Where were you when "The Catch" happened

I was at the game with my wife, 40 yard line up high behind the Iowa bench. That place went absolutely crazy! I have never had so much fun in my life even though I lived in Orlando at the time. What a great game to attend, that pass and catch will be in my mind forever along with the post game interview on the field with Ferentz. What a great day to be a Hawkeye!

I was in Mahmudiyah, Iraq with a bunch of Marines from Iowa and the midwest. There was also a National Guard unit from the south somewhere that was taunting us towards the end of the game. The Iowa boys had a wild celebration and by the time we had cooled down the National Guard guys had already tucked their tail and left the tent.

Great story! And thank you for your service!

Watching that video...I still get goosebumps. Feels like it was just yesterday...remember every detail.

God tate was something special. I was at my parents...had a party there...people were jumping yelling....pandemonium ensued. There is still a faint stain on the carpet from where a cup of something got spilled. They're replacing that carpet next spring...may have to carve out the stain as a catch moment ha!

40 yard line behind Iowa bench with wife and son. Probably hugged OneToughHawk after the play, but not in a gay way.

My memory is I had trouble cheering, because I'd blown out my voice screaming "TIMEOUT!!!! LOOK AT THE CLOCK!!!!!" at Ferentz immediately beforehand.

Loved all the glum LSU fans afterwards.

I love this photo
lsufaces2.jpg

watching the game with my parents. It's literally the only time I've jumped out of my seat and cheered like a 5 year old kid while watching a game. It is truly one of those "where were you" moments.

COMPLETELY surrounded by Lsu on thr 45 yard line. Their fans were all over me when they took the lead late. Omg, it was well, I'm too old to use the word epic, but it was epic.

I was there on Iowa side top row of the lower deck at the opposite endzone, 5 yard line...high enough to see it all unfold in disbelief...disbelief that we werent getting a play off at all, disbelief that we weren't going to even get the ball to where we could attempt a kick, and certainly in disbelief of how the play just unfolded!

The place went nuts and I remember high-fiving everyone in our row and the two or three rows in front of us all the way to a full section over. Everyone was jumping around everywhere, we were like kids at Christmas. I ultimately had to make my way back up to our seats to untape my "I" flag from the back wall and couldn't believe how far I had euphorically danced my way from our seats.

I remember 2 things about the LSU fans...first just how stunned and quiet they were in the stands on the other side of stadium...and mostly how humble and generous they were in the parking lots afterwards, many offering congrats, beers and tailgate food (some serious good gumbo I might add).

Certainly one of my top Hawkeye game memories!

In my living room living in Mason City at the time. Tv on with radio on WMT radio for the broadcast. Listening to Dolphin nearly stroke out when calling the last few seconds of the game. Then stunned beyond belief at what just happened.

I was in the stadium for this incredible game. When LSU scored late, I was just sick. Everyone around me had basically said, "The game is over, we lost." Then, the miracle play unfolded and pandemonium followed.

What I remember most vividly was walking out of the stadium after the game and every few seconds, the Iowa fans exploded into another cheer. Later, I saw the picture of the LSU fans (see above) and I still have a copy of it in my Iowa football file. Never will forget that day!

I was there in person. Nose bleed seats, in the corner behind the LSU end zone - opposite end of the field from where Iowa scored the winning TD.

The roller coaster ride went pretty much like this:

-We still have a shot to drive for a game winning FG
-What are you doing?! Call timeout!
-Game's over.. We're done.
-Touchdown!!!!
-Bedlam

I saw Warren WIDE open way down the field and remember just hoping that Tate would see him and get him the ball. The rest is history. Still can't believe how that game ended.

I was on board the USS Juneau LPD10 in the Northern Arabian Gulf awaiting to be deployed around 3 am. I was watching the game on armed forces network with about 150 other marines in a very small cramped troop space. There were also a few big mouth LSU fans and SEC idiots in there as well it was to say the least memorable and awfully quiet in the corner of the room after "the catch"

My Dad, Mom, Brother and myself were sitting next to the Iowa band. We jumped and yelled for hours after that game! One of the best days of my life, behind the birth of my son.

I was at 3 Bag in West Des Moines. The place exploded. Maybe the most fun I ever had at a bar watching a game.
Man, RIP 3 Bag. I was there too. Took my life into my own hands getting there. Remember the ice storm that morning?

Latest posts