We aren't back

I hate to admit it, but ghost was right about getting to hyped up about the team. I think Meyers is going to be a great player along with the other freshmen, but they all are learning and developing. The other team was a looked a lot quicker than Iowa. The 2014 recruiting class is going to be pretty important.

He hasn’t been right about squat, even if it is his top priority. It’s 7 games into the season and we literally have no idea what this team is going to be like in March.

He hasn’t been right about squat, even if it is his top priority. It’s 7 games into the season and we literally have no idea what this team is going to be like in March.

Yeah, your right he hasn't been right about squat. If Iowa would of hit a couple of early threes it would of been a different game. I just got bored watching Iowa missing their open shots with the exception of Oglesby.

My question is....."back to where" exactly? What is the OP's main endpoint?

NCAA team every year? Not yet....however....
Relevant? Yes
Respected? Yes
Competitive? Yes
On the way back up (vs floundering)? Yes

This is not football. You can win in basketball with those kinds of numbers. I expect this team to progress like last year's team. If they can stay away from the bad losses, I still think an NCAA berth is possible. If not, nothing wrong with an NIT bid to give the kids some more experience.
First things first...must learn to defend better than we have been.

This sounds about right. We lost to two teams that are not bad. They were definitely not bad losses. We will improve as our open shots start to fall like the should. Our defense will improve. Stay away from bad losses & we will be ok.

Pure supposition but the way Wake Forest was missing shots against a bad Nebby team that is an ACC Challenge game Iowa could have won.

Step off the ledge fans, If the Hawks are still giving up 95 points in Feb. to teams that will not make the tourney then it is time to get worried. Fran and the team will watch the tapes and work on adjustments, playing a decent team on the road in Nov. is so much more beneficial than blowing out Chicago State in front of 8000 fans at home. The last two games were wake up calls, Fran has improved the talent level dramatically from the past 5-6 years, now he has to teach them how to play some defense. Personally, I thought the refs stunk last night but I'm a huge homer!

you could be a cyclone fan and watch a bowl game and the NCAA tournament.

The Turd Bowl the Cyclones will be playing in will probably not be televised..(Maybe WOI will pick up locally)

The Cyclones BB team would finish 8th or 9th in the Big 10 this year. MSU is probably only the 6th best team in the BIG this year and they already beat Kansas on a neutral Court.
The Big 12 has only a couple decent teams..ISU probably will have a shot at the NCAA Tourney.

Did any one watch this team last season? We lost to Campbell at home.We will get better as the season progresses and team chemistry will develop much like last year. We had 3 freshman on the floor together at times last night. The D was horrible, but this gives a young team something to work on. I, for one, am extremely encouraged by where our team is in such a short time under Fran. It's hard for everyone, including myself, to look at the big picture. The big picture is that the Hawks are building something here, it takes time.

I never said they were not good, I said they would struggle early and improve as the year went on. I said Oglesby wasn't as good a shooter as people said. I said May and Olesani would be non-factors. I said Gaten's scoring will be missed more than people think. I said this 10 man rotation think won't work and it will be shrunk down.

I have literally been right about everything, but no one wanted to listen because they thought I was hating. Now that everyone's hating, they don't want to listen because I'm too positive. This is the kind of manic-depressive thing I see a dozen times a season on this bored. Emotional people are unable to think critically and view the situation clearly.

I predicted 20 wins for this team and a top NIT seed. Still not wavering from that at all.

Not by longshot. Two terrible efforts back to back.

Hawks can't afford more than 1 loss in the non-conference schedule if they even want to make the NIT. The Big Ten is better than last season and it's going to be harder to climb back.

Especially when you get crushed to by freaking Virginia Tech.

Well, I picked this team to go 21-10, and had prediction included losses in these last two games, so nothing has really changed for me. In fact, I'm not sure why everyone had VT penciled in as a W.. A road game against an ACC opponent is hardly a sure thing.

But yeah, until Iowa starts playing some defense, nothing is going to change from last year. Fran said it himself before the season - the D has to improve. We're still waiting for that to happen, but the good news is that it's a long season and the Big Ten doesn't start for a while yet. The team can improve.

It's pretty distrubing how hard some of these fans take a loss. We win, we're final four bound, we lose, the teams full of bums with 2 inch verticles. I was as disappointed as anyone in last nights game, and even threw a few things around the house, but I gave myself a few minutes to digest it and moved on. There is a lot of work ahead for this team, but I really like what I've seen so far in a lot of different areas.

Step off the ledge fans, If the Hawks are still giving up 95 points in Feb. to teams that will not make the tourney then it is time to get worried. Fran and the team will watch the tapes and work on adjustments, playing a decent team on the road in Nov. is so much more beneficial than blowing out Chicago State in front of 8000 fans at home. The last two games were wake up calls, Fran has improved the talent level dramatically from the past 5-6 years, now he has to teach them how to play some defense. Personally, I thought the refs stunk last night but I'm a huge homer!

I felt the same way! First half - it was just foul, foul, foul, foul.. Every little touchy-ticky-tack thing was called, at least on Iowa. Look at the FT disparity. Then in the 2nd half, White was getting bumped and knocked around, stuffed, and they call a jump ball. Don't tell me there was no contact there.. I often really hate the way college basketball games are officiated.. But anyway, yeah, I'm a homer too, and the refs always always seem to be out to get your team. :p

I felt the same way! First half - it was just foul, foul, foul, foul.. Every little touchy-ticky-tack thing was called, at least on Iowa. Look at the FT disparity. Then in the 2nd half, White was getting bumped and knocked around, stuffed, and they call a jump ball. Don't tell me there was no contact there.. I often really hate the way college basketball games are officiated.. But anyway, yeah, I'm a homer too, and the refs always always seem to be out to get your team. :p

When someone goes over 7'1" Woodbury when he has position on multiple occasions, you'd think something would be called.

The team will learn how to adjust to the way a crew is calling a game. It's all part of the learning curve for these guys, much like playing better team defense. That being said, i am a complete homer too and said some bad words last night.

Latest posts