, can he put up 18 ppg avgs with 7 rebounds avg per game.

And I really think he needs to show he can get a more explosive first step, get his upper body past his defenders upper body, and take the ball with really good handles to the rim.

He has a very sweet stroke when he is going but his dribble drive I think is lacking at the top college level.

Tyler Herro and Duncan Robinson are the comps. His ability to shoot the 3 and make the 3 is how he makes the league and how he stays in the league. Don’t know if that stroke gets any better at the collegiate level.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him test the transfer market. Maybe somewhere like Gonzaga that has a high profile and will have solid players next year where he won't have to play Thug Ball against teams like Wisconsin, Michigan State and Illinois all year and where he has a coach who knows about getting guys ready for the pros.
LOL. I got a chuckle out of this. Thanks.

Your last point is relevant, can Joe carry a younger team? That is a big question, can he put up 18 ppg avgs with 7 rebounds avg per game.

And I really think he needs to show he can get a more explosive first step, get his upper body past his defenders upper body, and take the ball with really good handles to the rim.

He has a very sweet stroke when he is going but his dribble drive I think is lacking at the top college level.
Yeah his overall handle and being able to create off the dribble for himself and others isn't at the college level. He sure isn't pro level ready with that. But does that matter? If he goes pro and an NBA team takes him it wouldn't be with any expectations to start right away (or at all necessarily) but to just fill a role as a sniper/poor mans Kyle Korver kinda. Is he good enough to do that? And is that what he wants to do? Maybe time will tell.

He's there to stretch the defense and play just like Duncan Robinson does now...shoot the rock from deep at a high percentage. I think that is a really good comparison. I honestly think Weiskamp may be better at the drive game than Robinson was in college...but Robinson has gotten better everywhere. They are comparable athletes too.