"We cant even get that right"

I understand tiring of whiny...quite frankly, I've turned a bit whiny myself on twitter this year.

That said, I do understand those who didn't like Kirk's comments after the game related to the TD. (disclosure; I only read through one and half pages of this thread and tend to find OOTH more whiny than just about everyone whose still posting here)

I think Iowa fans would like to have someone who doesn't feel the need to apologize there. Bret Bielema wouldn't apologize there. The Wisconsin program doesn't seem to apologize for late scores like this. Big freaking deal, it was 38 instead of 31. It's not like the coach is going to fired over that.

Keep it to yourself and deal with it internally if you feel it was insubordinate, but don't do it that way.

I understand tiring of whiny...quite frankly, I've turned a bit whiny myself on twitter this year.

That said, I do understand those who didn't like Kirk's comments after the game related to the TD. (disclosure; I only read through one and half pages of this thread and tend to find OOTH more whiny than just about everyone whose still posting here)

I think Iowa fans would like to have someone who doesn't feel the need to apologize there. Bret Bielema wouldn't apologize there. The Wisconsin program doesn't seem to apologize for late scores like this. Big freaking deal, it was 38 instead of 31. It's not like the coach is going to fired over that.

Keep it to yourself and deal with it internally if you feel it was insubordinate, but don't do it that way.

as is usually the case, J is the voice of reason

But after reading all of this, including your thoughts... I understand all the attention to this seemingly minor comment. It defines Kirk.

He sees scoring as a necessary evil, to be done no more than is absolutely necessary. Always... in moderation.

Only Kurt would get a win on the road and be ****** that his backups scored a TD.

I think he forgot what it's like too have QB that actually run, what year did Banks graduate?

Love the dual threat QB, wish he played much more

wine-bottles.jpg

I agree with the statements by others that KF's public reaction to the agregious act of scoring a TD late in a game on a run illustrates how he feels about the game of college football.

KF truly wants to win each game by one point. He loves great defense and hates offense. He doesn't want to score a lot of points. This explains the Iowa offense over his tenure. Unimaginative, boring, no sense of urgency, stop doing what's working, etc. He really doesn't care to have a dominant offense.

Your wife/hubby/partner must love coming home to your whiny arse.

Just go one day without being a *****.

The only reason yer 13 cats luv when you come home is cuz you feed em and clean their box out for em..

Last edited:
The over/under was 45 and Iowa was leading 31-7, at that time.
Just saying why Kirk might have been bitter.
Signed,
Ronnie Harmon

Much ado about nothing, boys. KF was commenting about having to call a TO when Ruddock was trying to run the quick sneak on 3 & 1 at the Purdue 5 a few minutes earlier, not the CJB TD run.

Agree with you Phoenix. The CJ call was from the 5 yard line you don't run a QB SNEAK from the 5 folks. Even co-co- coach Klein knows that.

FTR, he was 100% talking about Beathard's TD. "The last TD, we signaled in a QB sneak, we can't even get that right."

It just makes no sense. Even when he was apologizing to Hazell you could tell that Hazell had no fricking clue what he was referring to because no other coach anywhere would think that is apology worthy.

FTR, he was 100% talking about Beathard's TD. "The last TD, we signaled in a QB sneak, we can't even get that right."

It just makes no sense. Even when he was apologizing to Hazell you could tell that Hazell had no fricking clue what he was referring to because no other coach anywhere would think that is apology worthy.

I watched that how could you tell?

It makes no sense to run a 5 yard QB sneak. I question KF/GD's play calling at times but they wouldn't call it from the 5. Check the box score CJ TD run was 5 yards. This conversation is making Hawk fans look petty and ignorant please stop.

It makes no sense to run a 5 yard QB sneak. I question KF/GD's play calling at times but they wouldn't call it from the 5. Check the box score CJ TD run was 5 yards. This conversation is making Hawk fans look petty and ignorant please stop.
So you think last TD doesn't mean last TD and I am ignorant? It was 3rd and 1. learn the game!

The funny thing is that you agree that it makes no sense, and are using that to somehow defend Kurt, yet he made it crystal clear on exactly what he wanted. He was mad that they scored a TD.

Last edited:
So if that is the case then why did he make a point to talk down about the coaches and the players in a 20 sec interview? Why was that needed if that was what he was talking about?

It is KF doing an "aw shucks, dag nabbit" self-effacing role of modesty. He is standing there using his foot to dig around in the dirt like Andy of Mayberry.

He probably couldnt just say "we played a real good game, blah, blah blah" but instead had to minimize the 2nd half beat down of the opponent.

Last edited:
So you think last TD doesn't mean last TD and I am ignorant? It was 3rd and 1. learn the game!

The funny thing is that you agree that it makes no sense, and are using that to somehow defend Kurt, yet he made it crystal clear on exactly what he wanted. He was mad that they scored a TD.

We could just ask KirFer at the presser on Tuesday. The coach speak we'll get will clear this whole thing up.
:p

Latest posts