"We're only Minnesota..."

I have no idea if Fleck is a good recruiter or not. His first class won't be any indication of that, either way. You'll have to wait until his next class to see if he can recruit good talent or not.

ah yes, the personal attack in lieu of a contrary argument or opinion.

Where is the personal attack in what he said? That you need a long vacation to get over it all?

Da haters are Da professionals at Da personal attacks. If you say anything at all to defend the program, you are rained down on with personal insults and attacks. If you say, Iowa played well and beat Michigan, you will be mocked as if Michigan wanted to play poorly that game.

It is the same as it ever was really. We just had a 12-2 season, and 20 wins over 2 years. If you listened to Da Haters one would think the program was ISU level bad with 2 or 3 wins a season.

Where is the personal attack in what he said? That you need a long vacation to get over it all?

Da haters are Da professionals at Da personal attacks. If you say anything at all to defend the program, you are rained down on with personal insults and attacks. If you say, Iowa played well and beat Michigan, you will be mocked as if Michigan wanted to play poorly that game.

It is the same as it ever was really. We just had a 12-2 season, and 20 wins over 2 years. If you listened to Da Haters one would think the program was ISU level bad with 2 or 3 wins a season.
On the recruiting front, just as bad so you got that right.

I could recruit better than both Fleck and Ferentz. As long as someone told me who the players to go after were lol. I would have shown up at Martins door with Michael Phelps in heel. I bet he would have verballed right then and there.

Ferments recruiting practices are a joke....which makes him a joke, All he dreams of is winning the Big Ten West....NOTHING more. And he lives to try and do it by "coaching up" so he can try and show off....actually doing it with top notch recruits would take away his fun. The guy is s selfish and prickly jerk.....just because he donates a small portion of his millions to the U of I hospital, everyone thinks he's a great guy. Put me down as not fooled....not after he gets caught trying to sneak Brain into subsidized housing....that can NEVER be explained away or forgiven.

Some of you need to go on a long vacation..... if you don't like what's going on..... so get over yourselves. Three straight comments directed toward people...not ideas or opinions he disagrees with. Basic rhetoric. Nothing close to Icke...but, well... what is?

Playmaker Your personal attacks on Coach are ridiculous,you need to find a different team,Iowa Hawkeyes don't seem to be a good fit for you.Not going to have a long life if all you can do is be negative.Either embrace the team and coaches that are here or move on.Lets try and get behind the players and coaches as their putting all of the work in to become better.Go Hawks

Last edited:
...a phrase Fleck will never utter. Already steamrolling Ferentz on the recruiting trail. Nabbed our two recent WR targets--recruits Iowa desperately needs.

If you've ever watched or heard Fleck, you know right away he's going to out-recruit Ferentz with regularity. He's a salesman and he's good at it. Ferentz isn't.

Playmaker Your personal attacks on Coach are ridiculous,you need to find a different team,Iowa Hawkeyes don't seem to be a good fit for you.Not going to have a long life if all you can do is be negative.Either embrace the team and coaches that are here or move on.Lets try and get behind the players and coaches as their putting all of the work in to become better.Go Hawks

No he is not or else he would actually try to recuit and not just show off his diamonds in the rough, you know the few he gets every year while most of them fall flat on their faces...

If you've ever watched or heard Fleck, you know right away he's going to out-recruit Ferentz with regularity. He's a salesman and he's good at it. Ferentz isn't.
Ron Zook outrecruited Ferentz too. Maybe we should hire Zooker to be the head coach. He's probably available.

...a phrase Fleck will never utter. Already steamrolling Ferentz on the recruiting trail. Nabbed our two recent WR targets--recruits Iowa desperately needs.

KFs real recruiting problems are self inflicted. Guys like B Banks aren't at IA because KF doesn't recruit MS JCs...KF has bought into a narrative that a certain kind of player "fits" the Iowa way. The elephant in the room is that the player who fits now is more often rural and mid western than in the past ...and KFs rosters are reflecting this change. KF has significantly narrowed the demographics of the Iowa roster currently compared to the early 2000s

Ron Zook outrecruited Ferentz too. Maybe we should hire Zooker to be the head coach. He's probably available.

Most coaches in the B1G and the Power 5 in general can out-recruit Ferentz. Does that mean we should hire those guys as well? I'm not bashing all things Kirk, but I haven't been shy about my opinions regarding his weakness which include recruiting and anything QB & WR related.

Iowa may not defend the spread offense well but Fleck is not going to be successful against the Big 10 as a whole with that offense. When Fleck proves himself by winning in the Big 10 I will give him respect. How many coaches has Minny had that talked about the big changes they're making. Remember Lou Holtz.

He just has to model the program after WI. Have a system in place that the players buy into. Beat the teams you are supposed to on a highly consistent basis, and then have a better than average record against the tougher teams in your division (Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Northwestern) and get to the title game. Also, take advantage of timing. WI took advantage of both PSU and OSU sanctions. 3 straight Rose Bowls, and they seem to ALWAYS be in the title game.

Iowa could have been there too, but more times than not we can't put away the lower level teams consistently.

LOL man, this was never a top 20 class. The only reason it was as high as it was because at that time we had like 15 recruits and most other teams had 5-10.

You put Eno, Calloway, Holmes and Corrales on the team and take aways the RB recruit we get to replace Eno, the DB we get to replace Calloway, Max Cooper and Marchese and this STILL isn't close to a top 20 class.

Some of you really need to at least understand the fundamental aspects of recruiting before you spout shit that has ZERO basis in fact.
Yeah that's exactly what it was too. It was kinda like the polls are early on. They just don't mean a thing till the end anyway.

Iowa may not defend the spread offense well but Fleck is not going to be successful against the Big 10 as a whole with that offense. When Fleck proves himself by winning in the Big 10 I will give him respect. How many coaches has Minny had that talked about the big changes they're making. Remember Lou Holtz.
I know he had a stud receiver last yr but other than that I know nothing about him and what offense he'll be running. Is a spread guy then? If your going to be running spread or basketball on grass you need a stud QB and 2 or 3 receivers. Purdue when they had Brees and the Altoona kid I won't name by name were pretty good with it. But to me it's just a tough to sustain type of thing. I can't see an airing it out type of offense working up there in that outdoor stadium late in the year all the time.

Latest posts