We are NOT back.......

If you guys took the time to hear what I'm saying you'd find that I believe that Iowa has talent and a realistic chance at making the dance (however with almost no room for error). I think you guys finish 9-9, in fact I'd almost call that a definite as long as the wins go according to expectations. You've got 5 wins for sure (NW, PSU 2, Neb 2). Beat a STRUGGLING Illinois team at Carver and Purdue at Carver and that is 9 wins easily. IMO you need 10 wins minimum to get in because unless you beat BOTH Minnesota and Wisconsin and both of those teams make the NCAA then you don't have any good wins. That means you need 10 wins and at least 1 in the BTT.

So really, you should be rooting like hell for Minny and Wisconsin to be good so those wins look better. You should also be rooting like hell for Iowa State if you can stomach it because that gives you at least 1 good noncon win.

You should just stop, no one cares what you say, nor will they ever. If you want anyone to listen go to your own Connie boards. Besides you are probably missed over there with all your homerism posts about the Grinch being the greatest ever.

Judging a kid based solely on who offered and when is pretty stupid.

No one was salivating over Woody being recruited by UNC. A lot of people were worried but not salivating. Grown men don't salivate over 16-17 year old HS boys unless they are a sex predator.

Oh please, people on this board were going nuts over getting Woodbury from UNC.

Ok, what is a better determination of if a player is good? Going off the number of stars he was given by a blogger that doesn't even coach or by successful coaches who make their living off of the talent they recruit? I'll go by the coaches and their staff that make millions of dollars evaluating and recruiting talent.

Oh please, people on this board were going nuts over getting Woodbury from UNC.

Ok, what is a better determination of if a player is good? Going off the number of stars he was given by a blogger that doesn't even coach or by successful coaches who make their living off of the talent they recruit? I'll go by the coaches and their staff that make millions of dollars evaluating and recruiting talent.

You sir are a Wisconsin homer, no one here cares what you "think" about anything.

I don't know what # of stars that they have next to their name but I know big time programs were recruiting 3 of our 5 players. Bronson Koenig was offered and heavily recruited by both Duke and North Carolina. He was the first player Roy Williams offered in that class. Nigel Hayes was recruited hard by Ohio State, Minnesota and Stanford (he's an excellent student). Vitto Brown was heavily recruited by Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin and Stanford. Any time you get a recruit that both Duke and North Carolina went after hard you are doing something. Add those guys into the return of Josh Gasser, Sam Dekker, George Marshall, Ben Brust and Traevon Jackson and we have something special brewing.

You guys are salivating over Woodbury being offered by UNC. Well Koenig was offered before Woodbury was and he's in the following class and he was offered by Coach K as well. Bo Ryan doesn't typically get guys like that. Now he'll have 2 in Dekker and Koenig.

Hayes thinks he is really good, just ask him. When he was a freshman he was asked where he saw himself, he said UNC/Kentucky and going pro after one season. He is not a hard worker at all and if they wanted a guy out of the Toledo area, it had to be Marc Loving, but he is headed to OSU.

You may have something in Brown, kind of a late bloomer and was on Iowa's radar for a while, but I don't think they ever offered. I have spoken to a guy on this board from BG and says Brown is for real, it looks like he grew a couple of inches as well.

Koenig was offered by a lot of Big Ten schools early. He is a Wisconsin kid and not a surprise he is going to Wisconsin, like Woodbury staying home to play.

Brian Butch was the same way, he was the 9th rated player coming out of high school his Senior year.

To say this is Wisconsin's best class is crazy and to cite who they are recruited by when they have had all kinds of players that were top 100 and 4* recruits in their recruiting classes.

I liked what I saw yesterday from the Hawks. That game could have gotten away from them, but they came back with tough play after tough play. The B1G is a meat-grindor conference and Iowa will have some really nice wins when it is all said and done. Outside of the Michigan game (which is understandable), Iowa has played every team tough. The Hawks got knocked down at OSU, but really fought back. I was extremely proud of that effort.

I really like the pieces you guys have moving forward. There is a lot of young talent that will learn from these games. I think Iowa is gaining a lot of respect in the media, which is definitely what I would consider back. I know I'm an Iowa State fan, but it doesn't mean I can't give props when props is due. I think Iowa is capable of going on a nice run the next few games, which could go a long way into getting into the NCAA tourney (my hopes for Iowa anyhow). The next five games have some winnable games. @ Minnesota and @ Wisconsin will be tough games, but the heart that the team has displayed has me thinking a victory against Minnesota is not out of the question. Also, Wisconsin is tough at home, but the improved defense has given them fits in the past. It isn't out of the realm of possiblility for a road victory.

Go Cyclones and go Hawks.

I liked what I saw yesterday from the Hawks. That game could have gotten away from them, but they came back with tough play after tough play. The B1G is a meat-grindor conference and Iowa will have some really nice wins when it is all said and done. Outside of the Michigan game (which is understandable), Iowa has played every team tough. The Hawks got knocked down at OSU, but really fought back. I was extremely proud of that effort.

I really like the pieces you guys have moving forward. There is a lot of young talent that will learn from these games. I think Iowa is gaining a lot of respect in the media, which is definitely what I would consider back. I know I'm an Iowa State fan, but it doesn't mean I can't give props when props is due. I think Iowa is capable of going on a nice run the next few games, which could go a long way into getting into the NCAA tourney (my hopes for Iowa anyhow). The next five games have some winnable games. @ Minnesota and @ Wisconsin will be tough games, but the heart that the team has displayed has me thinking a victory against Minnesota is not out of the question. Also, Wisconsin is tough at home, but the improved defense has given them fits in the past. It isn't out of the realm of possiblility for a road victory.

Go Cyclones and go Hawks.

I like you, good write up but ActiveBadger just loves his Bo cheese a little too much.

I enjoy watching ISU, I root for them when they aren't playing Iowa. Great game against K-State. It still kills me how Melvin Ejim barely gets any recognition for how hard he works and gets things done.

Hayes thinks he is really good, just ask him. When he was a freshman he was asked where he saw himself, he said UNC/Kentucky and going pro after one season. He is not a hard worker at all and if they wanted a guy out of the Toledo area, it had to be Marc Loving, but he is headed to OSU.

Bo Ryan doesn't recruit kids that aren't willing to work hard. You may hate him but he's old school that way. I doubt Hayes isn't a hard worker. You don't have a 3.9 GPA and offered by Stanford, Wisconsin and OSU if you are a slacker.

Wisconsin took a LONG look at Jok. Coach Close and Coach Gard watched a lot of his games. We went another direction by offering Riley Dearring instead. I don't really think that says much of anything.

Bo Ryan doesn't recruit kids that aren't willing to work hard. You may hate him but he's old school that way. I doubt Hayes isn't a hard worker. You don't have a 3.9 GPA and offered by Stanford, Wisconsin and OSU if you are a slacker.

Wisconsin took a LONG look at Jok. Coach Close and Coach Gard watched a lot of his games. We went another direction by offering Riley Dearring instead. I don't really think that says much of anything.

Well, on Hayes, I know quite a few people that have seen him play. He has talent, but is an enigma and plays when he want to, also tried to get his coach fired before the start of last season.

There is a kid from Temperance, MI named Jackson Lamb that is going to UofM on a baseball scholarship, the consensus in the area is that Lamb is a far better player than Hayes, but far behind Loving. Lamb would have been a good college basketball player, but loves baseball. Why do I bring up Lamb? When people watch him, all they talk about is how hard he plays, same with Loving. Nothing of the sort is said for Hayes.

I don't hate the kid, don't pub him like he an elite player because he was recruited by some Power Six schools. Hayes has talent, but don't all Big Ten basketball players?

Standings Herky. You guys aren't our Super Bowl.

I'm pretty sure you are the only one who claims that Wisconsin is Iowa Super Bowl. It isn't a Super Bowl to us at all, as we expect to beat the Vadgers at this point, it would be an upset only if we lost

Standings Herky. You guys aren't our Super Bowl.

No offense activebadger, but I like to watch Wisconsin basketball because it helps me fall asleep. Who needs Ambien when you have the Badgers playing anyone? I was even at the Wisconsin vs Minnesota home game on Feb 28th last year and saw some of the worst basketball I have seen played in quite some time.

That said...Bo knows how to win (boring/ugly) bball. Also, I'm pretty sure Wisconsin hasn't beaten Iowa in basketball for the last 3 attempts. But who's counting?

I'm pretty sure you are the only one who claims that Wisconsin is Iowa Super Bowl. It isn't a Super Bowl to us at all, as we expect to beat the Vadgers at this point, it would be an upset only if we lost

Despite all evidence to the contrary.

Do teams normally storm the court after beating a non-ranked opponent? The only time Wisconsin has stormed the court in the last decade was when we beat Duke (Top 5 team), beat #1 OSU or when we win the conference championship. We just beat a #14 ranked rival in Minnesota and not a single kid went out on the court.

The next time we storm the court beating Iowa will be the first.

Despite all evidence to the contrary.

Do teams normally storm the court after beating a non-ranked opponent? The only time Wisconsin has stormed the court in the last decade was when we beat Duke (Top 5 team), beat #1 OSU or when we win the conference championship. We just beat a #14 ranked rival in Minnesota and not a single kid went out on the court.

The next time we storm the court beating Iowa will be the first.

It's hard storming the court when your entire fan base is bored/asleep or are now diagnosed Narcoleptics from too much Wisconsin basketball exposure (exposure as defined by the American Medical Association as basketball viewed longer than 1 hour in duration multiple times a week).

Latest posts