What Gopher fans are saying about Iowa and our state

EstronHawkKing

"I’m with the guys that mentioned the Children’s Hospital wave. That’s very classy. I do have to say, I’m surprised such classless fans as Iowa’s can take part in something so classy. It’s as if that’s their one good deed they’re willing to take part in 7 weeks of the year. Then they come here and disrespect our stadium and fans.
Never forget what the did to our Metrodome. The goal posts. The pissing on our concourse walls in front of everyone. I was just a little boy, and I witnessed grown drunk men pissing on the walls of the concourse as fans were leaving the dome. So much disrespect."

"The cold weather in the fall dampens the poop smell."

"They've been walking upright on their hind legs for at least a couple of generations now."

"Iowa's farmers produce much food that I like to eat. And their colleges produce many waiters and waitresses to come work in the Twin Cities to serve that food to me."

"Their cheerleaders can graze like nobody else."

"Two things always come to mind about Iowa:
1) They always play "fairly well." They almost never embarrass themselves by looking awful or overmatched. Conversely, they rarely look like dynamic world-beaters either. Most games, they seem to just kind of "hang around" and either win or lose at the end of the game.
2) They always seem tough to beat at Kinnick.
Going in to 2019, I thought they were the team to beat in the West. Now, if we take care of business against them, they'll be also-rans."

"They are out (for all intents and purposes) of the Big Ten race after a nail biter in Madison. The hangover plus the reality of a failed season could very well lead to a more lackluster effort. It’s certainly not unprecedented as I believe it was 2014 the Gophers destroyed them in Minneapolis.Very winnable game, but rivalry game so have to believe we’ll get their best despite their failures. For the Gophers an opportunity to end another mind numbing statistic and basically cement the west before we have to play Sconnie."

"Iowa tends to score about 20 or less. I would hope our defense holds them to around that again.Their defense doesn't allow a lot of points, but we score on most defenses. A tough 24-20 victory should be in the works for us if we don't turnover the ball too much."

"Unless Iowa scores 30, they are not winning this game."

"Iowa will be completely pumped to take out their highly ranked rival at home. The target is now on the Gophers back. Expect a dog fight."

"If we're as good as we hope we are, we win this game.Yes, Iowa is a very tough opponent, especially at Kinnick.
But (hopefully) we have raised our own aspirations above the level of being 'almost good enough'. We have put ourselves in position to aim much higher than that."

PJ has got them believing. And Kirk is chewing his gum saying it is hard to win the West. Both programs going in different directions.

But, I still like Iowa in this one. We own them and tend to win in this spot. The clowns thought they were all that to and we put a damper on their game day. I see the same thing happening there. It would not shock me if they make the BTT game now, the Gophers, but carrying an L from Iowa with them.

I think the spot is to big for them yet. We will be the best program they have faced on the road up to this point. If we don't throw in the towel, I like us

31-20

Meh, same ol' shit. Funny how Minnesotans all act like they live at the Guthrie and Walker. Nothing could be further from the truth. Constipated Scandinavians.

The people from the Twin Cities have the biggest god damned inferiority complex out of anyone who has ever walked the Earth. It is truly amazing. "Um, hey people from San Francisco and New York, you should know that we are not some flyover hicks. Just last year we elected the first gender nonbinary woman of color as the head of streets and sanitation of any major city in the US! See, we're soooo progressive just like you. Please tell me I'm cool, please tell me I'm cool."

I thought the pizzing on the walls of the concourse was hilarious. I never heard about that one. Has any other fan base made an opposing stadium their bitch like Iowa made the Metrodome its bitch! Not even close. ...and I'm not saying I'm proud of that, but, NOT EVEN CLOSE!!

I thought the pizzing on the walls of the concourse was hilarious. I never heard about that one. Has any other fan base made an opposing stadium their bitch like Iowa made the Metrodome its bitch! Not even close. ...and I'm not saying I'm proud of that, but, NOT EVEN CLOSE!!
and don't forget about the Iowa couple who had sex in one of the Metrodome's bathrooms during that 2002 game

109 November 14, 2015 Iowa City, IA #5 Iowa 40–35
110 October 8, 2016 Minneapolis, MN Iowa 14–7
111 October 28, 2017 Iowa City, IA Iowa 17–10
112 October 6, 2018 Minneapolis, MN Iowa 48–31

The people from the Twin Cities have the biggest god damned inferiority complex out of anyone who has ever walked the Earth. It is truly amazing. "Um, hey people from San Francisco and New York, you should know that we are not some flyover hicks. Just last year we elected the first gender nonbinary woman of color as the head of streets and sanitation of any major city in the US! See, we're soooo progressive just like you. Please tell me I'm cool, please tell me I'm cool."
It 's not for nothing that they say Edina stands for "Every Day I Need Attention"

I can’t imagine Minnesota is going to keep playing at this level. That was their first time being in the spotlight in a decade. Hard to come back down from a win like that. And the Hawks are angry with how they played against Wisconsin.

Being in the Kinnick environment and playing flat, Fleck and his boaters will be rowing with one oar by the end of the 1st quarter. Hawks win big!!!

Probably not unless it was in 1981. But I do remember some guys from our dorm in 1985 who went to Camp Randall that year and urinated in the corner in one of the ramps.

These guys were professionals. They routinely snuck kegs into the dorms and once stole the Greek letter £ from the brick front of the Sigma Kappa house.

I know that's not the actual Greek letter but it's close enough.

"They've been walking upright on their hind legs for at least a couple of generations now."

this one made me laugh.

According to sports radio up here, their students are already planning to return the favor.
We helped close down the Metrodome in style with a 55-0 barbecuing.

That is in the archives as what was once before is presently now and forever and will be always in the end.

and don't forget about the Iowa couple who had sex in one of the Metrodome's bathrooms during that 2002 game

Oh no, I didn't. That was part of it. That was not in 2002 though, that was years later. Not the same year as the goal posts. I was at the game of the bathroom fornication. NOT ME THOUGH!!

Probably not unless it was in 1981. But I do remember some guys from our dorm in 1985 who went to Camp Randall that year and urinated in the corner in one of the ramps.

These guys were professionals. They routinely snuck kegs into the dorms and once stole the Greek letter £ from the brick front of the Sigma Kappa house.

I know that's not the actual Greek letter but it's close enough.

We snuck kegs into Hillcrest using the big laundry tub/garbage can on wheels. We were not inconspicuous by any means but never got caught either.

We helped close down the Metrodome in style with a 55-0 barbecuing.

That is in the archives as what was once before is presently now and forever and will be always in the end.

My personal opinion was it was a little recruiting tip. I expect a lot of Minnesota fans at the game this weekend but not a large amount of students. I think the students that are going are seeking out other younger fans to get some numbers together for this little mission. They know Kinnick is an easy stadium to get onto and expect security won't be worried about them.

Oh no, I didn't. That was part of it. That was not in 2002 though, that was years later. Not the same year as the goal posts. I was at the game of the bathroom fornication. NOT ME THOUGH!!

I was there that year. 2008. Total drunken shit-show. Concourses were on the verge of full scale brawls. It felt very tribal that game. Usually I find Minnesota fans pretty friendly. How could you not be with a football program so laughable? They weren't that game but neither were Iowa fans.

Latest posts