"We're only Minnesota..."

--------Aaaaaaand off the deep end we go

In all seriousness though, his recruiting does almost border on racism when you actually look at where his base is....try and disagree with me....can you? He is Mr. White Middle America....."Johnny Letterjacket" is his go too in almost every instance.
You're still not serious.

Nice quibble with "almost" to throw out the race card while you can claim not calling him racist.

Unless KF's team is 70% white that would be just statistical America so if can't show his team is more lopsided than that you're just being idiotic

Let me take a line from the KF haters:

KF came from NFL as an assistant coach and he is a lazy, and hates, and is a horrible recruiter.

Lovie Woods came from the NFL as a head coach to a basketball school and is tireless, and loves, and is a great recruiter.

Recruiting points, stars, and rankings is a Whose Line Is It Anyway for college football ...

Everything is made up and the points don't matter.

Recruiting points, stars, and rankings is a Whose Line Is It Anyway for college football ...

Everything is made up and the points don't matter.

Yep. Outside the top 10-20 classes, it really doesn't matter. I'd take Wisconsin's 40 some ranked class each year over Tennessee's top 15 classes year over year. One school understands what they are as a program and the kids they need to win.....the other can't do shit with top flight players.

If you want to see me go apeshit, then give Iowa top 20 class and results identical to Iowa's now, or even worse.....

We just had a 12-2 season, and 20 wins over 2 years.

Sounds good until you also consider we are 4-5 against Top 20 teams in that same period.

We just had a 12-2 season, and 20 wins over 2 years.

Sounds good until you also consider we are 4-5 against Top 20 teams in that same period.

Ummmm, you do realize that most good schools go .500 or so vs top 20 right?

That also kind of blows the theory that we got that record by not playing anyone. Facing 9 top 20 teams over 27 games is 1/3 of your games vs top competition.

These are '15 and '16 games:

Wisconsin 4-6 vs top 20
Michigan 4-4 vs top 20
MSU 5-5 vs top 20
PSU 2-6 vs top 20
Nebraska 2-4 vs top 20 (talk about weak ass schedule, 6 top 20 teams in 2 years?)

Sometimes I don't think some on here even think about the rest of college football when they spout things. Nobody is going around playing top 20 teams all the time, and if a 1/3 of your schedule is top 20 teams that is more than legit. Also losing to top 20 teams is TYPICAL, that is what happens when you face good team, you lose some of them.

These top 20 games are just pulled off the ESPN schedule, and are teams that are top 20 when you play them, not end of season. I only did that, because that is what Carolina did as well, it was easy and quick to do.

Last edited:
I also stand by what I said, and I happen to be right.

Sorry, but a slight increase in the "points" awarded for Eno, Holmes and Corrales over our current guys isn't getting the class to a top 20 class.

It isn't like we get awarded all new points that weren't there, we simply would have gotten a few extra points from going from Bryant to Eno. So 30 extra points for Eno, 30 extra for Holmes and what 15 for Corrales? That would bump the class from #42 to like #36 for Rivals. Heck I'll even give you Calloway and his 120 rivals points, we would then lose Creamers 75 rival points. So a net gains of another 45 points. That would put us at #34, still a LONG, LONG ways from anything near top 20. Heck that still leaves us 200 points short of the #20 class.

You don't think holding onto Eno, Holmes, Calloway, and Corrales would have helped bring in other high ranked recruits?
Why do you assume we wouldn't have pulled in more over these last few months?

You don't think holding onto Eno, Holmes, Calloway, and Corrales would have helped bring in other high ranked recruits?

Why didn't AJ bring in higher rated guys then? There is just no way at all to know if that would have happened. Yet I doubt Eno brings in a Scott Nelson, or Van Ginkel, or anyone else for that matter. Heck even his buddies didn't follow him to ASU.

Maybe, maybe not. While the staff, who have been summarily dismissed, did mess up with Eno, the guy ended up at ASU with offers from just about everywhere, I'm still not convinced he wouldn't have chose that anyway. We'll never know. Holmes would have been a great get, so i'll even put that one on the staff. The other 2, meh.

One could ask why we would have assumed we would have pulled any more with Eno.

I still seriously doubt we would have cracked the top 20, or even top 25. And as stated, the real return difference on #21 rank to #40 is minimal, if not non existent. However, averaging in the upper 40's-'50's over an extended period makes being anything more than a .600 - .700 program in a P5 almost impossible. What's really weird is that we still find a way to do that fairly often. Now...if all else can hold true (based on what we have done with what has been mid 50's ranked classes), what we could expect with mid 30's ranked classes, or slightly better)

All that said,IMO, What's the most important is maintaining a level of recruiting in the 25-40 range(with an occaisonal outlier), minimizing attrition, and getting results on the field, or a sustained 3-5 year level. This is something Iowa has not done, maybe ever, and with it, we could see a jump to the top 1/4 of the conference on a sustained basis.

Because he seemed hell bent on getting other kids to follow him here.
And it appears he was having some success.
AJ wasn't doing that.

Fair enough. But how many followed him to ASU.

Would have loved to have him, and I think he slightly bumps the class, I just really question how much pull he, or any recruit, has when it comes down to it.

I love it when the players promote their school they've committed, and potentially open doors for the staff, but I think that's where it ends. Maybe I'm dead wrong, but how many kids make this decision on what a another kid does. If they do...to me there's a red flag there.

Because he seemed hell bent on getting other kids to follow him here.
And it appears he was having some success.
AJ wasn't doing that.

AJ didn't do a lot of things Eno did. I'm not saying I blame Eno, I'm saying I appreciate how AJ did things. Just because twitter doesn't say AJ wasn't promoting Iowa with mad sweet emojis, doesn't mean he wasn't.

I'll take this one, dean-o:

The fact they ended up going to several different schools pretty much says they weren't as "cohesive" as you might want to believe. And what other high-ranked guys did each of them pull to their respective schools?

...a phrase Fleck will never utter. Already steamrolling Ferentz on the recruiting trail. Nabbed our two recent WR targets--recruits Iowa desperately needs.

Rivals has Iowa ranked as the #39 recruiting class. They have Minnesota as #54. (And Iowa St as #45)

247 has Iowa ranked as the #41 recruiting class (but do not include Smith-Marsette or Nixon). They have Minnesota as #58 (And Iowa St as #52)

Tell me again how Fleck is going to outrecruit Ferentz.

When did Ferentz ever say, "We're only Minnesota"?

I mean it's pretty obvious we're not but ....

Let me take a line from the KF haters:

KF came from NFL as an assistant coach and he is a lazy, and hates, and is a horrible recruiter.

Lovie Woods came from the NFL as a head coach to a basketball school and is tireless, and loves, and is a great recruiter.
Well, it is his name. So, . . . he's got that on Kirk (which, come to think of it has 4 letters, the same number as the word "hate"; you know, these guys might be on to something). I'll keep a look out for more clues on how Ferentz is slowly, subtly ruining the football program.

Latest posts