Wegher is back-

Actually I doubt the players are being bothered by the public at all considering they're not really allowed to be in the public during camp. BW has some thinking to do, and I have a hunch he's going to have to decide whether or not he wants to do what it takes to EARN anything from his coaches and teammates.

Good info TH. Any further updates are appreciated! :)

I find it absolutely amusing that you don't think something like this can be a distraction to the team. Do you honestly believe the rape investigation of Satterfield and Everson wasn't a distraction to the team in 2007 when Iowa got beat by Western Michigan. Do you honestly believe that Dominique Douglas and Anthony Bowman and Arvell Nelson and James Cleveland's crap during the 06 and 07 seasons wasn't a distraction? If not, then you better wake up and smell the coffee.

These type of things can absolutely be a distraction to the chemistry of a football team.

Oh but wait. Clayborn and Binns and Ballard and Klug will perform great no matter what, right?

Wegher is a TR SO. He's not one of the leaders on the team.

The 2010 team leaders will make sure the squad has their heads on right. I'm not worried.

Personal issues crop up on football squads more than fans know ... it's just that the expectations held by Iowa fans have blown the whole Wegher affair out of proportion. Furthermore, the fact that Wegher was a promising RB probably feeds the flames too.

If Wegher was a FB, the folks on the board would probably care less. Nevermind that we have 2 highly qualified guys who are starter-worthy in their own right ....

Wegher is a TR SO. He's not one of the leaders on the team.

The 2010 team leaders will make sure the squad has their heads on right. I'm not worried.

Personal issues crop up on football squads more than fans know ... it's just that the expectations held by Iowa fans have blown the whole Wegher affair out of proportion. Furthermore, the fact that Wegher was a promising RB probably feeds the flames too.

If Wegher was a FB, the folks on the board would probably care less. Nevermind that we have 2 highly qualified guys who are starter-worthy in their own right ....

"the fact that Wegher IS a promising RB probably feeds the flames too."

I fixed it...

I'm not as sure as most that the OP, original poster, is the Thawk with the long rep and good sources. Look more closely. IAre they one and the same, or is this some near-name knock-off new poster?

I'm just asking.

I'm not as sure as most that the OP, original poster, is the Thawk with the long rep and good sources. Look more closely. IAre they one and the same, or is this some near-name knock-off new poster?

I'm just asking.

iahawk20 vouched for him in this thread. I'm assuming that he would know if it were the right guy, so I'm taking his word for it.

so I have been off the grid for the last week or so, and not to start the rumor mill all over again, but what have I missed? (please do not ban me Jon!!!)

a couple to me doesn't necessarily mean 2. i was more-so saying the big deal is he's missed practices and that's all we know at this point.

kind of nitpicking my words there

A couple? I wasn't aware he was back in pads running in the summer heat. If he is, that's news.

There is a rumor circulating IC that he is back in pads but I havent been able to find anything to verify it. We will all know more tomorrow (or at least as much as KF wants us to know)

gotcha, and the reason for the ban on threads is because everybody was guessing why he was missing, yet no one know for sure?

Precisely. And some of the rumors were getting ridiculous, and rather personal. So Jon has the banhammer waiting to pounce on any thread speculating as to the reason why Wegher missed practice.

correct. lots of ridiculous stuff was being said or presumed and it was pretty saddening actually.

so wegher has missed a couple practices is all there is to know FOR SURE

I'm just asking.

Pretty sure he is the original Thawks. His explanation of where and how he gets his info is same he was giving 10 years ago or whenever it was I joined the boards.

Latest posts