"We cant even get that right"

Can i ask an honest question? What is wrong with you people? You remind me of my wife, she hears what she wants adds words if needed and comes up with some whacky stuff.
Who knows what he was referring to. Yes he said they called that play. The end. Maybe he was supposed to go a different way but someone could not clear the way. Maybe he ordered a pizza to be done at the end of the game and it wasnt there and that thought got mixed with another.
My god i can not play this game, it is just plain stupid. So many moving parts to a play that could have gone wrong.

Continue to kneel at the mighty alter of the most overpaid coach in college football history. Kirk's apologists need to look in the mirror and understand the 3.8 million dollar man despite his quiet facade, has an arrogant ego that continues to rub people the wrong way. If you are winning 9-10 games every year I understand. Funny how pathetic we've become the fan base goes happy happy joy joy and defends Kfed to the death over a win against one of the worst teams in all of college football. The program is on the rise, the message board screams and shouts.

Lastly, the move he made throwing CJ under the bus classless end of story, its the other teams job to stop the second stringer from scoring, can't wait for this coach to be gone, to bad it will be later rather then sooner.

Can i ask an honest question? What is wrong with you people? You remind me of my wife, she hears what she wants adds words if needed and comes up with some whacky stuff.
Who knows what he was referring to. Yes he said they called that play. The end. Maybe he was supposed to go a different way but someone could not clear the way. Maybe he ordered a pizza to be done at the end of the game and it wasnt there and that thought got mixed with another.
My god i can not play this game, it is just plain stupid. So many moving parts to a play that could have gone wrong.
Wrong again. He said exactly what he meant. Beathard's TD was supposed to be a QB sneak. Others are the ones trying to spin and hear different things.
He was asked about being bowl eligible and took the chance to criticize his team for scoring a TD.

Wrong again. He said exactly what he meant. Beathard's TD was supposed to be a QB sneak. Others are the ones trying to spin and hear different things.
He was asked about being bowl eligible and took the chance to criticize his team for scoring a TD.

A QB sneak for a touchdown....instead of the way it went down, right?

I've been generally pleased with Kirk this year, but I'm with OOTH on this one. Purdue had just gone for a fourth down to give Iowa the ball at the Purdue 27 or so. Iowa had the backups in. Just like Wisconsin's late TD last week: If there's too much time left to run out the clock, let the backups run the offense. If they score, they score. Kirk doesn't have to be embarrassed or mad that Iowa put up a late TD to get to 38 on a team that's been losing 56-0, 44-7, 55-24, etc.

Continue to kneel at the mighty alter of the most overpaid coach in college football history. Kirk's apologists need to look in the mirror and understand the 3.8 million dollar man despite his quiet facade, has an arrogant ego that continues to rub people the wrong way. If you are winning 9-10 games every year I understand. Funny how pathetic we've become the fan base goes happy happy joy joy and defends Kfed to the death over a win against one of the worst teams in all of college football. The program is on the rise, the message board screams and shouts.

Lastly, the move he made throwing CJ under the bus classless end of story, its the other teams job to stop the second stringer from scoring, can't wait for this coach to be gone, to bad it will be later rather then sooner.

Wrong...
What's pathetic is this rant and the fact that haters ***** and moan after a game we ran for over 300 yds, and soundly beat the opponent.

And FTR, we have a chance to get 9 wins this season. According to your logic, that win total allows KirFer the right to have "an arrogant ego that continues to rub people the wrong way".

A QB sneak for a touchdown....instead of the way it went down, right?

I heard what he said. If it was a busted play that we could not get right, what makes you think he was talking about the td and not the execution of the play called?

I've been generally pleased with Kirk this year, but I'm with OOTH on this one. Purdue had just gone for a fourth down to give Iowa the ball at the Purdue 27 or so. Iowa had the backups in. Just like Wisconsin's late TD last week: If there's too much time left to run out the clock, let the backups run the offense. If they score, they score. Kirk doesn't have to be embarrassed or mad that Iowa put up a late TD to get to 38 on a team that's been losing 56-0, 44-7, 55-24, etc.

This is nothing like the Wisky game. When the badgers scored, the game was still close enough and they did it with their starters still in.

Furthermore... This wasn't about KirFer "apologizing" for scoring or he hates getting TDs; so please stop saying it was. This was about him being upset about not getting the details correct.

So you think last TD doesn't mean last TD and I am ignorant? It was 3rd and 1. learn the game!

The funny thing is that you agree that it makes no sense, and are using that to somehow defend Kurt, yet he made it crystal clear on exactly what he wanted. He was mad that they scored a TD.

I wasn't referring to any one person as ignorant, I find most non Jihadic Hawk fans are very knowledgeable about football. I said this conversation is making Hawk fans look ignorant and petty. IMO KF was referring to the 3rd&1 at 7:03 on the time clock not the 3rd & 1 with 2:48 left. I did a poor job explaining myself on the previous post tried to avoid going into the details.

If you look at the pre-snap set of the 3rd& 1 play at 7:03, the O-line splits are zero they're are butt to butt on the right side and ready to drive block. The play clock was running out so they had to spend a TO. That stuff drives KF nuts and IMO is what KF was making note of in his post game comments.

The 3rd and 1 play with 2:48 wasn't a QB sneak pre-snap look. If you look at the O-line they have normal redzone splits, block action is zone reach to the right, promoting defensive flow away from the naked boot. The RB takes 2-3 steps then looks for any penetration. If the sneak play was called the line would have lined up with zero split gaps and power stepped forward as to drive block. The RB wouldn't have known to do play action fake which he does. Why would KF complain about a play that worked to perfection? If you look at KF's history when does he pull out the trick plays? He normally does this when he's up 20 to put it out on game tape.

Last edited:
Wrong...
What's pathetic is this rant and the fact that haters ***** and moan after a game we ran for over 300 yds, and soundly beat the opponent.

And FTR, we have a chance to get 9 wins this season. According to your logic, that win total allows KirFer the right to have "an arrogant ego that continues to rub people the wrong way".
You realize Kurt essentially started the ******** and moaning right? That is my problem. We got bowl eligible, dominated in the 2nd half, and he ******* that we scored a TD instead of running a QB sneak. Your beef should be with him. Why the hell does he feel the need to apologize for Iowa being slightly above average?

I heard what he said. If it was a busted play that we could not get right, what makes you think he was talking about the td and not the execution of the play called?

Have you ever seen a QB sneak? Most people don't get upset if busted plays score tds

I wasn't referring to any one person as ignorant, I find most non Jihadic Hawk fans are very knowledgeable about football. I said this conversation is making Hawk fans look ignorant and petty. IMO KF was referring to the 3rd&1 at 7:03 on the time clock not the 3rd & 1 with 2:48 left. I did a poor job explaining myself on the previous post tried to avoid going into the details.

If you look at the pre-snap set of the 3rd& 1 play at 7:03, the O-line splits are zero they're are butt to butt on the right side and ready to drive block. The play clock was running out so they had to spend a TO. That stuff drives KF nuts and IMO is what KF was making note of in his post game comments.

The 3rd and 1 play with 2:48 wasn't a QB sneak pre-snap look. If you look at the O-line they have normal redzone splits, block action is zone reach to the right, promoting defensive flow away from the naked boot. The RB takes 2-3 steps then looks for any penetration. If the sneak play was called the line would have lined up with zero spit gaps and power stepped forward as to drive block. The RB wouldn't have known to do play action fake which he does. Why would KF complain about a play that worked to perfection? If you look at KF's history when does he pull out the trick plays? He normally does this when he's up 20 to put it out on game tape.
In fact you are wrong. His exact words were "that last TD". Now maybe he was referring to the last TD of the first quarter, but common sense probably disagrees.
Also he said they had a problem getting the play in, so either GD didn't call it or CJ changed it, and he clearly wasn't happy about it.

There is now way to know for sure but I didn't see confusion on the play call at 2:48 there is much confusion on the 7:03 call so much they had to call time out. Are you saying CJ want on his own calling the sneak and then pulled the ball?

There is now way to know for sure but I didn't see confusion on the play call at 2:48 there is much confusion on the 7:03 call so much they had to call time out. Are you saying CJ want on his own calling the sneak and then pulled the ball?
Nope. I am saying the play Kurt wanted and the play called were different. He said as much. I don't care how much you want to infer what he was saying. His EXACT words were " the LAST touchdown." I take him at his word. Kurt is conservative, but he isn't a dummy or a lier.

I understand tiring of whiny...quite frankly, I've turned a bit whiny myself on twitter this year.

That said, I do understand those who didn't like Kirk's comments after the game related to the TD. (disclosure; I only read through one and half pages of this thread and tend to find OOTH more whiny than just about everyone whose still posting here)

I think Iowa fans would like to have someone who doesn't feel the need to apologize there. Bret Bielema wouldn't apologize there. The Wisconsin program doesn't seem to apologize for late scores like this. Big freaking deal, it was 38 instead of 31. It's not like the coach is going to fired over that.

Keep it to yourself and deal with it internally if you feel it was insubordinate, but don't do it that way.

Speaking of Twitter....

Jon Miller@HawkeyeNation47s
I thought Kirk said he wasn’t going to try to return a punt again all year

You know they returned punts in the NW game....

I truly believe we have the dumbest fans in the world. This thread and website prove it.

Just record setting stupidity and the end is nowhere in sight.

I truly believe we have the dumbest fans in the world. This thread and website prove it.

Just record setting stupidity and the end is nowhere in sight.
Welcome aboard.

But yes, you have to be a real dummy to not know what "last" means.

Have you ever seen a QB sneak? Most people don't get upset if busted plays score tds
a hc is not most people. So if you wanted bamboo floors and the installer put in carpet, your not upset? You still have floors right?
Fact is at this point in the season a hc or any coach should be down right pizzed about lack of execution.

"Last TD" in a head coach's mind could easily mean "last TD by the first team when I actually gave a flip about execution", and when an actual called QB sneak was actually completely screwed up to the point they had to call a TO.

People are just speculating that the second team's TD run by CJB was a called run up the middle that he took outside instead. I suppose we'll only know what the heck he was talking about when he gets asked at the presser.

Latest posts