Where were you when "The Catch" happened

As someone mentioned earlier there was a terrible ice storm the night before. I was at a New Year's Eve part with my fiance (now wife of course) at a hotel downtown CR, and it took almost 2 hours to get to my parents house in Marion. I was ridiculously hungover the entire game and spent most of it sprawled out on the floor contemplating death. When "the catch" happened I simply freaked out. I jumped across the living room in a rage of glee and euphoria. Spent the rest of the afternoon on the phone with friends from across the country. Best hangover cure ever.

I was at Whiskey Dick's (now The Gardens) in Okoboji. I had to work that night tending bar at an Italian restaurant but decided that I could have a beer or two before hand. I was yelling for a timeout and then the TD happened. I ended up doing way too many shots and smelled like Jager when I got into work. I ended up getting sent home which was just fine to me.

In the end zone (on the opposite end of the field), right in front of some a-hole LSU fan who had been running his mouth during the game. His silence was f.a.n.t.a.s.t.i.c!!

I was at my Parent's House in Storm Lake, Iowa with my Dad and a friend of his. I know we a were all yelling "Call Time Out! What are you doing?!"

Then the next thing I know Tate throws the ball and Holloway is WIDE OPEN and I jumped out of the recliner I was in and about touched my parent's 20 foot high ceiling.

One of the greates momemnts I've ever witnessed.

Latest posts