What position did you play in high school?

At first school I played receiver. But we ran the ball. I even was lined up in the backfield as a blocking wing a lot.

When I moved, I decided I wanted a chance to have the ball more, so I switched to RB. However, during pre-season camp, the district figured out the made a mistake with the district lines and sent our starting guard off to another school. Well, without telling us what was up, they had all the backs line up and run a drill where we ran around the end of the line and hit a guy holding a blocking pad. After knocking that guy down three times straight, I became the starting guard and ended up making all league.

I also played a strong safety/monster-back position. Basically blitzed every play.

At first school I played receiver. But we ran the ball. I even was lined up in the backfield as a blocking wing a lot.When I moved, I decided I wanted a chance to have the ball more, so I switched to RB. However, during pre-season camp, the district figured out the made a mistake with the district lines and sent our starting guard off to another school. Well, without telling us what was up, they had all the backs line up and run a drill where we ran around the end of the line and hit a guy holding a blocking pad. After knocking that guy down three times straight, I became the starting guard and ended up making all league.I also played a strong safety/monster-back position. Basically blitzed every play.

didnt read, im guessimg you rode the bench

1A school. Weighed 145 with my pads on. Played Center and was 2nd Team All Conference. Played DE too.

Well, without telling us what was up, they had all the backs line up and run a drill where we ran around the end of the line and hit a guy holding a blocking pad. After knocking that guy down three times straight, I became the starting guard and ended up making all league.

I was a TE/WR in junior high, and one day in practice the varsity coaches show up and have everyone on the team participate in drive-blocking drills. When I showed up for varsity football the following year, they had an OL number waiting for me. Moral of the story, it is wise to tank in blocking drills if you want to touch the ball.

But seriously, a common denominator across successful HS football teams, especially in small towns, is a coach who is smart enough, and enough of a motivator, to convince good athletes who could play skill positions to instead toil on the line. You need 2 or 3 good skill guys to have success, but you need 4 or 5 good OL.

LB and FB.. You still see alot of large schools that still play kids both ways. I don't like it. A large school should platoon. safety for the player and more kids play.

QB and MLB, then moved to WR.
Then moved to marching band because I was too small.

If we could have all stayed junior high size, I would have been an All-American. ;)