"We cant even get that right"

This reaction by KF does surprise and really bothers me.

Purdue went for it deep in their own territory instead of punting on fourth down turning the ball over to us. We had all of our back-ups in the game at that point. We subsequently handed the ball off on each play. I really do not see a difference by using a QB sneak for a yard followed by a couple of hand offs for a TD versus the QB bootleg? We were going to score either way. It is not like we threw for the end zone on the first play of the series.

I do get the issue with un-classiness that goes on with some programs across the nation that rack up absurd scores often with their starters in the game the majority of time. I do not think we were anywhere near that point. Heck Wisconsin jammed a late score in on us with their starters and the game won the week before. Did we expect an apology for that? I do not think so.

I do not know what was said between coaches but it looked like Hazell was caught off-guard by KF's apology if that is what happened. Hazell also shares some blame by going for it instead of punting. KF made this non-issue an issue now.

I also cannot believe we have to tell our back-ups that we want them to go into games but not try to be successful. Hey thanks for all the work you have done in practice and the weight room but when you go in make sure you do not do anything productive! Why not just take a knee four times then.

Just to say this as simply as possible. No one knows what was said at handshake. No one knows what was meant by the comments for sure.

What we do know is this thread as many here was started with an agenda. Assumptions are easy to follow i guess.

Last edited:
Just to say this as simply as possible. No one knows what was said at handshake. No one knows what was meant by the comments for sure.

What we do know is this thread as many here was started with an agenda. Assumptions are easy to follow i guess.
Nope. I know. You just don't want to acknowledge it. I think ferentz is a good coach overall, but he is afraid of winning big and this is a perfect example of it.

This reaction by KF does surprise and really bothers me.

Purdue went for it deep in their own territory instead of punting on fourth down turning the ball over to us. We had all of our back-ups in the game at that point. We subsequently handed the ball off on each play. I really do not see a difference by using a QB sneak for a yard followed by a couple of hand offs for a TD versus the QB bootleg? We were going to score either way. It is not like we threw for the end zone on the first play of the series.

I do get the issue with un-classiness that goes on with some programs across the nation that rack up absurd scores often with their starters in the game the majority of time. I do not think we were anywhere near that point. Heck Wisconsin jammed a late score in on us with their starters and the game won the week before. Did we expect an apology for that? I do not think so.

I do not know what was said between coaches but it looked like Hazell was caught off-guard by KF's apology if that is what happened. Hazell also shares some blame by going for it instead of punting. KF made this non-issue an issue now.

I also cannot believe we have to tell our back-ups that we want them to go into games but not try to be successful. Hey thanks for all the work you have done in practice and the weight room but when you go in make sure you do not do anything productive! Why not just take a knee four times then.
For one, no one knows for sure that KF was talking about the CJB bootleg. My issue is with the bolded part above, it isn't telling them to try to not be successful but ensuring that they do what they're told. If KF told him to QB sneak (assuming designed straight up the middle) and CJB bootlegs out on his own, that would upset any coach. FACT

For one, no one knows for sure that KF was talking about the CJB bootleg. My issue is with the bolded part above, it isn't telling them to try to not be successful but ensuring that they do what they're told. If KF told him to QB sneak (assuming designed straight up the middle) and CJB bootlegs out on his own, that would upset any coach. FACT

What part of "on that last touchdown" is so hard for people to understand. Maybe he was talking about the WMU touchdown?

Lastly, the move he made throwing CJ under the bus classless end of story, its the other teams job to stop the second stringer from scoring, can't wait for this coach to be gone, to bad it will be later rather then sooner.

CJs Dad, Casey, can write a song about his son being called out publicly like that.
Here in Nashville, Casey is country music writer, and wrote "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problems" for Kenny Chesney.
I guess the back-up QB is not allowed to audible.

I certainly wouldn't say it was an obvious apology. There's no way to know. The discussion between the two was abnormally long; but we don't know what was said.

My initial thought was KirFer explaining he was getting the FB's a couple carries (Cox and Plewa each got a carry instead of the kneel down).

After rewatching it, I thought maybe KirFer was giving him some folksy wisdom about sticking with it after a couple rough first years as a HC.

Then after rewatching it (again), it looked like Hazell talked a lot more in the handshake. Maybe Hazell was giving him a wah wah about something or other.

Whatevs it may have been, we'll likely never know; and will cotinue to make 10 page threads discussing what could've been said.

I honestly think if you watch it one more time, we might be able to crack this case. Keep us posted.

What part of "on that last touchdown" is so hard for people to understand. Maybe he was talking about the WMU touchdown?

I must have missed that however my point still stands. If a player doesn't follow the play as called and originally designed, that would upset any coach. Haven't you seen Varsity Blues?

Wrong...
What's pathetic is this rant and the fact that haters ***** and moan after a game we ran for over 300 yds, and soundly beat the opponent.

And FTR, we have a chance to get 9 wins this season. According to your logic, that win total allows KirFer the right to have "an arrogant ego that continues to rub people the wrong way".

9 wins this year, really, Iowa's 6 wins this year have come against two teams that are 1 and 8, one team that's 1 and 9, a 4 and 5 team, a lower tier team that is 5 and 4, and a 8 and 2 Minny team who we are lucky we played early before Kill had to take a leave and the Gophers had something to play for.

Iowa has beaten nobody of merit this year besides Minny and that's stretching it, reality, when we play anybody worth anything in current college football we are exposed.

Please check your meds and join the rest of use in reality.

9 wins this year, really, Iowa's 6 wins this year have come against two teams that are 1 and 8, one team that's 1 and 9, a 4 and 5 team, a lower tier team that is 5 and 4, and a 8 and 2 Minny team who we are lucky we played early before Kill had to take a leave and the Gophers had something to play for.

Iowa has beaten nobody of merit this year besides Minny and that's stretching it, reality, when we play anybody worth anything in current college football we are exposed.

Please check your meds and join the rest of use in reality.

No one said Iowa was good, but if you're going to down play the wins you have to admit that that they beat the teams they should and only lost to top 25 teams.

Back on point....the moment I heard that statement......

[video=youtube;XF2ayWcJfxo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XF2ayWcJfxo[/video]

Odd....very very odd to say that statement at that particular time.

It was a 3rd and 1 from the 5. So the qb sneak makes sense. The bootleg has a higher chance of loosing yards. I'm sure he likes to points but he also wants to playcalling to go smoother.

I had to give up 17 points to a couple of Purdue grads......I was quite happy with the TD considering Purdue scored one late too!

If they had sneaked it and got a 1st down on the 4 they could have used more clock in route to the td and then Purdue would not have had time to score late.

So, you're a big reality TV fan? That would explain a lot.

and a "car wreck" is stupid? good god man...
Having you & ooth disagree with me makes me feel better. If I were agreeing with you I would be very worried about my football or life knowledge. A troll is a troll.