Where is all the love??

here is a comparison: Google the coach/name and angry and see what comes up. Quite a comparison.
wn4E3OcUGNSQH0jrTuuVgHeWwHm3nd8oNMsE7-JURi0.gif

FaintDeliciousAustraliancurlew-max-1mb.gif
tenor.gif

836845605.gif

richard-pitino-angry-eyes-against-iowa.gif

I dont know how it's not obvious to everyone that the chair slamming speech is a fire up speech. Look at his body language.

Fran deserves a lot of credit. He pushed the right buttons all night.

Wiescamp and Garza both picked up two early fouls. Fran sat Garza the rest the half but reinserted Joe. It was the right move both times. Putting Connor on Simpson when we did go man was another good move, as was spotting Cook's minutes late.

When Wiescamp went to the bench, it said he had 2 fouls but it was wrong. There were only 2 other fouls committed at the time and they were both attempted charges by Bohannon and Garza.

I dont know how it's not obvious to everyone that the chair slamming speech is a fire up speech. Look at his body language.
Still can't condone that one. There are other ways to fire a team up. He easily could have broke Gatens' toe. And Lord knows what kind of damage could have been done if that chair bounces sideways.

Still can't condone that one. There are other ways to fire a team up. He easily could have broke Gatens' toe. And Lord knows what kind of damage could have been done if that chair bounces sideways.

I don't condone it either. I can just tell it was an effort to fire up his team, not a fit of rage. You can tell by the way he bounces back and forth.

I don't condone it either. I can just tell it was an effort to fire up his team, not a fit of rage. You can tell by the way he bounces back and forth.
He could have come out in a Captain Marvel cape and his nut huggers from playing for the 1980 Penn Quakers and perhaps that would have fired his team up!

It's really not, the NCAA tournament is a field of 68 not a field of 64 with play in games. Those of you that call it that are just looking for extra negative spins.

As you said the NCAA field is 68, NOT 64. You literally have to be an idiot Clown fan to try to claim that teams in the field of 68 DIDN'T somehow make the NCAA tournament. In any record book, those games are counted as tournament games (win or loss) and same with any stats in those games are counted as NCAA tournament stats.

Lol I don't get why people try and bash the "First Four" and call it a play in game that doesn't count... I mean they count. VCU isn't giving back their Final Four. La Salle, Tennessee, & Syracuse(pending any future investigations :D) are not going to give back their Sweet 16s.

If you hear your name called on Selection Sunday, you made the tournament. That's how I've always looked at it.

That 1980 team was an easy one to root for. None were blue chippers, except for Lester and possibly Krafciscin. The injury bug was everywhere. Lester, Greg Boyle, Mark Gannon and Tree Henry had knee problems (G. Boyle was basically hurt his whole career which is why few have heard of him) Kenny Arnold was playing with a broken shooting hand. Bobby Hansen had a deep thumb bruise. Krafciscin with a deep thigh bruise.

They were able to get about sixty percent of Ronnie Lester back for senior day against Illinois and the tournament run, which was enough to make everyone else better. You know the rest. And they did it basically with a seven man rotation. Vince Brookins, who came off the bench as recently as the tournament opener, went on the type of shooting streak that can carry a team in March. Everyone played with heart and determination. Even Billy Packer and Al McGuire eventually got on board. It was an easy team to root for. And why those guys, to this day, get treated like royalty in Iowa City.
That 1980 team was an easy one to root for. None were blue chippers, except for Lester and possibly Krafciscin. The injury bug was everywhere. Lester, Greg Boyle, Mark Gannon and Tree Henry had knee problems (G. Boyle was basically hurt his whole career which is why few have heard of him) Kenny Arnold was playing with a broken shooting hand. Bobby Hansen had a deep thumb bruise. Krafciscin with a deep thigh bruise.

They were able to get about sixty percent of Ronnie Lester back for senior day against Illinois and the tournament run, which was enough to make everyone else better. You know the rest. And they did it basically with a seven man rotation. Vince Brookins, who came off the bench as recently as the tournament opener, went on the type of shooting streak that can carry a team in March. Everyone played with heart and determination. Even Billy Packer and Al McGuire eventually got on board. It was an easy team to root for. And why those guys, to this day, get treated like royalty in Iowa City.
Thats why they were nicknamed the Walking Wounded. The Georgetown game that year was one of my all time favorite games. We were down by 12 pts. at halftime and didn’t ever lead in the second half until Steve Waite had that put back basket to win it at the buzzer! That was as awesome of an ending that I will never forget.

Thats why they were nicknamed the Walking Wounded. The Georgetown game that year was one of my all time favorite games. We were down by 12 pts. at halftime and didn’t ever lead in the second half until Steve Waite had that put back basket to win it at the buzzer! That was as awesome of an ending that I will never forget.
I remember a bunch of us renting a church gym one night that spring, which was a real privilege back then, letting it fly from as far out as possible, and yelling "Vince BROOK-ins"!. The shooting run he went on that postseason was similiar to Kevin Gamble in the 1987 NCAA'S. And he came up huge against Georgetown to narrow the gap and set up Waite's heroics

Last edited:

Latest posts