Why the Iowa game means more to ISU fans...and will stay that way

This is annoying to me. For the same reason that he loses to teams like CMU, NIU, WMU, and then UM, IU, NU over the years. My guess is there are about 15 games over his time that he "should" have won, but lost. I don't think there are a like number of games that he "should" have lost, but won.

Oh shut up and be quite. Ferentz is the best lowly little ol Iowa can hope for. Just sit back an put up with rousing pillow fights wth the likes of NIU,CMU,WMU,ISU....Uh,who am I missing?? And constant drubbings from OSU and MU for the rest of this decade.

I think ISU fans consider Iowa more of a rivalry because ISU occasionally wins against Iowa. Unlike their lopsided rivalrys with most of the B12.

I think ISU fans consider Iowa more of a rivalry because ISU occasionally wins against Iowa. Unlike their lopsided rivalrys with most of the B12.

They've beaten us more often than not lately and it's an in state school. It's a rivalry.

Problem for them is they really only have 1 rivalry game. It's Iowa. We have Minnesota too.

Any clown fan who is on this board and, more specifically, posted in this topic has proven Miller's point. Why would you be on the message board of another team if you weren't utterly obsessed with the team and their fanbase?

It's a rivalry game for both schools. It's a cross-state game.

But in summary IOWA > iowa state Iowa City > ames... in many more ways than just the football program. Too many to list here.

So... it will always carry that Big Brother-Little Brother vibe...no matter the records of the teams.

^^ Apparently these guys have never read CF. The season predictions was full of talking down about teams that have achieved more than ISU. My god one top 5 upset and they still talk about it like it was yesterday.

Upset = national power?

OK4P,

I agree that Iowa is a bad hire away from being a consistent sub .500 team. I e been saying that for a long time.

I also respect CPR.

That said, if CPR's max is 6-6, which I think it is on the average over a decade. The B12 TV deal is great for them and Pollard is a great leader. But the B12 TV contract is also great for the other 9 B12 schools and ISU is starting out from a bottom two position. History would say they are10 of 10.

So while their facilities trajectory is up as is their financial footing, their conference peers are also getting the same funds and nearly all of them have more built in advantages than ISU and probably always will.

OK4P,

I agree that Iowa is a bad hire away from being a consistent sub .500 team. I e been saying that for a long time.

I also respect CPR.

That said, if CPR's max is 6-6, which I think it is on the average over a decade. The B12 TV deal is great for them and Pollard is a great leader. But the B12 TV contract is also great for the other 9 B12 schools and ISU is starting out from a bottom two position. History would say they are10 of 10.

So while their facilities trajectory is up as is their financial footing, their conference peers are also getting the same funds and nearly all of them have more built in advantages than ISU and probably always will.

There's also no evidence of them actually improving compared to other B12 teams, which is why this game is so important to ISU. They use Iowa as their measuring stick and to their ******* fan base that means they are improving even if they are really just stagnating while Iowa is declining.

It's always been a rivalry.. Always will be. The two major in-state schools has to be a rivalry IMO.

Although I think a good rivalry should be competetive (OSU/Michigan, FSU/Miami, etc.), I personally believe the 15 straight that Hayden laid on the Clones fueled things on their side.. I remember hearing "this is the year!" every year, and then Iowa would beat them by 30. My god, the crap I had to endure from Clone fans from 1998-2002.

Now that they are beating us more often, that is fueling the Hawkeye side of things IMO. Or it SHOULD be, anyway. It sucks losing to your rival, especially when you do it regularly.

Any clown fan who is on this board and, more specifically, posted in this topic has proven Miller's point. Why would you be on the message board of another team if you weren't utterly obsessed with the team and their fanbase?

There are quite a few hawks that post over there. So goes both ways?

Did you miss this years draft?

How many players from each school actually made an NFL roster? I know Hyde and Tobin did for Iowa. Don't know if thats the complete list. Klein and Knott appeared to make rosters, Bykowski a practice squad.

Latest posts