Who"s Leaving?

You mean JU immediately knew he'd chosen the wrong program...even before his Freshman season began?!
That isn't what I meant .. but after thinking it over, it may not be far off. IIRC, JU's freshman year at Wiscy was FM's 2nd year at Iowa. He wasn't sure whether or not Fran would get Iowa moving in the right direction so he chose Wiscy. The redshirt was a mutual decision between JU and the Wiscy staff. My guess is that by the time the staff decided they wanted to burn the redshirt, JU had decided to transfer to Iowa.

Just my $.02 ,, ,, GO HAWKS!!!

Redshirting is kind of a mutual agreement. Baer wanted to redshirt and FM. knowing Baer wasn't going to play anyway, agreed. The staff wanted Daily to redshirt but he didn't want to.

It also works the other way. Uthoff was redshirting his freshman year at Wiscy. Bo wanted him to play but JU was adamant about not playing, probably because he knew he was leaving anyway.

All this is if I remember correctly. GO HAWKS!!!

Actually, Uthoff was conflicted. He was set to check into a Wisconsin game which would have made him not able to redshirt his freshman year, but the game never stopped and he didn't get in. He then decided to redshirt.

http://host.madison.com/sports/coll...cle_f6c271f4-1312-11e1-a6f9-001cc4c03286.html

Uthoff at the scorer's table, ready to check in, late in the first half of UW's 85-31 season-opening victory over Kennesaw State last Saturday night. But Uthoff never got in, and at halftime he had second thoughts about the redshirting issue.

For what it's worth.. on another site, it is claimed that Williams was upset about the rumor and had no truth to it at all.
That's interesting. It'll be more interesting now to see if he does end up staying or not then. Rumor or no rumor I think most would have figured he would be more apt to leave than not. I have no problem with him staying at all if he can improve his jumper and offense just a little bit he'll be great contributor.

Or ... maybe ... he thinks getting rid of distractions and focusing on his game might be the smart thing to do. MM is over. Time to get to work.

Or ... maybe ... he thinks getting rid of distractions and focusing on his game might be the smart thing to do. MM is over. Time to get to work.
I am guessing he is leaving, if it was just about getting to work he would have stated that. Not good for Iowa next year!

I am guessing he is leaving, if it was just about getting to work he would have stated that. Not good for Iowa next year!
I don't follow 19 yr olds on twitter. I did that link and saw nothing that hinted about him leaving.

He retweeted the KY kid leaving -- a top 5 pick and his HS teammate?

Cook is nowhere in NBA's 1-2 round.

Why would he publicly state time to get to work? If he's leaving that's bigger news so why not state it?

Even if he does, there's plenty in the cupboard at Iowa and incoming. Hardly the end of the world.

As pointed out on previous post Tyler Cook's twitter account which was all about his journey through Iowa Basketball has been deleted. I do not claim to have any inside information. i am concerned that this may indicate he is leaving Iowa based on the timing of him taking down his twitter page. This is speculation on my part draw your own conclusions it is just a gut feeling. To the previous poster I did not start any rumor Williams is leaving although I think It would be just as much of a disaster if Williams decided to leave.

As pointed out on previous post Tyler Cook's twitter account which was all about his journey through Iowa Basketball has been deleted. I do not claim to have any inside information. i am concerned that this may indicate he is leaving ....
"Twitter account which was all about his journey through Iowa Basketball has been deleted."

Dude, just a cursory glance at his twitter account shows it wasn't all about his journey "through Iowa basketball."

There was all kinds of stuff non-Iowa related but two that do stand out are a shout out to Jok and a retweet about Prison Break.

Oh wait, maybe that's proof right there.

"Twitter account which was all about his journey through Iowa Basketball has been deleted."

Dude, just a cursory glance at his twitter account shows it wasn't all about his journey "through Iowa basketball."

There was all kinds of stuff non-Iowa related but two that do stand out are a shout out to Jok and a retweet about Prison Break.

Oh wait, maybe that's proof right there.
Actually if you followed it through out the season it mostly talked about the games, had clips of him playing,
had shout outs to his team mate's performance and thank you to the fans. Nobody is saying anything about proof its just speculation which is what this thread is about. Hope it has nothing to do with him leaving Iowa.
time will tell.

Actually if you followed it through out the season it mostly talked about the games, had clips of him playing,
had shout outs to his team mate's performance and thank you to the fans. Nobody is saying anything about proof its just speculation which is what this thread is about. Hope it has nothing to do with him leaving Iowa.
time will tell.
Got it. I already said I don't follow 19 yr olds on twitter. The only reason I signed up for a twitter account is to follow Iowa baseball.

Now I'm just speculating that the reason he talked about Iowa basketball and shoutouts to his teammates is because it was basketball season.

And I'm speculating that since MM is done and the season officially is over that he is going to go work on his game and his classes since I'm sure he's heard a dozen times to 100 that the time to improve a players game is during the off-season.

Self-scouting by the staff and areas of individual player improvement-- check

Ways of focusing on improvement, like getting rid of social media accounts-- check

Maybe his HS posse was a distraction?-- check

Got it. I already said I don't follow 19 yr olds on twitter. The only reason I signed up for a twitter account is to follow Iowa baseball.

Now I'm just speculating that the reason he talked about Iowa basketball and shoutouts to his teammates is because it was basketball season.

And I'm speculating that since MM is done and the season officially is over that he is going to go work on his game and his classes since I'm sure he's heard a dozen times to 100 that the time to improve a players game is during the off-season.

Self-scouting by the staff and areas of individual player improvement-- check

Ways of focusing on improvement, like getting rid of social media accounts-- check

Maybe his HS posse was a distraction?-- check
Haha, funny. Your stuff is weak.
This is 2017. I would guess you are about 53-72 years old, given your perspective.

I love the kid. I hope he stays here.
We are talking about its. If he's leves for the NBA, it is what is.

If he tranfers, this program is in big trouble.

If he stays, (I hope does). Than we can contend)

Iowa basketball needs Tyler Cook!

Haha, funny. Your stuff is weak.
This is 2017. I would guess you are about 53-72 years old, given your perspective.

I love the kid. I hope he stays here.
We are talking about its. If he's leves for the NBA, it is what is.

If he tranfers, this program is in big trouble.

If he stays, (I hope does). Than we can contend)

Iowa basketball needs Tyler Cook!
I would guess you're about 62-82 with "hahaha funny" old man stuff and poor spelling on a smart phone.

Kinda odd that you agree wid me but slam yourself.

I'm talking about its ... or ifs ... if you prefer, too.

The only thing we disagree on is If he leafs for the NBA or transfurs the program is in big trouble. It ain't if the two four stars are as good as what everyone is saying.

But I agree, if he stays and I hope he does. Than we can contend.

Say hello to echo at the dinner table tonight.

Latest posts