what do you guys think about the frequency of night games in kinnick?

Night games suck. 11am is the best.

You're just mad because a few night games have ended with this behavior...

large_crowd.jpg

Any Hawk game at any time is fine with me!
11:00am start means.... bacon/eggs, Bloody Marys and many beers
2:30pm start means.... brats and many beers
7:00pm start means.... prime rib sammies and Crown and many beers
It's all good, boys and girl!:D

Put me in the like 1 a year and prefer 2:30 P.M. games crowd. 2:30 P.M. It makes it easier when traveling 1 1/2 hours. Not a fan or ever will be a fan of 11:00 A.M. games.

how do you call yourselves fans of iowa football and hate 11am games!? 11am start is signature, hawkeye tradition

how do you call yourselves fans of iowa football and hate 11am games!? 11am start is signature, hawkeye tradition

I think some are a bigger fan of alcohol than the Hawkeyes. The others who have to drive multiple hours to the game I can sympathize with. Getting up early is worth it for Iowa games to me, but I only have 1 1/2 hrs to drive.

I think because I haven't attended many games, I prefer 11 AM games. Because I'm going to watch the Hawkeyes no matter when they play, when they play in primetime, I miss every other primetime game. This means that I miss what is often the biggest game of the week. I think of the 2010 Penn State game. I watched the Iowa game, so I missed Stanford-Oregon, which was a great game. 1 primetime game per year is enough, but if I had my way, Iowa would play every week at 11 AM.

I don't really buy into the mystique of one night game per year. I don't want to be playing UNI at night by any stretch, but if Iowa is good and they have a strong home slate (2010 comes to mind), I'd love to see all the big games played at night. And scrap 11 a.m. games.

I do admit some bias, since I'm still a student and don't have to drive over an hour to get home after a night game.

I think some are a bigger fan of alcohol than the Hawkeyes. The others who have to drive multiple hours to the game I can sympathize with. Getting up early is worth it for Iowa games to me, but I only have 1 1/2 hrs to drive.

4 hour drive for me...but then again i am only lucky enough to make to one game a year these days.

Ahh, another youngster heard from. How refreshing! :)

Any of you pups even remember 1:05 PM kickoffs? They were the standard for a long time.

I have family members who are SEC (Tennessee) fans and I've noticed how often they have 6:00 games even for non conference scrub teams. I've always personally liked that Iowa has one night game a year as that game is kind of marked as it's own special event, but to me there's nothing like a crisp, cool fall saturday morning in Johnson County that gets me in the mood for college football. So what do you guys think? Should we have more night games ala the SEC or do you like the current format with one home night game a year?

Therein lies the difference. "Crisp" and "cool" do not exist in the morning in SEC country until mid-November at the earliest...until Missouri, of course.

Ahh, another youngster heard from. How refreshing! :)

Any of you pups even remember 1:05 PM kickoffs? They were the standard for a long time.

Unless CBS and Munchberg/Paraseghian were doing the game, in which case we seemed to get 2:30. Which made for some killer/memorable tailgates in the hawkeyebob62 Collegiate Era! (Think 1985 Michigan...and ask ColoradoHawkeye about the last 8 minutes of that game)

Unless CBS and Munchberg/Paraseghian were doing the game, in which case we seemed to get 2:30. Which made for some killer/memorable tailgates in the hawkeyebob62 Collegiate Era! (Think 1985 Michigan...and ask ColoradoHawkeye about the last 8 minutes of that game)

Where did you tailgate in '85? Me and my crew alternated between Field House Field and a private lot (yard) just east of 711 Melrose, where my GF's brothers and sisters congregated. Ahh, memories. :)

Being in the eastern time zone, I'm a fan of the 12:00 or 3:30 games. Leaves the evening open to do more.

Latest posts