Who"s Leaving?

If he's looking for a winning program with a winning coach, who could blame him?
Fran IS a winning coach rebuilding a winning program. When the program had fallen as far as Iowa had, it takes time to rebuild. Five straight winning seasons/post season invites is a pretty good start. Better than the Fraud and definitely better than Lick. Given the current roster and what's coming in, the future is very bright.

Considering your negativism .. maybe my comment isn't so far off.

GO HAWKS!!!

Playmaker and Tweeter are not to be taken seriously, especially after any loss. I think they are both Iowa fans, but when 95% of your posts are only after losses, come on....

I pray kreiner leaves he is garbage has no business playing in the B1G and Fran will continue to give him minutes the next 3 years
I believe Kriener is going to be a stud. His fundamentals are all there. He needs a year in the weight room. Obviously your post has zero merit or substance.

I believe Kriener is going to be a stud. His fundamentals are all there. He needs a year in the weight room. Obviously your post has zero merit or substance.

agreed - he played way above his recruiting ranking, he was considered a complete project and actually found ways to contribute. I don't know that he will ever be a starter with who else is in the program around him - but he can be a very valuable bench contributor.

agreed - he played way above his recruiting ranking, he was considered a complete project and actually found ways to contribute. I don't know that he will ever be a starter with who else is in the program around him - but he can be a very valuable bench contributor.

I think Kriener is going to be the best Iowa player ever that hardly plays. Just too much talent at his position. He could be a starter during most years at Iowa. Maybe I'm wrong on Garza tho.

I think Kriener is going to be the best Iowa player ever that hardly plays. Just too much talent at his position. He could be a starter during most years at Iowa. Maybe I'm wrong on Garza tho.
Time will tell. I think he will be too good to sit...if he can put on muscle. I won't be shocked if he passes more than 1 player on the current depth chart.

Saw a tweet that was retweeted by Rick Brown that stated he heard Christian Williams is transferring.
That would definitely suck from a back up point of view. On the other hand, He didn't play alot this past season, I'm not sure how much he'll play next season.

Just my $.02 .. .. GO HAWKS!!!

That would definitely suck from a back up point of view. On the other hand, He didn't play alot this past season, I'm not sure how much he'll play next season.

Just my $.02 .. .. GO HAWKS!!!
Yeah, I definitely understand why he would want to. But for my own selfish reasons, I hope he stays.

I disagree here. Conner could easily replace his production and then you have your scholarship situation a little more freed up.

I agree with you Bryce. He didn't bring all that much to the team. Connor could replace what little he did bring. It's best he transfers. I'd rather he transfer than stick around and potentially end up becoming a distraction if he isn't satisfied with his playing time. I have no reason to think that he would do that, but these things happen in situations like this. The kid wants more playing time, and after the way Bohannon performed this year he likely isn't going to find much of that in an Iowa uniform any time soon.

I disagree here. Conner could easily replace his production and then you have your scholarship situation a little more freed up.
Yeah that's the best case scenario for if Williams leaves. I wish Williams the best he probably sees the writing on the wall that 10-15 mins a game or so might be what he tops out at if he stays at Iowa and he's hoping for more...

I hope he stays but if he does leave it is a manageable loss. From the start of B1G play forward he averaged a little less than 10 MPG.

The questions would be:

1. Who fills the backup PG role?

(Ellingson did some this year. CM? Dailey? Potential Grad transfer or JUCO?)

2. What does Fran do with the scholarship?

This kind of plays off that first one but it is very interesting. The flexibility we have with Connor makes this all very interesting. We could give the scholarship to a grad transfer and then begin recruiting someone in Weiskamp's class. Or even keep Dale Jones for next year. We could let Connor have the scholarship or we could recruit a JUCO or maybe a Maishe Dailey type four year player with the scholarship.

Interesting stuff, interesting to see how it plays out. Maybe Williams will decide to stay around after all.

I hope he stays but if he does leave it is a manageable loss. From the start of B1G play forward he averaged a little less than 10 MPG.

The questions would be:

1. Who fills the backup PG role?

(Ellingson did some this year. CM? Dailey? Potential Grad transfer or JUCO?)

2. What does Fran do with the scholarship?

This kind of plays off that first one but it is very interesting. The flexibility we have with Connor makes this all very interesting. We could give the scholarship to a grad transfer and then begin recruiting someone in Weiskamp's class. Or even keep Dale Jones for next year. We could let Connor have the scholarship or we could recruit a JUCO or maybe a Maishe Dailey type four year player with the scholarship.

Interesting stuff, interesting to see how it plays out. Maybe Williams will decide to stay around after all.
I thought we only had enough schollies for one recruit in the '17 class...
I believe the scholly would go to either Garza or Nunge, correct?

Latest posts