Why the Iowa game means more to ISU fans...and will stay that way

Well in terms of just this year this game could be the difference between Iowa going to a bowl game and not. I don't think ISU has any shot of a bowl game if they lose and prolly not if they win either.

Well in terms of just this year this game could be the difference between Iowa going to a bowl game and not. I don't think ISU has any shot of a bowl game if they lose and prolly not if they win either.

I don't know, the B12 is even worse this year than it was last years. Could very well be two years in a row without a single team ranked in the top 10.

Pre-Iowa game, I think the Clones have a 5% chance of making a bowl game. Beat Iowa and that jumps to about 11.5%

I don't know about Iowa, but here's a feel good story for all to enjoy:

Trio Of Undrafted Rookies Earn Their Way

That's a nice little write-up. I didn't realize Tobin was on the Eagles roster. Good for him. Also, even though he's a Clone I hope Knott can stay healthy. He's a good kid with a high motor and he deserves it. It's just tough for an NFL linebacker to stay healthy when there's a strong history of shoulder injuries. I don't know what his was specifically though.

I've been saying it for years.....

Cyclowns and Iowa = Cubs and Cardinals

There are a dozen similiarities....take your pick.

I really have never enjoyed the Hawk-Clone bantering. Hawks are my team and always will be, but I pull for Clones when not playing Hawks. I watched Clones played in four bowl games before I ever saw Iowa play in one. (Back when bowl games meant something) I've mentioned this a few times, but in 1986 Iowa-ISU both played in NCAA basketball tourney in the Metro Dome. Almost all Hawk fans pulled for Clones. Probably just over half Clone fans pulled for Hawks. Both percentages would be down now because of internet.
With that said, the game will always mean more to Clones. Both teams have their share of knuckleheads, but the Clone khuckleheads fans have a inferiority complex to go along with being a knucklehead.

Losers. Both of you. If you honestly think our athletes aren't emotionally ready to play you are idiots. Flat out delusional idiots. These young men work their ***** off all year to play football. They are jacked up and ready to play all 12 games. Go tell James Morris he's not emotionally ready to play.

And to answer your first question Hawkfnntn.....they are fired up each game. Just because we may lose some games that you didn't think we should lose doesn't mean they weren't fired up.

Wow name calling to try and get your point across always works on the internet... So in every upset that there has ever been it was because of coaching/exection that the underdog wins? I wouldn't say that is never the case. The word never in sports is hard to throw around. But if you think Iowa or any other team that has had ups and downs with their record doesn't have trouble emotionally getting fired up for games doesn't happen your just not being very realistic. Late in the season last year during the losing streak you think they were as fired up and ready to play as they were early in the year when all their goals were still attainable? I for one don't think Vandenberg looked all that fired up late in the year. He was one frustrated fella. And he played that way due to a ton of reasons we've hashed out on other threads too.

Well when you back it up year after year in bowl games, you deserve it.

The SEC top team plays in the national championship game (typically). That could be against anybody. Congrats to them for winning them all recently.

After that, they play a bunch of B10 teams. You don't think that helps the SEC's overall bowl record?

The SEC top team plays in the national championship game (typically). That could be against anybody. Congrats to them for winning them all recently.

After that, they play a bunch of B10 teams. You don't think that helps the SEC's overall bowl record?

Please, no one has an easier bowl slate than the B12. The B12 has one tough non-BCS matchup and the rest of their bowl tie ins are garbage.

But I really can't take anything you say seriously after you spent weeks over here telling us how ISU had all those momentum and was much better off than they were a decade ago, only to see them get their *** kicked in week one by a 5-6 FCS team.

Please, no one has an easier bowl slate than the B12. The B12 has one tough non-BCS matchup and the rest of their bowl tie ins are garbage.

But I really can't take anything you say seriously after you spent weeks over here telling us how ISU had all those momentum and was much better off than they were a decade ago, only to see them get their *** kicked in week one by a 5-6 FCS team.

Nowhere in my post did I even reference ISU or the B12. You didn't answer my question...

It's a yes or no answer. What is it? Yes or no?

Latest posts