Who's better...

DaDynasty

Matt Roth or Adrian Clayborn... both dominating... both loved the hawks... I know Clayborn has better math :)

Although I think AC might have the better skills, no one had a motor like Roth, or the personality. I will never forget the Gator Chomp, or Heisman Pose after sacks.

Clayborn. Roth was a great player. But Clayborn is on a different level.

Clayborn changes games all by himself. Like Suh. Roth made spectacular plays but he never to my recollection altered an opponent's gameplan. GT wouldn't even run to AC's side in the second half.

Both great DE who have their strengths.

Roth had issues with lining up offsides and personal foul penalties.

AC the winner for my vote.

Clayborn. For his skills at his size makes him the clear winning.

Not really a comparison. Clayborn is better.

Kampman beats them both...and it isn't even close. Kampman's 2001 season blows anything Clayobrn or Roth have done out of the water.

I think Roth overacheived?

Based on what? Roth was the "biggest recruit" of that class (next to Blake Larsen that is) Purdue, Nebraska Miami, Florida, Kansas St, and the BADgers were all recruiting him. BTW the three LB's in that class all turned out to be NFL players in Greenway, Hodge and Roth.

I don't get why everyone is saying it's Clayborn by a landslide... are you guys forgetting how dominate Roth was in his day?

Wow! I think it's to early to tell who's better. We'll have to wait to see what kind of season AC has next year. But some of you guys are on crack. Or have extremely short memories. A month ago many of you dogged AC for even considering leaving for the NFL. Now he's the greatest d-end to ever play at Iowa? At this point in his career Roth had better stats and was one the most disruptive lineman in all of college football. And he had a great personality to boot. One of my all-time favorite Hawks.

Latest posts