Wegher is back-

No I doubt everytime they go out in public they are being asked about Wegher. Probably 75% of Iowa fans don't even realize anything is going on with him. Most fans are not the people on here that post on message boards all day and look for any bit of information they can find.

that may have been a little excessive.

I've seen news reports on it on all local stations in Des Moines

In which they said pretty much exactly what the news articles said. They haven't created a special segment during the broadcast called "Wegher Watch", or anything like that. Pretty much nobody but people like us are too concerned about it.

In which they said pretty much exactly what the news articles said. They haven't created a special segment during the broadcast called "Wegher Watch", or anything like that. Pretty much nobody but people like us are too concerned about it.

That very well could be and I hope it is the case.

Back to the topic and what the OP said. Take it for what it's worth but somebody on another board said they work in downtown IC and they saw Wegher back in town this afternoon. She said she got a clear look at him. If true, it certainly backs up what the OP stated.

Back to the topic and what the OP said. Take it for what it's worth but somebody on another board said they work in downtown IC and they saw Wegher back in town this afternoon. She said she got a clear look at him. If true, it certainly backs up what the OP stated.

Considering the OP's reputation, that's more than good enough for me.

Agreed, but when you get somebody else saying it too it sounds even better. Hopefully that means things are moving in the right direction.

No lol that's what I meant. Considering the OP's reputation+another person (who works downtown) saying they saw him today, that's enough to tell me he is in fact in Iowa City.

taking the word of a woman as gospel...ballsy...

:p(i hope we know that was a joke)

I find it slightly amusing that people think it has an effect on the team. They are Iowa Hawkeye football players. They live in Iowa City. They get recognized and are asked questions everywhere they go. So what about the Wegher situation...it's the same day, just a different question.

You think Clayborn, Klug, Ballard, and Binns are thinking: "Oh my god...I can't concentrate on beating my guy and getting to the quarterback because everyone keeps asking me about a sophomore that doesn't even play defense"?

I find it absolutely amusing that you don't think something like this can be a distraction to the team. Do you honestly believe the rape investigation of Satterfield and Everson wasn't a distraction to the team in 2007 when Iowa got beat by Western Michigan. Do you honestly believe that Dominique Douglas and Anthony Bowman and Arvell Nelson and James Cleveland's crap during the 06 and 07 seasons wasn't a distraction? If not, then you better wake up and smell the coffee.

These type of things can absolutely be a distraction to the chemistry of a football team.

Oh but wait. Clayborn and Binns and Ballard and Klug will perform great no matter what, right?

I find it absolutely amusing that you don't think something like this can be a distraction to the team. Do you honestly believe the rape investigation of Satterfield and Everson wasn't a distraction to the team in 2007 when Iowa got beat by Western Michigan. Do you honestly believe that Dominique Douglas and Anthony Bowman and Arvell Nelson and James Cleveland's crap during the 06 and 07 seasons wasn't a distraction? If not, then you better wake up and smell the coffee.

These type of things can absolutely be a distraction to the chemistry of a football team.

Oh but wait. Clayborn and Binns and Ballard and Klug will perform great no matter what, right?

If these situations were even remotely similiar than you might have a point. But no, there's no on going criminal investigation here, it's one kid going through some personal problems. If he's there great, if he's gone the team will move on. This has been going on for a few days, it's not going to drag on all semester. And yes this won't affect our DL play one bit.

Latest posts