Why does every analyst hate Iowa? You know why

And Hawk fans were making an observation that if you looked at resumes a couple weeks ago the #9 ranking wasn't justified. Hard to argue with that, as the committee corrected their mistake the following week.

Yes sir, and as one of my posts stated the committee has now corrected it. So why are we still complaining that others have opinions? Some people are simply stating their opinions and that is great, but others, a lot, are complaining that the media isn't allowed to their opinion. THERE IS AN ANTI-IOWA BIAS. You are darn right there is. That was the point of my thread. At first there was a general, "eh, its Iowa, we don't respect them, they will go away soon enough, not worth our time, etc." Now they have that (somewhat disproven now) and a hate for Iowa (the hate might be all they really have left). That is the actual thought process behind some. I disagree with most of the media and think we deserve to be in the conversation. And we are. So why are we fighting the "media (again some of us)?" The committee is all that matters and they don't even matter in the end because they HAVE to take an undefeated big ten champion even if it was Purdue. Seriously. Even if that undefeated big ten champion was Purdue and I was the qb....yikes.

Of course everyone has a bias. The problem isn't the Iowa bias, they don't control the system, they are just reacting to the system. The problem is the bias for name brand teams. There will never, ever, ever be a 1 loss Iowa, UNC, Utah, TCU, Baylor than make the playoffs over a 1 loss OSU, ND, Texas, USC, Michigan. It won't happen, the committee can just say "eye ball test" which really means the "money bags test" and boom they are in.

I 100% agree.

Yes sir, and as one of my posts stated the committee has now corrected it. So why are we still complaining that others have opinions? Some people are simply stating their opinions and that is great, but others, a lot, are complaining that the media isn't allowed to their opinion. THERE IS AN ANTI-IOWA BIAS. You are darn right there is. That was the point of my thread. At first there was a general, "eh, its Iowa, we don't respect them, they will go away soon enough, not worth our time, etc." Now they have that (somewhat disproven now) and a hate for Iowa (the hate might be all they really have left). That is the actual thought process behind some. I disagree with most of the media and think we deserve to be in the conversation. And we are. So why are we fighting the "media (again some of us)?" The committee is all that matters and they don't even matter in the end because they HAVE to take an undefeated big ten champion even if it was Purdue. Seriously. Even if that undefeated big ten champion was Purdue and I was the qb....yikes.

I haven't been complaining about it......I also haven't been complaining about the complainers.

I am coming close to complaining about the complainer complaining about the complainers though......:p I think I got that right, but I don't want to think to hard about it.

I just want any analyst to defend Ohio state being ranked in the playoff right now. Their schedule to this point has been completely awful and theit "eye test" hasn't been that great either.

The sad truth is certain teams carry certain clout. Certain coaches carry certain clout. These teams are given the benefit of the doubt. It's a double standard

I agree with you here. They do and they should. It shouldn't affect rankings and it won't if it comes down to beating them in the CCG. That being said...one loss iowa vs. one loss big name...we're done. Urban Meyer has yet to lose a big ten football game.....that includes this year, so if they get a little boost on that over us...i'm fine with that. No one has beaten him including this year in the big ten.

I REALLY don't mind people complaining....my career is dealing with complainers :) It was an observation that the hate is now real...whereas before it was simply a lack of knowing about Iowa's resume or the thought that its just another Iowa flare up. The hate is now real

We are the biggest whiners on the planet. Now, I'm proud of our fan base for supporting the hawks..but it's human nature. If we email tweet msg board hate and shove our completely biased opinions and force them to have the same opinion..we are gonna get backlash. I'd hate us too. I'm not saying stop...not my right to...but don't be surprised when ALL of college football hates us. Be reasonable in your arguments. We are 5th in the cfp...your job here is done. Let the team handle it the rest of the way. If your complaint is a bias against us then stop and let our players do the talking. EVERYONE hates us. Before you say GOOD..realize that them hating us is in your top 3 of keeping you up at night. Cheer on the hawks but stop forcing people to agree with us. Smile and know the hawks will take care of business.

I think you are just taunting people with your thread.

Nice try, Proud, but your trolling is getting old. The fact of the matter is that you are blaming Iowa fans for inciting the media talking heads and for the resultant media bashing of Iowa football. For example, Colin Cowherd calls Iowa a "fraud." Pretty direct insult, I would say.

As another poster responded, "They started it." Blaming our fan base is pure and simple, without logic.

Nice try, Proud, but your trolling is getting old. The fact of the matter is that you are blaming Iowa fans for inciting the media talking heads and for the resultant media bashing of Iowa football. For example, Colin Cowherd calls Iowa a "fraud." Pretty direct insult, I would say.

As another poster responded, "They started it." Blaming our fan base is pure and simple, without logic.

Yep…Proud is mocking the Iowa fan base.

We're being nothing more than "overlooked." This is because We are not a top 25 program. Or at least we haven't been for long enough for everyone to forget about us.

Trolling....for disagreeing with you? You are exactly why the media hates Iowa....senseless fighting and name-calling. I said that things like this cause the media to dislike us....how do you argue that when you are doing it right now?

welcome freshman....go back and read my posts. actually go back and read THIS post. If you think the media loves us.....then what are you arguing? The media had a bias against us..my post states that we have propagated that.....what are you arguing against? The world? You don't think they hate us more for being "aggressive?" They do. Go ahead and be aggressive..just don't be mad when they dislike us even more. Its simple bully/abuse relationship type.

[video]http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14161691[/video]

I guess here is a link...listen to the challenge at the end....listen to the "who doesn't believe" quote....they are all against us...most anyway....most experts are now refering to or talking to our fanbase...not America when they try to justify their opinions....

welcome freshman....go back and read my posts. actually go back and read THIS post. If you think the media loves us.....then what are you arguing? The media had a bias against us..my post states that we have propagated that.....what are you arguing against? The world? You don't think they hate us more for being "aggressive?" They do. Go ahead and be aggressive..just don't be mad when they dislike us even more. Its simple bully/abuse relationship type.
Yeah. Problem is, some of these types that'll dislike Iowa even more are on the committee to select the playoff teams. IMO, something's gotta change.

Yeah. Problem is, some of these types that'll dislike Iowa even more are on the committee to select the playoff teams. IMO, something's gotta change.

I don't think at this point anyone's problem should be with the committee....the committee is commited to us as THE big ten rep if we beat OSU. Forget N. Dame. They think right now either Iowa or OSU is better than N. Dame. The committee is about the only group out there that has any sense. We are so biased for Iowa and the media is so biased against us......the committee...is doing their job...and doing it well.

I could really care less if they hate Iowa or not. After the BIG championship game, I don't want anything more than to see some national article or open some national paper and see the headline "Party Crasher's" with a big ole picture of the united Hawkeye team below it!

Last edited:
I could really care less if they hate Iowa or not. After the BIG championship game, I don't want anything more than to open some national paper and see the headline "Party Crasher's" with a big ole picture of the united Hawkeye team below it!

yes please!! GREAT headline! I'll write it down that someone uses that....you will have your props :)

I get the point proud is making... but where it turns to pure decay is when he pretends that this is different than any other fan base.

That is where is logic is highly laughable.

To say Iowa fans are more whiny then any others is pure density.

Proud you should move to New York or Boston and see how those fans are...

Are hang out with some international soccer fans.

Seriously if you think Iowa fans are whiny you must be pretty sheltered.

Latest posts