Who"s Leaving?

If he's as good as James Winters (and 3 inches taller) he belongs on the basketball court IMO.
Really 1.5 FGs per game for his first 2 years followed by the 2.3 FG's his Jr. year or are you hoping for James Senior year stats? Versus Ahmad's robust 3.7 ppg.

Cool article. I could see Jok and Jones being the only two gone after this year.

I've been pretty high on Dailey. He's got super long arms and is very athletic. Appears confident in his shooting stroke. Glad to hear the other guys are impressed with him. He could be a dark horse to start next year and play a role similar to Moss this year (15-20 min).

We've been asking for better perimeter defenders and someone to beat someone off the dribble. I think Dailey has the potential to do both of those things. Moss will drive some more next year I'd guess too.

How about this lineup to press and run for a few minutes a game:

Williams
Moss
Dailey
Wagner
Cook

That'd be fun to watch.

Why would Uhl leave? Dom's playing time is directly correlated to how he is playing most of the time.
Well, he's probably close to graduating...Grad Transfer Rule. Right now he's playing what 8-10 minutes? Do you think Pemsl, Cook, Baer, Wagner, and Kreiner are going to get worse over the summer? You have two highly rated recruits that play similar positions coming in also. Now, I think Dom likes it at Iowa so he may stick it out...but he would be a high candidate if his personality was more type A.

Well, he's probably close to graduating...Grad Transfer Rule. Right now he's playing what 8-10 minutes? Do you think Pemsl, Cook, Baer, Wagner, and Kreiner are going to get worse over the summer? You have two highly rated recruits that play similar positions coming in also. Now, I think Dom likes it at Iowa so he may stick it out...but he would be a high candidate if his personality was more type A.
So why wouldn't we be talking about Ellingson, Williams, Jones etc. I agree you never know what a kid is going to do with the graduate rule but all these transfer suggestions don't do any good. For Pete's sake we just won a game last night GO HAWKS.

Really 1.5 FGs per game for his first 2 years followed by the 2.3 FG's his Jr. year or are you hoping for James Senior year stats? Versus Ahmad's robust 3.7 ppg.
I assume you watched the game last night. There's a very good chance we don't win without Wagner IMO.

Freshman Wagner = 2.6 ppg and 2.6 rpg in 10.1 mpg

Sophomore Wagner = 4.8 ppg and 3.4 rpg in 15.9 mpg

He also works his tail off on both ends of the court and I never see him pouting, whining, complaining, etc. He just plays hard and supports his teammates.

He also works his tail off on both ends of the court and I never see him pouting, whining, complaining, etc. He just plays hard and supports his teammates.

He's playing a lot better as of late.
I hope he sticks around. He will be solid if he continues to inprove.

I really can only see reasoning behind 2 guys leaving.

Uhl because he has had his minutes decline and I think Nunge as a true freshman will come in ready to see the floor. His outside shooting ability will push him in front of Dom. I could see Dom staying though as well because he will be a senior.

Dailey - I'm somewhat confused in how he has been handled thus far because he would have been better served taking a red-shirt. I believe Maishe specifically requested not to red-shirt which makes me wonder if playing time is something that is important to him as he didn't seem interested in sitting out a year. Hindsight is 20/20 and I think JBos play took away some opportunities and minutes for a guy like Dailey. I could see him staying too with Pete gone and a chance to compete for some minutes on the wing but I think Moss and Ellingson and we'll even see Williams on the floor with JBo before Dailey will see the floor before Maishe so he may still not be looking at getting a lot of playing time.

Other than these 2, I don't think much of a case can be made for any of the others.

Wagner was kind of a project coming in - freak athlete but wasn't really considered a polished player. He's made a big leap this year and I think he will continue to develop and be an absolute solid contributor over the next two seasons. No matter how many times Hawkeyenation gives up on Frosh and Soph's they typically prove them wrong their Junior or Senior years, which is pretty common across the board in all college sports. There are other cases where a kid just never develops but it's been the exception during Fran's tenure... he got something out Andrew Brommer for gods sakes.

I'm going on record that none of the starters leave. Why would anyone think Moss would leave. Williams is going to be the point next year...he isn't leaving. Dailey or Uhl? Maybe?

What have you seen from Williams to make you think he will run the point next year? I think Williams can develop into a defensive stopper but the offense doesn't flow with him at point and he looks like a guy playing out of position. Bohannon has done a great job running the team as a freshman and feeds the post better than any point guard we have had in a good while. He will start driving more as our bigs learn how to set screens to free him and you could see him driving more in the game last night against a team that didn't have much size. We have our point guard for the next three seasons and I think Bohannon will go down as one of the all time greats for us by the time he graduates. He needs some help and it may not come from Williams who seems better suited to play on the wing.

Last edited:
What have you seen from Williams to make you think he will run the point next year? I think Williams can develop into a defensive stopper but the offense doesn't flow with him at point and he looks like a guy playing out of position. Bohannon has done a great job running the team as a freshman and feeds the post better than any point guard we have had in a good while. He will start driving more as our bigs learn how to set screens to free him and you could see him driving more in the game last night against a team that didn't have much size. We have our point guard for the next three seasons and I think Bohannon will go down as one of the all time greats for us by the time he graduates. He needs some help and it may not come from Williams who seems better suited to play on the wing.

In order for Williams to be able to contribute at the off guard spot and possibly get more significant minutes he needs to develop some kind of a jump shot. He is not a confident or good shooter. His defense and transition offense are great but he needs to be able to make the occasional shot in order to keep the defense honest.

Totally agree all I'm saying I don't ever expect Ahmad to be someone you can rely on to score. I still think he may have had a better future as a TE versus a basketball player that was my original point. We'll never know but lets be real this kid won't play in the NBA and that's ok his energy against USD was fantastic. We will need that against a more athletic TCU team Sunday.

Uhl will be an interesting case next year. WIll Fran go all KFz and play him despite having better young talent? Or does he find the bench as a Sr, which is a tough but justifiable move.

I thought Dom had a pretty good Soph campaign and now this year his effort and concentration just are blah. The Williams kid has 0 confidence on the offensive end and he dribbles the freaking tread off the bball because he won't pick his head up. The Offense just crawls with him out there.

I pray kreiner leaves he is garbage has no business playing in the B1G and Fran will continue to give him minutes the next 3 years

Latest posts