Ways to improve the Kinnick Gameday experience

nickhawk

1. Replace the ugly plain bushes in the Dead Space by the corner entrances with some sort of Hawkeye symbol or even the word “IOWA†– I still have no idea what purpose the bushes serve, and it would look so much cooler on TV if they were replaced with something Black and Gold that really pops out and catches the eye.

2. Do a couple of food combo packages. I am not expecting any type of extreme discount, but if it would normally cost like $14 bucks for a hot dog, nachos and a water – make this a combo package and sell the combo for like $12 or even $10 bucks – I think the volume increase in the total number of combos sold would make up for the lower price.

3. Use the TV timeouts to show more “Great moments in Hawk History†highlights or even “Hawks in the NFL†highlights – The Scoreboard is an awesome feature and I think it should be used more during the game to help entertain the fans.

4. Play “Back in Black†at the start of every 4th quarter in addition to the players entrance at the start of the game – Wisconsin’s “Jump Around†is awesome to watch at the start of the 4th quarter in Madison and I think anything that could get the Hawk fans excited to start the 4th quarter would be a good thing.

Agree with all those points. Really like the idea of Back n' Black at start of every 4th quarter.

Put as many obstacles as possible between people and their celebration of the college football experience.

Remove the crappy houses across the street from Kinnick and put in a nice brick apartment with shops at the bottom floor. I'm thinking a bar, hawk shop and a restaurant or something else would look a lot nicer.

1) Sell Kinnick to the City. Lease Kinnick back from City on 99 year lease. Start selling beer and use the proceeds to put in more port-a-potties and on writing fewer stupid tickets.

2) Make ISU come to Kinnick every year so we don't have to travel to their HS stadium.

3) Stop losing to Northwestern every time they come to town.

4) Issue sound tickets to hicks playing loud country music in the KC lot.

5) Put a scoreboard sized HDTV in the KC lot and give me the remote.

6) Mandate that everyone crushing brews in the KC lot has to have a wristband.

7) Funnel all the proles who don't have a wristband to crush brews in the KC lot through the entrances and exits on the east side of the stadium.

8) Add more bathroom capacity and individual TVs above each urinal.

9) Have a food guy bring a t-loin to my seat at the start of the 2nd and 4th quarters.

10) Set the Hawkeye Express up so that it makes the following stops: a) Mall where all the proles park, b) Naperville stations (lotta Hawk fans in Western 'burbs), c) Ogilvie station in Chicago and d) all Evanston stops on Metra North Line (lotta Hawk fans in Northern 'burbs).

Agree with all those points. Really like the idea of Back n' Black at start of every 4th quarter.

Yea, some kind of "Black-in-Black" dance would be cool during the start of the 4th Q. The students need to really work on this. If UNI can do it, Iowa some Iowa students should be able to take charge & come up with something.

Actually play and beat a legit top 10 team. When was the last time iowa has played and won against a team that finished in the top 10? I'm not sure you can name many teams that even finished the season in the top 20... Do you think that iowa's success the last decade has more to do with the big 10 being so far down than iowa being a great football team?

Actually play and beat a legit top 10 team. When was the last time iowa has played and won against a team that finished in the top 10? I'm not sure you can name many teams that even finished the season in the top 20... Do you think that iowa's success the last decade has more to do with the big 10 being so far down than iowa being a great football team?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjQZNkiY7ds]YouTube - ‪I Don't Remember Asking You A Goddamn Thing‬‏[/ame]

:confused::eek:

When Iowa State moves down to the MAC*, will its best team ever finish higher than the top 10 Miami of Ohio team that Iowa beat?

* Assumes ISU can meet academic standards to join the MAC, which might be a stretch.

Well genius, how about last year?
Iowa vs. Michigan State
Michigan State was 6th at the time and finished 9th in the BCS final rankings on Dec 5th. 7th in the final Harris and USA Today rankings.

NCAA College Football BCS Standings Week 15 - ESPN

Penn State 2008, but you all ready knew that. There was even a game thread about it on CyFan, but you all ready knew that too. Every Iowa game has a game thread on CyFan.

When we do play and beat a legit top 10 team they are no longer in the top 10...
#9 Georgia Tech 2009/2010

Latest posts