Wednesday Presser Predictions

I think it's a bit of a mob mentality thing, but today, someone I know well who knows big money donors better told me he heard from two of three of them and the convo was about Kirk retiring on Wednesday....I don't believe it, as why would you release a two deep and then say you are having a presser, then retire at that presser...it didn't make sense to me. Then I heard from another person I know not to be crazy, who has heard the same.

I want to be clear; I am not buying it...otherwise I'd start a thread or write a story. But it was pretty coincidental today.

bump. i didnt see this until tonight

If KF retires look for Sally Mason to show how serious she is about the athletic department by appointing a search committee comprised only of key faculty members in the Rhetoric Department.
Priceless, HW

The only way he retires is if this was a decision that was made in the last 4 days. You don't put out the depth chart and statement that was released last Thursday unless you are 100% committed to returning for next season.
Exactly right.

First person Barta should call is Mike Norvell - ASU Offensive Coordinator

***See how exciting it is to think it may be true***

Ok....breathe deeply Playmaker...relax. Now, my fears are the cluster that will be all of the duds allowed to retain positions if KF leaves....people DO NOT get fired at the U of I. As I said last week, I really think the next hire for HC will be some milquetoast that is "Strongly" encouraged to take a "Hard" look at the current assistants. If KF is leaving, I really can't see him doing so without looking out for everyone. If Barta allows this to happen, there will be no real improvement in the program WHATSOEVER!!!
Assistant coaches have 1 year contracts. They do not have the golden parachute like most head coaches. If KF were to resign, they would be out the door as soon as their annual contract renewal date rolled around.

Assistant coaches have 1 year contracts. They do not have the golden parachute like most head coaches. If KF were to resign, they would be out the door as soon as their annual contract renewal date rolled around.

Yeah. Can't imagine a new HC would keep to many of the current assistants around but who knows. Maybe KF won't resign tomorrow. I hate waiting because I have no patience at all.

The only way I can see KF retiring is if someone he trusts sat down with him and pointed out the likely win/loss records associated with the new 2 deep roster in '15/16, that KF just released. Not sure who would qualify as that person. Maybe Mary Ferentz?

The only way I can see KF retiring is if someone he trusts sat down with him and pointed out the likely win/loss records associated with the new 2 deep roster in '15/16, that KF just released. Not sure who would qualify as that person. Maybe Mary Ferentz?

Kirk quit listening to Mary after she told he didn't use the tight ends enough in the offensive gameplan.

wait a sec. couple this with the "source" that said 3 BCS HC have received inquiries from Iowa assistant coaches + now the rumor of KF retiring????

on a side note:

As big a question than KF retiring or what transpires Wed is this: if Iowa's assistant coaches are so bad then what makes them think they can get jobs with BCS teams?

wait a sec. couple this with the "source" that said 3 BCS HC have received inquiries from Iowa assistant coaches + now the rumor of KF retiring????

on a side note:

As big a question than KF retiring or what transpires Wed is this: if Iowa's assistant coaches are so bad then what makes them think they can get jobs with BCS teams?
Who knows? If I thought I was getting a pink slip for the new year, I'd probably shop my services around. Doesn't mean anyone will hire them. I sent my resume to Sally Mason once, for the job of AD. I didn't get it but I had to ask. I thought I made a pretty good case for how I could drag Iowa athletics out of the BIG cellar. The ***** didn't even respond. The nerve of some people.

Latest posts