Wegher is back-

I love how some people always ask for a link to an Internet source. God forbid people still have verbal conversations in this world. I think if the OP had read this online he would have posted the source.

I think it is a perfectly legitimate question. Something I do all of the time in my daily life. I hear something from someone, I then ask, "who did you hear that from?". I don't see anything wrong with that.

This entire Wegher situation is very touchy. There are dozens of rumors out there. If someone comes out and says something to the effect that they know he is back in IC, then it is only normal to ask where they heard that from. Brandon himself? His dad? His dog? A friend of a friend? Depending on the source, I might be more apt or left apt to believe them. No harm, just asking where he heard it. That is all. No big deal.

wait, dougie's being condescending? Noooooooo wayyyyyyyyy.

I don't actually know which I dislike more: condescending shadas or presumptuous a-hole shadas. both are terrible and lacking really any social skills or likable characteristics, but I just can't put my finger on which one is worse,

maybe a poll is in order?

I was a volunteer grad assist in the 80's at Iowa. I know several coaches current and former. I also have several connections in the Athletic department that go back 10, 20 or more years. I also know several coaches at other Universities.

I will never ever quote a source naming them. Anyone that thinks so is brain damaged.

I have been in the Athletic department when a coach got a call telling him that a recruit was going to commit. Later the same day or next day the kid commited elsewhere. So things happen- get used to it.

I do not and will not ask specific questions. I am told something or a conversation takes place with me around- that is how it works.

you could have at least gotten a pic of him so we know for sure its true:)

actually, i just think he's really pretty...wait what?

I was a volunteer grad assist in the 80's at Iowa. I know several coaches current and former. I also have several connections in the Athletic department that go back 10, 20 or more years. I also know several coaches at other Universities.

I will never ever quote a source naming them. Anyone that thinks so is brain damaged.

I have been in the Athletic department when a coach got a call telling him that a recruit was going to commit. Later the same day or next day the kid commited elsewhere. So things happen- get used to it.

I do not and will not ask specific questions. I am told something or a conversation takes place with me around- that is how it works.

thawks1, thanks for the explainer and your reporting. Let me rephrase my question posed in this thread more directly: any idea whether BW is talking with the coaches about the reasons for his absence and asking to be accepted back in good graces, or is it other business, such as concern about PT with apparently A-Rob and Hampton ahead of him and/or possibly a transfer?

thawks1, thanks for the explainer and your reporting. Let me rephrase my question posed in this thread more directly: any idea whether BW is talking with the coaches about the reasons for his absence and asking to be accepted back in good graces, or is it other business, such as concern about PT with apparently A-Rob and Hampton ahead of him and/or possibly a transfer?

I'm sure the Captain will address that on Saturday...at least I hope he will.

The number of failed one liner attempts in this thread is pretty alarming. I would expect more from several of you.

thawks, thank you for the response. I appreciate the insight and would never ask for specific names either. Thanks again!

I believe it has been reported that KF said he will address the issue Saturday by various media outlets.

I have no inside information, but I highly doubt he will be back before Saturday when the media would be allowed to pounce. That is just a guess.

I have no inside information, but I highly doubt he will be back before Saturday when the media would be allowed to pounce. That is just a guess.

If KF is waiting until Saturday to discuss and BW is not spotted at practice by that time, I would have my doubts he'll be returning this year. But that's my guess.

If KF is waiting until Saturday to discuss and BW is not spotted at practice by that time, I would have my doubts he'll be returning this year. But that's my guess.

If BW is going to take a LOA, it's certainly possible that he may just need a week or two away from practice to get things squared away, then he'll be back and ready to go. After Jon's post a couple days ago stating that the didn't think it was likely that BW would miss any time, I started thinking that a couple weeks off might be what will happen.

If BW is going to take a LOA, it's certainly possible that he may just need a week or two away from practice to get things squared away, then he'll be back and ready to go. After Jon's post a couple days ago stating that the didn't think it was likely that BW would miss any time, I started thinking that a couple weeks off might be what will happen.

I somewhat agree with this but at the same time if this was the case why doesn't the universtiy release something to shut the rumor mill down? All they would need to say is "We have given Brandon a leave from the team at this time and he will be rejoining us when he is ready". That would pretty much shut everybody up. The silence coming from Iowa City is deafening however and that is why the rumor mill keeps chugging along.

Latest posts