Where is all the love??

tailgater371

I've been on Hawkeye Nation for many years, and admittedly I'm mostly a browser. I come here to see what others think, know, and to celebrate or commiserate with other fans. There were many threads about the team quitting, fire Fran etc. after losing to MSU at home and a tough Gopher team on the road, and frankly after any loss. I jumped on last night wanting to soak in some positive talk about Iowa BB, and mostly nothing. I was so surprised I refreshed the page 4 times.

I hold as much reserved optimism as anyone, but that game last night was fun and they deserve some love. That is all. Carry on...

ISU fans masked as Hawk posters
Fran and Fran family haters (posters that hate him to a point of wishing Iowa loses)
Trolls

All the Sociopaths listed above vanish like a fart in the wind after a win. Especially after a big win. Its actually refreshing.

17-5. Great grit, Great Coaching, and Great Win. Let’s Go Hawks!

Winning a home game against Michigan doesn't change the fact that we do not have a PG, continue to have lapses (collapses) on D, a childish coach who thinks that motivation comes from yelling and screaming like a petulant little child, inexplicable losses against generally inferior teams, and an inability to MAKE the NCAA tournament.

Did you see the stats they were throwing up on the screen about this years 2nd half meltdowns?

Did you watch when Iowa was up 15 about 6 minutes into the 2nd half and then let Michigan pull within 5 without even a timeout called? In 6 minutes of clock we went from up 15 to up 5 and got bailed out by our C hitting a clutch 3-point shot. o_O

So no, the season is not saved and Fran still hasn't figured out how to actually coach or recruit. He did great after the crater that was left from alford and Lackluster but let's not kid ourselves.

Winning a home game against Michigan doesn't change the fact that we do not have a PG, continue to have lapses (collapses) on D, a childish coach who thinks that motivation comes from yelling and screaming like a petulant little child, inexplicable losses against generally inferior teams, and an inability to MAKE the NCAA tournament.

Did you see the stats they were throwing up on the screen about this years 2nd half meltdowns?

Did you watch when Iowa was up 15 about 6 minutes into the 2nd half and then let Michigan pull within 5 without even a timeout called? In 6 minutes of clock we went from up 15 to up 5 and got bailed out by our C hitting a clutch 3-point shot. o_O

So no, the season is not saved and Fran still hasn't figured out how to actually coach or recruit. He did great after the crater that was left from alford and Lackluster but let's not kid ourselves.
After last year I've seen quite a few things that I like. So far I'm enjoying the season. Not perfect, plenty of defensive lapses but overall its been enjoyable

Person I went with to the game said it was top 5 ever attended in Carver. It was electric and loud in CHA.

Loud, obnoxious and proud to be a Hawkeye!

17 wins to 5 losses, your idea of 40% is different than mine

6-5 in the B1G. Great win for sure, but the jury is still out based on what we've seen in the past. This could end up being Fran's most successful team. We'll know a lot more in 6 weeks.

Nothing pisses me off more than when a top 5 team tries too. A real team would have won by 25 and iowa could only muster a 15 point win. I'm done with Fran.

I've been on Hawkeye Nation for many years, and admittedly I'm mostly a browser. I come here to see what others think, know, and to celebrate or commiserate with other fans. There were many threads about the team quitting, fire Fran etc. after losing to MSU at home and a tough Gopher team on the road, and frankly after any loss. I jumped on last night wanting to soak in some positive talk about Iowa BB, and mostly nothing. I was so surprised I refreshed the page 4 times.

I hold as much reserved optimism as anyone, but that game last night was fun and they deserve some love. That is all. Carry on...

I stay away from the basketball forum because of the constant negativity. I came here today for the same reason you did and within 4 posts I found the good old negative losers still trolling. Winning games like this is the reason we fans watch the games. If you can’t get some sort of joy out of last night then maybe it’s time for you to walk away from sports.

I stay away from the basketball forum because of the constant negativity. I came here today for the same reason you did and within 4 posts I found the good old negative losers still trolling. Winning games like this is the reason we fans watch the games. If you can’t get some sort of joy out of last night then maybe it’s time for you to walk away from sports.

Yep last night’s win makes the entire college basketball season more fun. When Iowa is winning it just gives me more of a reason to pay attention and invest in how things are going across the B1G and the nation.

Come on, be honest. How many of you were waiting for Fran to do something stupid, or the team to have another mental collapse, some Hawk launching a few three point clankers, Cook missing three foot bunnies. Hawk teams in the past, whether football, or basketball....I expect to win. Fran's teams I expect to choke. I love that they didn't.

A GREAT WIN...but repeating success is the mark of a winner.

That is what we are all hoping for no matter what labels one wants to cast about among the fan base. Championship caliber playing, win or lose.

I enjoyed listening to what the Michigan coach had to say about Iowa, gracious in defeat. Well done.

A GREAT WIN-A GREAT WIN-A GREAT WIN!!!!!!

Latest posts