Wegher

watch all 5:30. Give me Wegher and his upside over Coker/Weisman any day of the week.

Who said anything about Coker and Weisman? Yeah Id take Wegher over them too. Big deal. Weisman was a full back and Coker was the slowest back Ive ever seen.

No one in their right mind would take Wegher as a RB over Albert Young even after two knee surgeries.

If Wegher has any chance at the NFL it will as a pass catcher not a ball carrier.

if true it was probably in relation to him not attending school - or understanding the 'student' in student-athlete. there is a reason he left iowa...perhaps the coaching staff was trying to garner his 'attention' -

It was due to the fact that there was no way he was taking carries away form Jewel Hampton.

Who said anything about Coker and Weisman? Yeah Id take Wegher over them too. Big deal. Weisman was a full back and Coker was the slowest back Ive ever seen.

No one in their right mind would take Wegher as a RB over Albert Young even after two knee surgeries.

If Wegher has any chance at the NFL it will as a pass catcher not a ball carrier.

Bruh, let it go.......let it go man. No one is saying he would have been the next Barry Sanders. You are dismissing his skills as if he was some sort of scrub. Let's see what happens with Tampa if Doug Martin is the guy.......I dunno, if I am BW odds are against you, but there are far worse spots you could have landed to try and get a roster spot.

Did you not watch the entire thing or just the ISU highlights? He had over 100 yards in against GT in the bowl game for crying out loud that was a long time after the ISU game... The kid had a great season not just a couple games. He wasn't a dancer. He had great vision he was quick to hit the holes and cut back lanes. He put his head down to get extra yards didn't just dance out of bounds without putting a shoulder into you. He will be a big time "what could have been" type of kid....

Sure did. Good acceleration and pass catching but overall, for a highlight reel? Meh.

Ive already seen every single carry of that season multiple times.

Highlights are nice but the majority of his carries were running to the edge and never making a cut.

You could put together just as good of a highlight reel for most D1 running backs with as many carries as he got.

Just because Iowa fans have had to watch slower than normal RBs the last few years it seems to have clouded their judgment, that and allot of people had made up their minds Wegher was going to be a great player before he actually played because he was a white 4* running back from Iowa.

Better suited as a slot guy IMO.

Saw he ran a 4.51 forty time... which is .01 faster then Gordon did for whatever that's worth... It's worth the foot in the door he's got now anyway. Carolina seems to get their RBs hurt all the time and didn't they let DeAngelo Williams go this yr? Since he's got good hands and is versatile enough to be a returner too he's at least got a snow balls chance anyway. We'll see...

Is his brother still a super recruit training at a top secret performance facility in florida until signing day?

Saw he ran a 4.51 forty time... which is .01 faster then Gordon did for whatever that's worth.[/QUOTE

I ran a 4.5 as a freshman D3 basketball player, for whatever that's worth. Really. Hand timed. I coulda signed with the panthers, probably ran over them mountains too

Saw he ran a 4.51 forty time... which is .01 faster then Gordon did for whatever that's worth... It's worth the foot in the door he's got now anyway. Carolina seems to get their RBs hurt all the time and didn't they let DeAngelo Williams go this yr? Since he's got good hands and is versatile enough to be a returner too he's at least got a snow balls chance anyway. We'll see...

DeAngelo Williams is a Steeler.

DeAngelo Williams is a Steeler.
I did find that out later after I'd wrote that. He'll look weird in their uniform. He was a Panther a long time but should be a good fit being a change of pace back to Bell/replace him while he's suspended.

I did find that out later after I'd wrote that. He'll look weird in their uniform. He was a Panther a long time but should be a good fit being a change of pace back to Bell/replace him while he's suspended.

Don't think it matters the schedule is brutal: AFC/NFC west, division games, plus the colts and patriots. Bell picked the wrong year to figure out that you can get an DUI for being high.

Jake and Willies weren't the first screw ups involving offensive players during the KF era. The screw up concerning Wegher, for example, happened much sooner.

I attribute some poster's apathy to the love of kfootball. That the way the game is played is the most important. More important than winning... Meh. You've gotten what you've deserved, IMO.

Jake and Willies weren't the first screw ups involving offensive players during the KF era. The screw up concerning Wegher, for example, happened much sooner.

I attribute some poster's apathy to the love of kfootball. That the way the game is played is the most important. More important than winning... Meh. You've gotten what you've deserved, IMO.

Wegher's departure from Iowa has nothing to do with 'kfootball'.

Wegher's lack of playing time was due to kfootball. Was he not big enough? Did he not block pass rushers enough? Did he bounce to the outside too much? And just how many of those reasons had to do with winning yet some of these were most likely reasons for Wegher's lack of playing time. I'm reminding everyone Wegher played at halfback for one season-his true freshman season.

I'll say one of kfootball's greatest weaknesses is the inability to mold itself to player's abilities. Not only will the Iowa athlete have to be athletic, they'll have to exhibit a certain type of game... the kfootball game... and everyone else will be spit out.

Last edited:
Wegher's lack of playing time was due to kfootball. Was he not big enough? Did he not block pass rushers enough? Did he bounce to the outside too much? And just how many of those reasons had to do with winning yet some of these were most likely reasons for Wegher's lack of playing time. I'm reminding everyone Wegher played at halfback for one season-his true freshman season.

I'll say one of kfootball's greatest weaknesses is the inability to mold itself to player's abilities. Not only will the Iowa athlete have to be athletic, they'll have to exhibit a certain type of game... the kfootball game... and everyone else will be spit out.

Adam Robinson was just as if not more effective that year that he and BW split carries.

The next year both of them would have been fighting for the backup minutes to Hampton.

Adam Robinson was just as if not more effective that year that he and BW split carries.

The next year both of them would have been fighting for the backup minutes to Hampton.
Your right about Arob having a great year too and that's why they split carries. I'm not so sold on if Hampton would have been the man hands down so much. Weghers potential was pretty darn high. It was a 3 horse race that we'll never know how it would have played out now... The what ifs of those few years are just off the charts.

Iowa was unable to keep Wegher. Was unable to keep Hampton. Settled, IMO, with the prototypical preferred running back (ARob) of the KF era.. slow, big, runs between the tackles, and is his own blocker..

One reason why, IMO, Iowa has such a hard time recruiting. Iowa chews players up and spits them out. Not once will the system try to use the athleticism the player possesses unless its done 'the right way'.

Who's way is the right way, anyway? Why doesn't the desire to win have a say?

Last edited:
Would have loved the consistency if Wegher would have stayed for four years. Might of had a couple extra wins over the years.