"We're only Minnesota..."

I'l be honest.. I did enjoy his interview on B1G Football and Beyond. Full of energy, and fire. Kind of coach kids want to play for.

And no, I'm not dogging on Kirk Ferentz. Just pointing out that I enjoy coaches with high energy and fire.

Be prepared for Fleck to get a pretty good recruiting haul next year ('18 class). Most guys like him can come in and sell really well right out the shoot. Kind of like Matt Campbells class this year. I like to take shots at ISU, but that is a pretty solid job out of Matt considering that program has won 11 games over the last 4 years. That first year they can sell "hope" or being "Elite".

Of course longer term is a totally different story. Rhoads came out and won 6 and 7 games right away, but couldn't sustain it. Tim Brewster came in and his first full class had the #17 rated class, and couldn't win. The Zookster came in and got the #33, #21, #23 class, but couldn't sustain winning.

It takes more than getting a few good recruiting classes to win in college football. I just don't think the Fleckster should be crowned anything before we see what he can do over 3-4 years.....and no a good recruiting class or two isn't going to impress me.

Let me take a line from the KF haters:

KF came from NFL as an assistant coach and he is a lazy, and hates, and is a horrible recruiter.

Lovie Woods came from the NFL as a head coach to a basketball school and is tireless, and loves, and is a great recruiter.

Lovie Woods? I know its obvious you meant Lovie Smith, the current head coach at Illinios, but just for my own curiosity, I am trying to remember who Lovie Woods is. That name sounds familiar.

Lovie Woods? I know its obvious you meant Lovie Smith, the current head coach at Illinios, but just for my own curiosity, I am trying to remember who Lovie Woods is. That name sounds familiar.
o_O
Love child of Lovie and Lamar? :oops:

Latest posts