Wiescamp staying or leaving?

Some kids just want the professional clock to start ... see Tyler Cook. You get professional coaching and see if you can improve and make the league. It doesn't work for everyone.

As far as a comp, I would say Joe Harris (Virginia, now Brooklyn Nets). 6ft 6 SG/SF. Mostly a 3 point shooter.
yeah.. harris comes from a program where they were taught to play defense however... so he doesn't get abused completely on defense.

Fair comparison though... harris as i remember was a bit more beefy than joe.. but that can always change.

alot? like All i can think of is Tyler Cook....

I mean Joe might go... but its just classic "word of mouth" syndrome... some random announcer says something then some reporter repeats it.... 3 people repeat it and now its a fact...

lol
Looks like you misread my post.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him test the transfer market. Maybe somewhere like Gonzaga that has a high profile and will have solid players next year where he won't have to play Thug Ball against teams like Wisconsin, Michigan State and Illinois all year and where he has a coach who knows about getting guys ready for the pros.
JW's fiance' is still in Iowa City attending school for the next few years...he definitely isn't heading out west to play ball...unless, she's a heavy nagger and he wants to get away from her presence.

Jump on in, man.

It wouldn't take much to fix his teeth, especially when he's got the $$ to get it done right.

But, in his defense (yeah, imagine that...me defending GB) if he goes too extreme(too white for example) and has a crappy dentist the new grill would almost look worse (as in too fake).

Last edited:
As long as I got to see him wear braces and headgear for a year and a half I'd probably pay for it myself.

LOL, that would be priceless. Fran and KFz could attach a leash and lead him around by it (completing the vision we all have in our head).

I think he's a little old for conventional ortho. Either clear aligner therapy (like Invisalign) or a crown and bridge redo. Probably some combination of the two. His maxilla isn't too bad, some cosmetics could sweeten that up pretty easily. That's a one or two visit deal with the right Dentist. The mandibular would require some ortho and a little more time. That picket fence is pretty beat up.

Ethically I shouldn't be discussing a specific patient publicly without consent...but this is all hypothetical with a public figure. So...

Last edited:
If he graduates this Spring. and have an opportunity to go make money in Spain or Greece or Australia, why wouldnt you?

Because his fiance is still in Iowa City...

Maybe, but this is 2021 and there are so many platforms to stay connected. I do not know what Weisy major is, but is it worth going to grad school and blowing out a knee when you can make some cash and pay for your fiances school? This is his best chance to make money playing ball, I know the NBA does not play defense, but Weisy isnt that dynamic a player to overcome those glaring deficiencies.

Maybe, but this is 2021 and there are so many platforms to stay connected. I do not know what Weisy major is, but is it worth going to grad school and blowing out a knee when you can make some cash and pay for your fiances school? This is his best chance to make money playing ball, I know the NBA does not play defense, but Weisy isnt that dynamic a player to overcome those glaring deficiencies.

it is a myth that they don't play defense in the NBA. I used to go to some G league games a few years ago and the defense and athleticism was well beyond college.

The reason people have the misconception they don't play defense in the nba is because the guys in the NBA on many nights are impossible to stop.

The NBA is just like all other sports - the championship teams play defense - the average to bad ones struggle with it.

I have trouble seeing joe being an NBA prospect - he has the size and shot, but he lacks speed - but you never know.

Are you hot for teacher?
vanhalenkids.jpg

That's a classic MTV vid. (when MTV was still playing music) It's packed with hidden gems.

The kid 3rd from the right who played Michael Anthony went on to play toadie Grover Dill in "Christmas Story"

Also in one scene the hot bikini clad teacher is in front the blackboard with the numbers 20-9-8-19-25-12-15-8 on it. That was an Eddie Van Halen joke. If you rearrange the numbers and assign letters to them....it spells out "HOLY SH*T"

Last edited:
Ah yes the good ole casual comment that the NBA doesnt play defense. I bet i can count on one hand how many NBA games you have watched in the last year. If you cant play defense in the NBA you play in Europe plain and simple.

Latest posts