What's it going to take to dance?

What I learned is having fun after a big win and looking at the schedule and saying "you know what, if everything goes our way, and I mean everything we just may be a bubble team"= unfairly placing expectations on this team. That makes no sense.

I mean, everyone rationally knows that it is highly unlikely that Iowa makes the tournament but there is a rational argument that could be made that they actually have a very slim shot. There is nothing wrong with rooting with your heart and hoping that the slim shot comes true. Until it doesn't happen you can't officially say it won't happen. That's kind of what this thread is about and if you read what people posted you see that. Whining because some other fanbase will think we look dumb is some serious weak ****.

Seriously though, I hope that the team doesn't read this thread and see that there is a thread that says something about them going to the tournament if everything goes there way and craps the bed because of ALLLLLL THE PRESSURE THAT IS BEING PLACED ON THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't a thread on the probability that Iowa will get into the Dance (it's so very low right now). However, it's a thread on what it will take. There is nothing wrong in predicting what it would take... no one is saying they are going to do it. Some people need to chill out.

10 wins in conf wont be enough with the poor non-conf sched.
11 is bubble, but would need a win or 2 in the tourney.

Seriously though, I hope that the team doesn't read this thread and see that there is a thread that says something about them going to the tournament if everything goes there way and craps the bed because of ALLLLLL THE PRESSURE THAT IS BEING PLACED ON THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahaha

the thing that bugs me a little with the selection committee is they bank too much on earlier games. i know campbell was a huge loss but how you finish is much more important. we just have to cut out the bad losses early with the way we finished last year or better and we will truly be back.

The selection comittee takes the last 10 games into account far more than the first 10 games, unless a team loses to an RPI 100+ team. It is proven year in and year out.
Also, the non-conference loses wouldn't be a big deal if Iowa had a better schedule. Teams just can't schedule garbage and lose to garbage and expect to make the tournament (see: Virginia Tech the last four years).

The only way Iowa goes to the NCAA tournament is by winning the conference tournament. They have a really far outside chance at the NIT, and I mean very unlikely.

Did I nail it!? You probably did predict a 2-loss season for the football team. Basically, I know how big of idiots some Hawk fans can be and how that looks to other fan bases and I hate to see that because it makes the rest of us reasonable fans look bad too- I was designated as the "keep people in check" police today. Just doing my job. Sorry, brah.

Really, who cares what other fanbases think? Before you and Hawkfan33 go outside and settle this like kids, go to another fanbases forum. You'll find the exact same threads you find here. "What will it take to make the NCAA?" "Fire Coach _________ Now!" It's no different anywhere else than here.
You two are ruining a good thread with your little ******* match.
Can't we all just get along?:rolleyes:

The selection comittee takes the last 10 games into account far more than the first 10 games, unless a team loses to an RPI 100+ team. It is proven year in and year out.
Also, the non-conference loses wouldn't be a big deal if Iowa had a better schedule. Teams just can't schedule garbage and lose to garbage and expect to make the tournament (see: Virginia Tech the last four years).
To even be considering the situation is very nice, quite a while since that has occurred. The NIT might be within reach if we continue to play as we have lately, other than OSU and MSU.....

Excellent game today. There are similarities in the three wins in the B1G. Perimeter D and good transition play among them.....

:)

Can anyone tell me the last time a big ten team with a winning conference record did not make the tournament?

The only way Iowa goes to the NCAA tournament is by winning the conference tournament. They have a really far outside chance at the NIT, and I mean very unlikely.

Gotta agree with you on NCAA. That ship sailed when we stumbled through our non-con schedule.
I think NIT is a legit possibility if we keep up our current pace.

NIT is a real possibility, but I just want to see a winning overall record as I predicted to start the year, anything beyond that is a bonus for me.

The great thing is that the only truly contributing Senior right now is Gatens. Cartwright has done some nice things this year, but not all the time. Full effort from Gatens every game and he is showing people, especially this fan base, that he isn't too bad with some other people around him.

it will depended on thre things
1; how many teams get in [6 or 7 teams]
2; what position Iowa finishes in [5th or 6th at worst]
3; .500 or over and Iowa gets in
non conference record will not have that big of an impact if 3 or more NonCon teams get into the dance
the wins over Michigan, Wiscy and Minny cancels out the loss to Campbell, who is currently 1 game out of 1st in their conference at 5-2 and 11-8 overall so that loss is not that bad as long as they keep winning

I'm with Jack... the fact we're even talking about this is fantastic. Can you imagine a thread like this a couple years ago?

This is fun! Hope they keep it up so it stays fun. Haven't really heard too much from the Debbie Downers, but when they start it up they can SUCKIT!

The conference has a very good RPI so I do think every team that ends up with a winning record in the Big Ten will go to the tournament. A couple of years ago a 10-8 Illinois team got left out but the Big Ten was down that year.

Latest posts