who is the most overrated star in the nba?

Russell Westbrook. I just don't understand why people think he's an elite point guard. Good to very good player? Sure. But he's not an elite point guard. Guys I'd take at the point over Westbrook:

Rondo
Paul
Parker
Deron Williams
Nash
Wall
Maybe Rubio (when healthy)

LOL at lebron being on anyone's list. He's the most versatile and highly skilled basketball player in the history of the NBA. How can you overrate that?

No Championship ring Lebron James. I have yet to figure out how he is MVP of the NBA. MVP's win games at the end and lead their teams to championships. They are supposed to be the man on their teams and in the league. Lebron isn't any of these. He looks pretty tho. Michael, Kobe and others fit the above descriptions to a T. Lebron does not....Wade does perhaps?

btw the correct answer is melo.

Came in to say this. Entered the league the same year as James and Wade, and has never won a playoff series. The Nuggets immediately became a better team after he left, and the Knicks were a better team with Lin and Stoudamire while Anthony was injured.

Rashard Lewis was the second highest paid player in the NBA last year (22 mil!), so he deserves to be on this list.

Joe Johnson is a max contract guy, and he has never done anything in his career, despite being the "super star" on a team with plenty of solid players. If you put DRose on Atlanta instead of Johnson, they could compete with the heat.

Russell Westbrook. I just don't understand why people think he's an elite point guard. Good to very good player? Sure. But he's not an elite point guard. Guys I'd take at the point over Westbrook:

Rondo
Paul
Parker
Deron Williams
Nash
Wall
If by Wall you meant Derek Rose, then I would agree with you. :)

Westbrook is still very good, but I would not call him overrated yet. He's still very young and on a team with Kevin Durant! :D

Came in to say this. Entered the league the same year as James and Wade, and has never won a playoff series. The Nuggets immediately became a better team after he left, and the Knicks were a better team with Lin and Stoudamire while Anthony was injured.

Rashard Lewis was the second highest paid player in the NBA last year (22 mil!), so he deserves to be on this list.

Joe Johnson is a max contract guy, and he has never done anything in his career, despite being the "super star" on a team with plenty of solid players. If you put DRose on Atlanta instead of Johnson, they could compete with the heat.

Don't let facts get in the way of your argument. But I agree that Carmelo is overrated.

Rondo
Paul
Parker
Deron Williams
Nash
Wall

LOL Westbrook won the game for OKC last night, without him they lose by 15. You're an idiot if you think Wall or Rubio is better

Most Over rated:
Carmelo (by a long ways)

Can LeBron be overrated considering he is the best player in the league? Maybe....due to the fact he doesn't win championships....and can't close.......he may end up being a top 5 player ever - so this is a hard one......

Kobe - seriously - you are not overrated when you're a top 10 player ever with 5 rings...get past the fact you don't like him.....

Rondo
Paul
Parker
Deron Williams
Nash
Wall

The only guy I'm taking on this list over Westbrook is Parker. To have a list of elite point guards and include Nash, Wall, and Rubio but not Rose, makes this list worthless.

Amare by far is the most overrated. Kobe is still at worst the third best player in the league (put Lebron, Durant, and Kobe in any order). Not sure how that is overrated.

Lebron is the most overrate until he wins a title. I am encouraged to see the Spurs playing well and have to cheer for Duncan to get his fifth ring to tie Kobe. Duncan, Parker and Genoble have all spent their entire careers with the spurs and that is more than enough reason to cheer for them this spring. As a Cavs fan, I can never forgive Ledick for his grandstanding. His behavior the night of "The Decision" was like someone standing up at a funeral and screaming outloud that they just won the lottery. And for a Cavs fan, it certainly was a funeral.

Ghost beat me to it on this one. Joe Johnson may not be the most overrated player in the NBA, but he's stuck in Atlanta forever because there isn't anybody else that's going to pay him that kind of money. He's just not worth it.

Amare by far is the most overrated. Kobe is still at worst the third best player in the league (put Lebron, Durant, and Kobe in any order). Not sure how that is overrated.

I agree with this. Amare is very overrated. If age wasn't a factor I would take Kobe over Lebron and Durant because of his desire to win/competitiveness. Then I would take Durant.

The only guy I'm taking on this list over Westbrook is Parker. To have a list of elite point guards and include Nash, Wall, and Rubio but not Rose, makes this list worthless.

I have to disagree here. I would easily take any of those guys over Westbrook with the exception of Rubio. I would never in a million years take Westbrook over Nash, Rondo, or Paul.

i think what makes westbrook overrated is the fact that he plays pg when he is more of a 2 guard. so when compared to elite pgs he isnt as good. but athletically he is better than all of them including rose (athletically not as a pg). if he were on a team where he could play the 2 instead of the 1 he would be even better. i am not sure the durant/westbrook combo will ever get a ring as their games dont mesh...similar to wade/james combo.

i would say melo is in talks as most overrated but at least he can score 4 different ways (3pt, midrange, at the hoop, freethrows) where as griffin still only can dunk. amare is similar to melo with multiple ways to score where griffin doesnt. that is why i give him the edge.

i know griffin is young and can still develop but guys that are annointed early dont always develop as well because they dont think they have to. look at lebron everyone annointed him and after 9 yrs he still has no outside game and has just now learned a little post up game. jordan learned both of those, kobe too. griffin has more to learn than he is good at yet the casual fan doesnt see it that way. amare plays better defense than griffin, dwight howard has more post moves than griffin, and shaq shot free throws better than griffin.

Westbrook is 23 years old and scored 37 points in L.A. last night. I don’t see what’s overrated about that. He’s not an assist guy like other typical point guards but he can score at will.

Latest posts