Wegher is back-

I somewhat agree with this but at the same time if this was the case why doesn't the universtiy release something to shut the rumor mill down? All they would need to say is "We have given Brandon a leave from the team at this time and he will be rejoining us when he is ready". That would pretty much shut everybody up. The silence coming from Iowa City is deafening however and that is why the rumor mill keeps chugging along.

I'm not sure. Maybe Wegher hasn't really laid out his plans in detail to even the coaching staff (or at least didn't until his meeting yesterday) yet? Or he did tell them what he needs yesterday, and the university is just going to let Ferentz handle it on Saturday. I don't really know, those are just guesses (and I'm not gonna say they are educated guesses, either).

I somewhat agree with this but at the same time if this was the case why doesn't the universtiy release something to shut the rumor mill down? All they would need to say is "We have given Brandon a leave from the team at this time and he will be rejoining us when he is ready". That would pretty much shut everybody up. The silence coming from Iowa City is deafening however and that is why the rumor mill keeps chugging along.
Why should the university have to go out of their way to stop message board rumors? They're dealing with a very personal situation, and it's really none of our business what's going on.

Why should the university have to go out of their way to stop message board rumors? They're dealing with a very personal situation, and it's really none of our business what's going on.

At what point does all the media attention become a distraction to the team? As long as it doesn't i couldn't care less what i know.

I doubt it does here. I'm sure they know what's going on and are respecting his privacy.

You don't think every media source in the state isn't trying to figure out what is going on?

You don't think every time the players are out in public or even with their friends (that aren't on the team) they are getting asked about Wegher?

so they come out and say he is taking a leave of absence. what does that solve? you don't think people will still be stirring up rumors as to WHY he's taking that leave of absence. i give you this site as an example.

let it go...we will know when the coaches and university are damn well ready to let us know

so they come out and say he is taking a leave of absence. what does that solve? you don't think people will still be stirring up rumors as to WHY he's taking that leave of absence. i give you this site as an example.

let it go...we will know when the coaches and university are damn well ready to let us know

Valid point. Eventually it will go away though (assuming he takes a LOA) might as well get that over with.

Like I said as long as our guys have their heads on (and i trust they do) I don't care

You don't think every media source in the state isn't trying to figure out what is going on?

You don't think every time the players are out in public or even with their friends (that aren't on the team) they are getting asked about Wegher?
Who cares? It's being handled internally, as it should be. Athletes have to deal with fans asking dumb questions all the time so if they're not being asked about Wegher, they're probably being asked if AC smells good.

Who cares? It's being handled internally, as it should be. Athletes have to deal with fans asking dumb questions all the time so if they're not being asked about Wegher, they're probably being asked if AC smells good.

If you don't understand the difference in answering those 2 questions i can't really help ya.

I have been talking to fans of other teams and they are shocked about the way Iowa is able to control their information. It had been pretty funny talking to them, because their reality and our reality are so radically different.

Here are some of my favorite comments.
And the local press lets them get away with that?
Don't the players tweet?
There must be reporters asking players questions after practice.
That must impact the kinds of players they can't get to go there.

At what point does all the media attention become a distraction to the team? As long as it doesn't i couldn't care less what i know.

I've only seen like three media articles about this- it's more a message board distraction than a news or team distraction. Time to get on with our lives and let the kid get his stuff done.

I find it slightly amusing that people think it has an effect on the team. They are Iowa Hawkeye football players. They live in Iowa City. They get recognized and are asked questions everywhere they go. So what about the Wegher situation...it's the same day, just a different question.

You think Clayborn, Klug, Ballard, and Binns are thinking: "Oh my god...I can't concentrate on beating my guy and getting to the quarterback because everyone keeps asking me about a sophomore that doesn't even play defense"?

If you don't understand the difference in answering those 2 questions i can't really help ya.
If you don't understand they're going to be bothered by idiot fans regardless, I can't help you. As long as they know what's going on, which I'm quite sure they do, there really is no difference for them.

No I doubt everytime they go out in public they are being asked about Wegher. Probably 75% of Iowa fans don't even realize anything is going on with him. Most fans are not the people on here that post on message boards all day and look for any bit of information they can find.

I have been talking to fans of other teams and they are shocked about the way Iowa is able to control their information. It had been pretty funny talking to them, because their reality and our reality are so radically different.

Don't the players tweet?

If anything I think this would be a positive since I'm sure college kids don't want to spend all their time getting hounded by media about the personal life of one of their teammates.

No I doubt everytime they go out in public they are being asked about Wegher. Probably 75% of Iowa fans don't even realize anything is going on with him. Most fans are not the people on here that post on message boards all day and look for any bit of information they can find.

Exactly...since this is barely being covered by the papers the vast majority of fans dont think its a very big deal

Don't the players tweet?

Because KF doesnt tell the press anything that impacts the recruits they get? I dont see it

As far as twitter goes my guess is within 12 months most college athletes wont be allowed to use it

I've only seen like three media articles about this- it's more a message board distraction than a news or team distraction. Time to get on with our lives and let the kid get his stuff done.

I've seen news reports on it on all local stations in Des Moines

I find it slightly amusing that people think it has an effect on the team. They are Iowa Hawkeye football players. They live in Iowa City. They get recognized and are asked questions everywhere they go. So what about the Wegher situation...it's the same day, just a different question.

You think Clayborn, Klug, Ballard, and Binns are thinking: "Oh my god...I can't concentrate on beating my guy and getting to the quarterback because everyone keeps asking me about a sophomore that doesn't even play defense"?

I'm not saying it is a problem, just that i hope it doesn't become one.

Latest posts