Who"s Leaving?

There's going to be 2-3 kids leave... It's almost expected from every program now a days. A case can be made for a half a dozen of them as a lot of you have mentioned. I hope that most of them stay actually. They seem to be a great group of kids. Nobodies gotten into trouble off the floor. Chemistry seems to be there. So outside Dale Jones leaving which it seems is a guarantee I kinda hope the rest come back and let the PT amongst them get sorted out a little better then it was this year. You can't split up 13 plus guys enough mins. It just don't work and now a days kids want to play and not sit so much. If Cook left or Pemsl, or Baer I'd be a pretty unhappy camper. But outside the core group of them they can withstand just about any of the rest of them leaving so long as there isn't a mass exodus of like 4 or more.

I don't know who's leaving except for the obvious guys but we really need a transfer or somebody to have a more athletic back court.

I don't see Williams or Kriener leaving. Kriener grew up an Iowa fan, right? Williams also found what I would consider to be an important role on this team. He's improved quite a bit throughout the season too.

Daily would be my best. It's going to be tough to find minutes for him next season. And I think it's a foregone conclusion that Dale Jones will not be back next season.

I don't see Williams or Kriener leaving. Kriener grew up an Iowa fan, right? Williams also found what I would consider to be an important role on this team. He's improved quite a bit throughout the season too.

Daily would be my best. It's going to be tough to find minutes for him next season. And I think it's a foregone conclusion that Dale Jones will not be back next season.

After I read this article I'm not so sure Dailey moves on:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...hmen-we-can-take-program-next-level/98847380/

Putting aside the logic of years on campus, red shirts available, etc. etc.

These would be gone IMHO...

Jok, Jones - Uhl, Dailey, based on how little they were used.

Kriener...with this his home state and dream team, don't see it.

Williams might leave if he thinks he is full time PG material...which is isn't

Wagner...tough hombre...getting more playing time...light going on a bit

Whoever stays or arrives...bigs...need to figure out some post moves...talent like Indiana hit their shots away like ping pong balls.

Elite PG on wish list...

Kriener has the basketball IQ and the all around game IMO. He needs to get stronger...much stronger...but I predict he will be an outstanding player for Iowa. He's also an Iowa kid and has played with Bohannon and Pemsl for years.

With more experience Keiener could really help the team. Solid fundamentally, aware on the court and has nice moves from mid-range to the basket.....

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...cout-team-isaac-haas-caleb-swanigan/96528322/

And he took Haas to the floor.....

Screen-Shot-2017-01-13-at-3.11.14-PM-300x255.png

:cool:

We all know Dale Jones is probably gone. But who else. I see up to 4 transfers.
I'm starting to wonder about Moss and Williams. I really like them both and I hope they stick around.
In my option Uhl, Wagner and Ellingson are to old to leave.
Thoughts?

I know for both the FB/BB programs every season there are lots of people excited to see people leave. And of course every year the kids leaving with remaining eligibility are the reason the season "didn't live up to expectations.":rolleyes:

But I'm in the minority. The kids who left during the Lick years were talented and the program suffered as a result. Same can be said for several of the KF years. DMX being the most recent example. I believe with the right coaching most kids can improve. Rudock being an example.

I think Jones and Maishe are the most obvious departures.

The next most likely I think would be Dom Uhl. Dom went from a starter this season to seeing 4 minutes in the Indiana game. Nobody that took his minutes are leaving, and Nunge is coming in...so the writing is sorta on the wall for Dom. He's a senior next year and might want to get some quality minutes elsewhere.

I hope Williams is happy as the backup PG like Clemmons was because at the rate Bohannon is playing Williams is never going to start again at Iowa. I like Williams, I hope he stays.

I dont think Kriener will leave this year, but with Garza and Nunge coming in next year I don't know where his minutes are going to come from.

Jbo, Moss, Cook, Pemsl, Baer are your core players going into next year. They aren't going anywhere. Wagner/Ellingson have no reason to leave either.

I did think Conner M. looked pretty decent last night in the championship game. He already has a better handle than Williams fwiw.

Last year Ellingson played 9 minutes a game...didn't look real good most of the time...and many wanted him gone. This year he played 15 minutes a game and was a very important/effective role player for us.

Wagner played 16 minutes a game this year. I've seen various posts suggesting he won't get much playing time next year. But that remains to be seen. He seems to like his teammates and may be accepting of his role. I think he's back next year and in the r

Wagner could be more productive in a Hawkeye football uniform as a stud TE than he'll ever be as a Hawkeye basketball player Ahmad is very James Wintersish.

With more experience Keiener could really help the team. Solid fundamentally, aware on the court and has nice moves from mid-range to the basket.....

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sp...cout-team-isaac-haas-caleb-swanigan/96528322/

And he took Haas to the floor.....

Screen-Shot-2017-01-13-at-3.11.14-PM-300x255.png

:cool:
I really think Kreiner will be a good player too. I hope he sticks around all 4 yrs also. He has skills with shooting and footwork that is ahead of the game of most big men. It's too bad he wasn't able to RS. He's a guy that in 3 yrs will be a stud. I hope it's for us.
That Haas kid is so damn big. Kreiner isn't exactly a little guy and Haas makes him look like a midget.

Wagner could be more productive in a Hawkeye football uniform as a stud TE than he'll ever be as a Hawkeye basketball player Ahmad is very James Wintersish.
I've said that as well and certainly echo your opinion. Wagner has such an athletic body and all that it's too bad that his skill set would be way better served on a football field. He has NFL potential at that. He has zero NBA potential. Your comparison if him to James Winters is right on the money too. Winters was an under sized 6'5ish forward that was playing down low a lot. Couldn't shoot outside 12 feet hardly either. But played hard and made effort plays. Depending on how good this Nunge kid is that's coming in I could see him taking a bite out of Wagners mins along with the other guys that are all coming back

As I remember, James Winters was a pretty fine player. His ankle injury impacted the team his senior year.

If he's as good as James Winters (and 3 inches taller) he belongs on the basketball court IMO.

I'm going on record that none of the starters leave. Why would anyone think Moss would leave. Williams is going to be the point next year...he isn't leaving. Dailey or Uhl? Maybe?

I'm going on record that none of the starters leave. Why would anyone think Moss would leave. Williams is going to be the point next year...he isn't leaving. Dailey or Uhl? Maybe?
Why would Uhl leave? Dom's playing time is directly correlated to how he is playing most of the time.

Latest posts